How It All Started

Broken Hearted

   One year ago, I met JB. He was a transfer student from America. His name was short for Jaebum. He hated that name so Gikwang started calling him JB. I didn't like "JB" so I started calling him Jay. The name never stuck though so I was the only one who called him Jay. You know, until we broke up.

   Gikwang, JB, and I were best friends. We hung out all the time. Then it got to the point when I started to like JB. I didn't tell anybody. Not even Gikwang. 

   One day, Gikwang comes up to me and tells me to go for JB.  "Hey, what do you think of JB?" he said. 

   "What do you mean?" I said, trying to sound nonchalant. I got nervous because I thought he figured out that I liked him. But it was the other way around. 

   "Nothing. I'm just saying that JB might like you." He said that so casually that I thought he was messing with me. Leave it to him to do that. After saying that, he just walks away. Walks away. Like what he said wasn't important at all. It made me frustrated. 

   Later that night, I got a text from Gikwang. 

   GK: so what do you think of JB??

   AR: what are u trying to say?

   GK: i think he likes you~!

   AR: yah, will you stop messing with me? I know he doesnt like me!

   GK: stop denying it gurl. U know he likes you

   AR: actually i DONT know if he likes me or not

   GK: well why dont you find out!! ^_~

   AR: yeah, right. How?

   GK: here's his number!! 174-490-0098***

   AR: wat am i suppose to say?? "hey jb! gikwang says you like me. Do you like me or not?" u dont really expect me to say that do you??

   GK: dont be silly. Just text him like how u text me. 

   AR: do u seriously think it would be that easy? 

   GK: so what are you saying? You might like him???

   I bit my lip. I didn't know what to do or say. Two minutes passed and I still haven't texted him back yet. Another minute passed and I received another text from Gikwang. 

   GK: Aha!!! So you do like him!!! >:D 

   I sighed and finally replied back. 

   AR: fine. I'll text him.. 

   GK: You go girl!!! Fighting! 

   I smiled and started texting JB. After that night, JB and I got closer. Gikwang was always encouraging us to go out and he was happy for us. JB and I never confessed to each other. We just assumed we liked each other and I guess that's when things got bad. JB would flirt with other girls and surprisingly, it didn't bother me. Even though he flirted with other girls, he still treated me well.

   We were together for a couple of months and the school year was about to end. JB was going to spend the summer with his family in America and that meant being away from him for two months. I didn't know what to do. He didn't even tell me he was going away for the summer. I had to hear it from Gikwang. I was hurt and sad that he never told me. We got in an argument the night before he left and I said stuff that I shouldn't have said. JB was frustrated at me and just left. Without a word. He was gone for the whole summer and he's been avoiding me ever since. I've tried to apologize by trying to talk to him, sending him messages, writing him letters and emails, but none of it worked. He just kept ignoring me and lived life as if I never came along.

   The sad thing is, I knew I shouldn't have overreacted. I should've just let him explain, but I was too mad at him. And the worst thing? Gikwang took my side the whole time, even when I was wrong. JB lost a girlfriend and a best friend. It was all my fault. The guilt built up inside me and I felt horrible. Then I found out that he hooked up with a ton of girls in America. And no, it wasn't a rumor that everyone was talking about. He came to me and rubbed it in my face. Gikwang and I just ignored him. A couple days later, he kissed a girl right in front of me. That was the day Gikwang lost it. He beat the crap out of his best friend and JB didn't even fight back. That was what puzzled me the most.

   Why did JB never fight back? That's a question that might never get answered. But you never know, because fate has its weird ways of dealing with things.

...

***not a valid number

Second chapter of "I love you." [The Three Words I Hate]! ^^
I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far.. :)
I'll try to update every chance I get.
And a poster is coming soon! ^_^
Comments are also welcome!!
-XiLuvMuzikMoreThanUX-