A Dream or A Miracle?

SS501 One Shots


He looked up to the sky, leaning on the reel of his balcony apartment.  Jung Min was sleeping over and was currently watching the television in his living room, waiting for the football match between South Korea and Greece.  Even with the excitement of World Cup, his mind was a bit clouded with the contract renewal matter.  They all are.  All 5 of them are wary about their future, not only their personal hereafter in the entertainment industry but most importantly the future of their group, SS501. He sighed at the thought.


There weren’t many stars in the sky of Seoul but he still felt calm looking up at the dark sky.  He tried counting the ones that was visible in his sight.  ‘Hana…tul…set…net…tasot…eh, is that really a star?  It is getting brighter and brighter….that can’t be a star.


He wanted to call out to Jung Min but his voice didn’t come out.  He stood there static as the so called star became brighter and bigger every seconds coming towards him.  In his head he knew he shouldn’t stay still but he was too awed to what was happening to demand his body to move away from the impossible setting.


As the star was about a few miles from him, he thought he saw an image of a girl in a gown with yellowish silver glow surrounding her, smiling at him before disappearing in a split second.  He blinked his eyes a few time, confused, overwhelmed and bewildered by the scenario.  For probably 5 minutes, he stood still, frozen.  His mind was having a hard time to process what had just happened.  He slapped his face twice to make sure he wasn’t dreaming and the twinge on his left cheek confirmed him that what he just saw was real. 


“Kyu Jong ah…come inside!  The game is about to start!”


He heard Jung Min’s call but his eyes are still on the sky, scanning them for the same bright star but nothing out of the ordinary could be seen.  Still baffled, he made his way back inside his apartment.


Should I tell Jung Min what just happened?  I don’t think he’ll believe me.  I don’t believe me myself.’ 


--------------------------------------------------------


They are rehearsing for SBS Inkigayo and were waiting for their turn to be on stage when he noticed a face.  A face that he would absolutely remember especially if the face came to him in the most peculiar way like in the form of a glowing star that disappear in midair.  But there was something odd that he couldn’t put things through.  The face he saw last night was of a girl but the one he’s seeing now was a male, working as one of the audio crew.  ‘My eyes and mind are playing with me.  There is no way that is the same person.’ 


“Hyung, what’s wrong?  You have been staring at the audio boy that was in charge of the microphones since he went on stage to take off the mike from f(x).  Do you know him?” asked Hyung Jun who was sitting by his side.


He turned to face Hyung Jun, “Anni…I thought he looked familiar, but I guess I was wrong,” he answered, not wanting to tell him the truth about his experienced from the night before.


When it was their turn to perform, he watched closely as the boy who he presumed was 4 or 5 years younger than him came to his side to help him with the microphone.  Seeing him up close, Kyu Jong was positively certain that the boy has the same face as the face he saw from the glowing girl.  But the boy didn’t give any reaction of knowing him and that made him more curious and doubtful about what he saw.  Putting aside of his curiosity, he focused on the performance and hoping that he could steal some time after the show to meet up with the boy, before they had to head off to their next schedule.


Time passed by and after he changed clothes, he approached the group’s leader, “Hyung, I thought I saw my friend just now.  Could I meet up with him for a while, just to say hi and change numbers before we go to the next schedule?”


“Better make it fast.  I’ll tell the manager to wait for you for a while.”


Getting his green light from Kim Hyun Joong, Kyu Jong quickly made his way to the backstage, hoping he could meet up with the boy.  He asked around and luckily one of the cameramen knew who he was describing about and directed him to the left of the stage.  Thanking the man, he ran towards the direction and eyed the people there before he came to spot the boy going out of the emergency exit. 


Bowing to the workers there, he quickly made his way to the same door where he saw the boy going thru.  Before he managed to open the door, he saw a glow under the small space between the door and the floor.  He slowly opened the door and cautiously poke his head inside and was startled to see the boy has changed into the same girl he saw from the sky only this time around, there are no glow surrounding her and that she now has wings on her back.


The girl smiled at her, and asked him to come in and shut the door.  And that surprised him.  With his eyes he saw the girl only smiling at him but he could hear her words inside his head.  ‘Who is she?  How can I hear her without seeing her opening ?’ he asked himself curiously, his eyes never left the girl as he closed the door behind him.


And again, he heard her voice in his head, ‘Don’t be alarmed Kim Kyu Jong.  I am not a ghost nor am I an angel.  It’s hard to explain.  I’ll be leaving now.  I’m here just to see you and tell you that everything will turn out fine.  Don’t worry too much about the future.  Trust me…I will watch over you.’


And just like that she vanished.  Right in front of him, she was gone.  Poof!  He staggered to the back, trying to get some support but he ended up leaning on the wall and slowly slid down to the floor. 


What just happened?’ he asked himself in disbelieve. 


If it weren’t for the sudden call from his hyung looking for him, he would’ve thought that all that happened was a dream.  Closing his eyes, trying to compose himself, he answered the call and told Hyun Joong that he would be at the back entrance in 5 minutes.  Scanning the area again, he slowly stood up and murmured, “Whatever you are…thank you for watching over me.  Thank you.”  With one last look, he opened the door and left.  



Ideas / Source:


There is none actually...i just wanted to write something mystical and just to boost some good mood on the current issue surrounding the boys.  Especially about the rumours on Kyu Jong and all...remember...they will always be SS501.  No matter what, we have to keep on believing, trust, love and support all 5 of them on their decision.