Sleeping... baby?

Pancakes for Breakfast [one-shot]

Jiyong sighed as he tapped his pen repeatedly on the end of the table. What to write? What to write? He kept thinking those words.

“When the love ends
Should I let go?
I still see your face
That far away look

I remember the days when your smile belonged to me..”


No. No, scratch that. What should the next line be, he wondered. On nights like this, only he was alone at the studio. The only one who continued to work away when everyone else were in their bed, sleeping comfortably. He sighed then looked at the clock beside him.

3:03am.

He glanced across the room, only to see a sleeping Chae Rin on the couch. Her hand was slightly open, half gripping the brown Rilakkumma pencil while the notebook was on the ground. Her left cheek was slightly squished as she laid on her side on the couch. The sight of her, sleeping peacefully brought a smile to Jiyong’s lips.

He breathed in deeply, taking the silence before prickling his ears to listen to her soft, even breathing. Stretching his hands above his head, he twisted his upper body from side to side before standing up and walking over to where his girlfriend lay.

“Chae…” he whispered, a soft smile upon his lips. “Wake up, baby. Let’s take you home.” He said before lightly brushing fallen strands of her hair to the side. He nudged her shoulders softly.

“Chae?” He expected her to at least open an eye, but the only response he got was her crinkling her cute little nose before rolling over to the other side.

He let out a laugh, half frustrated and half amused. She was such like a kid. No.. a cat. He always had to be careful of when and how he was supposed to wake her up.

Deciding that he’d rather not risk his neck and wake up a sleeping Chae Rin, he went back to his work table and gathered his things up, putting them all in his knapsack before packing her stuff in as well.

When he bent down to take the notebook up, he saw words along the edges of the page, as two chibi characters held hands, their legs hanging off the edges of their individual swings. The girl chibi drawing was looking at the boy, her cartoon lips slightly puckering to give the boy’s cheeks a sweet kiss. Above her head, the words: “Don’t ever let go…” could be read.

He smiled. He felt guilty, having had to abandon her every time he went away. Every time he let go of her hand, it seemed to him that time stretches itself automatically.  He stashed the notebook away and sat in front of her. He watched her sleep peacefully for a few minutes before gently picking her up and cradling her into his arms. And like that, they went home.



Chae Rin woke with a familiar feeling surrounding her. Warmth. The sunshine’s rays hit her face as she blinked a few times, getting herself accustomed to the light. She felt strong arms surrounding her waist. Turning her head slightly to the right, she saw a sleeping Jiyong who was still wearing his clothes from yesterday. The last thing she remembered was seeing him, pouting at his notebook, his eyebrows crossed as he struggled to figure out what seemed to be the hardest puzzle in the world. She giggled silently to herself as she continued to draw quietly, not wanting to disturb the leader.

And now, voila!i She suddenly found herself in an all too familiar room. It was his condo – the one place where he sought out refuge and quiet, besides the studio that is. As far as she knew, the only people who knew of the place were right in the bed. She smiled happily, turning around carefully as to not wake up. Bringing her forefinger near his face, she lightly traced the features she knew all too well. The lips that made her melt every time they kissed her, the contagious smile that comes from them.... Leaning in, she pecked them quickly before getting up, ignoring the groan he made when she freed herself from his arms. Taking her hair tie from the bed-side table, a sheet of white caught her attention. It was her notebook, opened on the page she was last on.

“Forever. I promise.” She said, reading the newly formed words above the boy’s figure. She smiled happily. It was always like that. He completed her, completed her day, completed her life as much as she completed his.

Just beside it, she saw his lyrics notebook and flipped to the last page it was written on, lines after lines scratched. She her lips as she tilted her head to think for a moment before writing…

“…
I remember the days when your smile belonged to me..

G: It still belongs to you, only if you’re willing to see
Come take my hand,
I’m still waiting
Open your eyes and only look at me.”


At the end of the page, she drew her signature Rilakkumma before adding the lines



“Oppa, let’s make it a duet. :D
P.S.Pancakes for breakfast~”