Calluses of being stuck

I think I saw love

When I was young, back when my mother used to be with me, I remember her always telling me how one must be capable to understand the state that his opponent is in before he take the shot on him. I know that it's referring to tae kwon do, but just like my mum always did, I always apply it to my day to day life as well, and believe me, it always works. And in the end, as it happens, the opponent's state changes, and everything comes back to being normal. Until then, all you have to do is hold on.

Even then when he hurt me so badly, I held most of it in.Why? Because obviously he has a reason to do all that he's doing to me, and whatever the reason is, I don't know, or I wont bother to find out. Things around will change one day, there will always be a day when he'd finally understand where he was wrong. Until then,I will remain, I wont  follow what he wants me to do, since more than anything else, the biggest problem that he seems to have is being too proud and confident of himself. One day, it will all wear off, and for that, he needs help.He might despise me, I might hate me the same, but it will never be a reason for me to hold any grudge against him, no, not in any way. It will only be a reason for me to offer him  a helping hand, to keep on holding it out for him until he will finally accept it one day.

Its not hate that I have towards him, no, but something completely different that I can't recall. I've been hurt, despised many times, but no other time has ever hurt me how much I'm hurt right now.

And that's when everything HAS to go wrong for me, its as if everything else despises me all the same.

I'm here, walking on the busy sidewalk, talking on the phone to my aunt, trying to explain things out to her why I can't come to her ramyun shop right now. I don't what her problem is that she has a minor capability of understanding things...especially when I'm dying here to try explaining the mere fact that I'm here on the road with absolutely no way of coming home.

"Look..Aunt Mi Ja..." I say, and shift the heavy bag of grocery to my free hand, holding my phone between my cheek and my shoulder. "What I'm saying is I might be late because I'm walking home, WALKING"

"Walking? Why will you be walking? What happened to your boyfriend?" She asks for the third time.

Oh for goodness sake!

"I SAID I left EARLY"

"Why would you-"

But I don't get to hear the rest because since I'm not concentrating on the road, I bump into someone, and my phone fall off my grasp, down onto the floor, breaking into pieces.

Great, just great! Now I have no connection with the outer world...okay, it must be other way around...no connection with the inner world being in the outer world...

Crap! This is just crap!

And just then, I see the treasure bus coming into a halt before the stand.

Gosh! I have to run! Otherwise it will leave me!!

I bend down, and start collecting the broken pieces of my rickety old hand phone, cursing my handbag and grocery which keeps on falling off my hands-

And when I'm halfway done picking up the pieces, I look up-

-and see the bus already leaving me! Crap! Now I have no transportation! The next bus is due to come in another two hours, but I HAVE to get home before it's time for my oppa's medicine-

speaking of which...I have to get to a pharmacy...

I get up on my feet with the pieces of my mobile in my hands, and look around, and luckily, I see a pharmacy, just a few feet away from me. Without wasting anymore time, I proceed walking towards it.

As soon as I'm done purchasing the medicine, I greet the pleasant pharmacist warmly and turn to leave, but that's exactly when I realize it...

It's the beginning of the spring,,,and it has started to rain...

Gosh how unfortunate i AM! It just had to! It just HAD to rain right now!

I let out a long sigh and stand in a corner in front of the pharmacy, avoiding the rain as much as I can...but when it gets heavier, I'm practically dripping wet, and all I want to do now is crying. This is all my fault...all mine. If I didn't doubt about his moods and his singing...if I didn't go around giving them crappy speeches on winning this, he'd have taken me home...but after he did that to me, how can I even wait for him to take me home? He'd hate me even more!

Maybe he is true...i must be crap, I must be a really crappy person that everything goes wrong for me...

I don't care...i'll let them hurt me, I'll let everything go wrong for me...I'm wronged to be frank, and I'm all but useless crap...why even trying to change things from how they are? This is me, suffering my poor, hopeless life...despised by everyone, told off by everyone...what is there left for me to about it other than facing it all? I'll wait...one day, there will be a day for me that things will finally turn out to be how I want to be...but for now...I'll remain....in this hatred,pointless state of my life...I will remain until that one moment when everything will be alright...

And the rain will stop soon...the bus will arrive in two more hours...I can wait! I mean....it's not like I'm dying the next minute!

 

 

One of the many things that Won Bin hates the most, is regretting. That's exactly what he always thought after doing something really bad...what's the point of regretting once it's already done? What's the point of wishing that he never did that when it cannot be undone...?

But weirdly, at this point, even he can't believe why he's doing it, but he's actually IS doing it, he's regretting that...he's regretting that he did that to her. He wont be regretting it if she yelled and cried and told him that he hated him so much...but why didn't she? Why didn't she do all of that to him just as any girl will have done? If she did so just before, he'd be satisfied...but now, he's regretting it, because she's only keeping it all stuck inside her without letting any of it out, and instead of doing what he expected, she acted as if nothing just happened to her, and left him there, speechless.

And, to be frank of how speechless he is, he still can't figure out what he shall do...should he go and find her? should he apologize her? Even the thought of apologizing makes him feel odd...he' the kind of a man who hardly ever do so. But in this case, he's not so sure if he should or not....because every time he remembers what he did to her, everything just starts rushing into his mind, how he met her stuck to her own bicycle, how she fell off his gate and how he felt the urge to save her, and hoe hopeless she looked that day...and how beautiful she looked before him just today...her words, what she just told him before the performance...'think of the happiest moment of your life..and smile..' but does she have any idea that the happiest moment that he remembered that minute has everything to do with...her..?

No...he shall not change his mind about her...no...nothing will change...he wont go looking for her, why will he care for whatever will happen to her? isn't she just another girl in his life? No he wont let anything differ from how they are...they should remain the same, no matter how mch one side of him keep telling him to not to do so.

SO he grip hard onto the wheel and step hard on to the clutch, driving fast through the seoul city ignoring the heavy down pour, with heavy rock music blasting inside the jeep but he doesn't get to drive fast for too long, because the traffic jam in the busy street gets thicker, so he decides to take another route, and slow down the jeep, driving to his left...and that's when his eyes catches a sight which, even surprising him, makes his heart slightly swell.

Pushed into a corner by the heavily pouring rain, but already dripping wet, is Lee Joone, staring into a blank space, her mind completely out of the world. Both her hands are occupied with various grocery bags which all seemed to be heavy, and also something broken and pink, he abruptly notices it, it's her phone.

Seeing the sight which apparently is caused by Won Bin himself, he gets this sudden urge to go and get her...of course he can go and drop her home, which will also give him some more time and a reason to stay away from his own place, but what if she hates it? She hates him, she just said so, and he hates her too, just the same...is that enough of a reason for him to leave an innocent girl dripping in wet, cold spring-time rain as if he can't see her? No...he's a lot more decent than that! What? He's a man...a man who must not ignore a woman at this kind of a situation. This is not for any other reason...he thinks as he reaches over his seat to the back to get the umbrella...this is just for the sake of being a decent man...

 

 

 

I never really liked the rain, it's always devastating. I remember how heavily it rained the day that I hated the most, the moment that i hated the most, and ever since, I don't like the rain, and I hate to be stuck in the rain...but here I am, completely stuck in it, having nowhere to go...this must be all because of me that all the things that I hate keeps happening to me,,,this must be because I'm nothing but a hateful piece of-

wait a minute....how come the rain on me just stopped...?

I'm surprised by the sudden happening, as a man approaches me with an umbrella held over my head, and he smiles the smile that took my heart away back then. How did he find me here...?

"I just thought you might need it..." He says and slowly takes hold of the grocery in my hand as I watch him with surprise. He smiles even brightly.

"How...did you find...me?" I ask, as he slowly takes my hand, giving goosebumps all over me, making me melt inside in an exceptionally weird way, and it somewhat cools down my heart.

"I...just did...come on...let me take you home..." He says, leading me with his hand in mine, my grocery in his other. And I walk alone, ignoring the muddy water slipping into Ha Ra's sandles. I have no other option after all...so why not taking such a kind offer..?

 

 

 

He remains there standing in the very spot, unable to move a limb, watching her with furious eyes as she held hands with another man. His blood starts boiling in his veins, and also his heart skipped a few beats weirdly at the sight before him as he also stood there and from her, from that strange man, his eyes doesn't seem to leave.  Oh how foolish is he to not to think about that! Of course! Just as she's nothing to him, he also, is nothing to her, just why did he even bother to come take her out of the rain!?! he should have left her there, he should have ignored his manly instincts and left her there like he never saw her...why did he make it all through this heavy rain just to see her holding hands with another man? Now he is cursing himself...He hates her, he knows he does. Then why bother? Why will he care? Obviously she doesn't care either. Maybe that's shy she wasn't yelling and crying back then, just because all she cares for is the band, and the money and also the popularity she will get through doing this...it's not for them, it's not for him she's working, but just for herself...

He smacks on his lower lip so hard that he thinks it will bleed and return to his jeep, practically dripping wet himself. He's so stupid to not to see that, so stupid not to think that she has another certain 'oppa' that she can call for help. She doesn't need him, just as much as he doesn't need her.

It's rage, anger which is now completely overtaking him. His hands are shaking hard, in spite of the coldness inside or his outrageous anger, he can't tell, and his ears are being filled with the angry music being played on his radio as he steps hard on the clutch, driving as fast as he can, but when he slows down for the traffic lights, his anger rises even more, because right on his side is a small red car, in which she peacefully sat, smiling broadly to the other man. The other man...he surely has seen him somewhere...but he cares no more...why will he? She's only just nothing to him...just nothing at all...

 

 

 

"Lee Joone..." Hong Gi repeats my name, h=just to assure if he's getting it out right driving calmly through the springs downpour. "What a coincidence! Even I'm a Lee too! I'm Lee Hong Ki" He says in the end, sounding excited. I really do like him, I mean...okay, except for the fact the he and I imprinted (Which he still doesn't know) He really is so sweet, and likes to smile a lot. I really am enjoying his company. After being with a frowny for longer than I should have, being with him is like a rain on a drought.

"Hello, mister Lee Hong Gi, I'm Lee Joone...how do you do?" I ask, sounding lame, to which he answers being as equally as lame. "I'm fine, how about you miss Lee?"

I laugh. I like lame stuff...i lie people who likes my lame stuff as well...

Don't we have every reason to imprint?

"Anyway...miss Lee...a supervisor right?" He asks, sounding rather serious.

"yup...the most tiring job that I've ever known..."

"Really?" He looks at me, and I quickly look away, otherwise my craziness will worsen by seeing him smile.

"yeah....very exhausting" I say, and take a deep breath.

"Why? Our supervisor is enjoying the job a lot...I don't know...that's what she says..."

I smile to myself. "With a vocalist like you...no wonder" I mutter, fearing he will hear me, and luckily, he hasn't.

"Eh?"

"Never mind"

For a moment, we both ride in silence. I watch the road, how beautiful the city looked at night with the city lights glittering in the humidity after the rain...if I have the shutter down right now, I'd be smelling the sweetness of it...but of all the things, the rain...it reminds me...

I rip my eyes away from the shutter and look ahead, not wanting to be reminded of that day, and soon find myself glancing at  Hong Gi now and then, and every time I do, I only see him smile, which somewhat calms me down inside. Before, when I was in Won Bin's jeep, all I saw was his frown, his deadly fast driving and again, only his frown...but Hong Gi, on the contrary, is so calm and content. I like him. Really. After being under the frowny shadow for too long, there's no wonder that I do. Unlike Won Bin, Hong Gi drives a small red car which seems typical, whereas Won bin's jeep is very rich and unusual. Hong gi must be just a small scale student, that must be why he's so calm happy and reserved. Maybe it all depends on the money and popularity they have, I'm not sure, no,I can't tell because I'm in the lowest stage of all,  the stage which has the most affection from both the parties. How can I know?

The ride resumes for nearly twenty more minutes, and for the last ten minutes, we discuss our bands, it's around at eleven o'clock when he finally turn into the alleyway to our house.

"Thanks for the ride, Hong Gi!" I say as he hand over the groceries from his trunk. He smiles. "Sure, anytime. Do you want me to explain to your parents?"

I shake my head, only if i have any..."No, they're not in..My granny and my brother are alright, they know...thank you, again"

He bows me with a broad smile plastered on his pretty face. "Sure....no problem...take care…see you later then.."

I smile and wave as he gets into the drivers seat. "You too..." I say longingly....if only won Bin is like that, I will have loved him without a doubt.

I watch the red car disappearing down the alley as if nothing is as sad as watching him go, and slowly walk into my house, unable to figure out how i shall face him tomorrow.

Won Bin...you're just one hell of a crazy idiot...a crazy idiot to think I'll let you be...

 

 

 

It's past eleven when Won Bin finally parks the jeep in their garage, next to his sisters car, and he climbs down, feeling exhausted in a way that he has never had before. His eyes are teary, and his head is ringing with all that he has gone through throughout the day, and for one single day, he had too many things happening, and now, all of it are rerunning in his head. But now...is his biggest problem; getting past his mum.

The Oh's house hold workers are like machines to work twenty four hours daily, and only except for their brief brakes during occasional shifts, they're always working, which makes it easier for Won Bin to slip in through. So slowly, with the help of his dedicated guard, he goes into his house, and arrives in the massive but sophisticated, glass paneled hallway, and is about to climb up the stairs when he hears a slow hiss. he turns to the direction where it's coming from and sees his older sister peeking out  from her study. "Mum's upstairs...come over here"

And he does.

"So..." His sister asks, handing him a cup of warm coffee. "what was that about?"

He abruptly turns to her. "What was about what?"

She takes a seat in the sofa before him. "The performance tonight...it was rather...cheerful..and different...I liked that..."

He looks down at his mug, and takes a slow slip. If only he can tell her...oh yes he can...

"Well that..."

"Where did you get that atmosphere from? That was really active"

He sighs, and looks up at her. He can speak to her, about anything, and she'd listen, frankly she is the sole person in this house that he can speak to, so he doesn't mind telling her anything which bothers him.

"Noona...I..." He hesitates and she looks at him urgently. "I sensed it just when you came...something's bothering you, isn't that so...?"

He nods and turns to her. "Noona...if-if I call you...crap, and if I say..that I hate you so much..and if i yell at you when you actually tried to do something good for me....what will you do?"

She stares at him silently, and makes a small laugh. "If it was me....I'd give you a good blow"

Won Bin makes a face. "I mean not my noona...if you're another girl..."

She also makes a face. "Well...I..Will yell at you, call you something nasty, hit you with something and cry.....and maybe afterwards, I will never speak to you...is that what's bothering you?"

He shakes his head. "Partly.."

His noona gets closer. "Then what is it..?"

He looks down at his hand, and back at her. "There's...this girl...our supervisor..and she's got this...odd..attitudes..."

"Odd?" she asks, genuinely interested. "How odd?"

He takes a sip of his coffee. "Well she...she's not...a girl with money...and pride...a girl from the suburbs....and she...she has this odd way of having things done in her way...she speaks, and the way she does...it's so convincing that one can't just stop listening to her..."

"Wow...." His sister replies with her eyes widened. "An ideal supervisor"

"That's exactly what they say...and I hate it..because whatever she says bad or wrong...it really turns out to be that way...and whatever she says right..is apparently always right...and i can't take it...so I yelled at her..."

Noona's eyes widens even more. "You didn't like it so you yell at her?"

He nods. "I did...I called her crap, I told her so many nasty things....and the next weird thing she did is...instead of yelling at me, she explained why she's doing it, persuading people like that, she said all that as if she's not a bit hurt...and in the end of that, she smiled..."

'She...did?"

He nods. "Noona, I've yelled at girls...many times..I've hurt them...but I've never felt bad because every time I did, they gave me the same reaction that you said...but Lee Joone she...she made me...regret what i did....she made me want to apologize...how can she do that noona?"

He sounds so hopeless. Even in his ears, he sounds so disgusting.

His noona says nothing for a moment and looks at him. "So...did you apologize?"

He shakes his head. "I was going to...but she went away...with another man..."

His noona smiles at him. "I suppose that's the next problem you have.."

He looks at her straight. "There's nothing of the sort-"

"Is she pretty?"

"yah noona!"

She makes a small laugh and messes up his hair. "You apologize to her, if you feel like you want to....it's up for you to decide...and you must try to bear her, Binnie, everyone's not the same..."

He nods, and finishes up the rest of his coffee.

"That's all?" His noona asks, standing up fro her seat. He nods.

"Good, now off you go....i have other work to do than solving teenage matters..."

And soon, he finds himself safely in his bedroom. His parents have gone to sleep by the time he came up, and now, after a warm shower, he's feeling rather fresh and good...and after the talk with his sister, things seems to be better working in his head. So he slowly walks to his bed and falls into it, with his earpieces playing slow music in his head as he closes hi eyes. and surprising him, even in his sleep, he sees her...."smile..." she says slowly into his face as he watches her. "Hate me...yell at me...but please do smile..."

 

 

 

 

I AM a smart aleck, I seriously am! I mean, who can always come up with smart ideas under regular basis like I do? And here i am, smiling proudly of my doing after  sticking the paper through the narrow opening under the gate. Ain't I just so fabulous? Oh yes i am!

It's another Monday, another typical workday and I'm feeling quit light and cheerful, probably because of my greatest new discovery, and I've found it really comfortable to speak by myself lately, which is so weird, but then again, it's a lot better than going around speaking to those who can't really bare it...

speaking of whom...I'm on my way to the Oh's with a paper folded in my hand neatly, I didn't see the young Mr. Oh for...okay, for a day after the big issue...I wonder if he's still on the go...

I hop off my bicycle like a twelve year old and skip over to the Oh's gate, feeling a bit nervous, praying the god to not to let the creep out...

I reach the gate on my tip toes and when I'm close enough to the high, sophisticated gate, I kneel down and start pushing the paper through the narrow opening-

-his gate is just as stuck up as himself, the opening is just too narrow for the paper to slip through!

Okay, now what's wrong here is NOT my smart plan but his gate, I mean it worked so well with all the other gates!

I gate fully down on my knees, push the fringes of my hair falling on my face behind my ear and start pushing in the paper like a mad woman, uttering nonsense to myself. Now this has to work, it just HAS to-!

"What are you doing?"

Crap! Did he HAVE to come just now!

I bite my lip and look down at my hand working on the paper, finally look up trying to look as pleasant as I can. There he is, with his usual frown and his messy hair fallen over his eyes and his coat in his hand. He's staring down at me as if he's seeing the most disgusting thing on earth.

I smile. "Morning frowny!"

He doesn't smile back but starts walking away just like his usual self, and I proceed to carry on what I was doing.

Curse the paper, crappy paper you-!

"Ah! Crap!" I exclaim harshly as my hand slips into the space under the gate, and I pull it back...

I've succeeded! the paper's in! "Yes!" I hiss and hop up on my feet, feeling as though I'm a kid who just got an A plus on a paper, and that's when I notice it. Won Bin has been standing there all alone...

Oh crap! What the hell did I just do-!

And there he is, staring at me, no...staring down at my hand....

My hand which suddenly becomes so painful...

"Lee Joone you're bleeding" Won bin says, and I look at him surprised by his weirdly calm voice.

"Eh?"

He gestures towards my hand. "You're bleeding"

I lift my hand, and yelp in horror.. "OH! BLOODY BLOODY!!"

"Lee Joone" I hear him say, but I can't bother looking at him- blood! I'm seeing blood pouring OUT of my HAND!

"God! HELP ME!!  I'm bloody-!"

"Lee Joone shut up!"

I look at him, but I'm already feeling faintness. "I hate seeing bleeding I HATE IT! MAKE IT STOP YOU IDIOT!"

I look at my hand and gulp...now don't let it come into your mind...steer clear...you can do it...happy thoughts Lee Joone, happy thoughts....

"Stop it yourself...i'm late" Says Won Bin, and turns away. "Where do you think you're going frowny! Help ME! MAKE IT STOP!"

He pauses and turns around with his usual frown, and he suddenly widens his eyes at my posture.

"Lee Joone..are you nuts?" He says as i stand holding my hand further away from me, with my face turned in the opposite direction with my eyes closed tight. I hate wound, i hate seeing bleeding wounds. It traumatizes me, it brings it all back into me...

"Help me, won bin...I'm scared...make it stop..."

 

 

"Feeling better?" he asks, putting the finishing touches on wrapping a piece of ghost on her hand. It's another Monday morning for him, and he got out of his parents' harsh grasp so easily today, and everything was going just so well until this turned up. He and Lee Joone are sitting on the cement bench few feet away from his house and he just finished up treating her bleeding hand. Finally, he firmly lays it on her lap before looking at her pale face. She looks horrible. After seeing the bleeding hand, all her early-morning content is gone. And for some reason, he's feeling odd...he's feeling as though he doesn't want to look at her pale hopeless and sad face. Just minutes ago, she was smiling. What is it that suddenly made her look like this. She sighs and looks down at her hand which he neatly bandaged using the skills he has learnt at the summer camps that he has been to. She slightly nods, and mutters. "Thank you..." and looks at him with sad eyes. He gulps. Now she has started it only by giving her looks!

He has to get away from her..he has too...

"I'm sorry Won Bin...I didn't mean to bother you..."

He looks ahead, trying to keep his distance from her. "You just ruined another one of my mornings" He says urgently.

She lowers her head, and he slyly glances at her to see a thick lock of hair falling on her face from his lose ponytail. He gulps again and turns away, feeling odd. He doesn't like it, the odd feeling of weird hate that he has towards her. No matter what she does, it only makes him despise her even more. And even now...

"I'm sorry..i didn't mean to, it's just..." She looks up, and sigh..."It's-it's a...childhood thing...I have...a serious case of  traumatophobia...."

Won Bin widens his eyes and stare at her, disbelievingly. Then that's why she just acted that so? Because she has...whatever it is...he really can't understand what it means-

"I'm scared...of wounds...bleeding...it just...I can't explain what it is...it-it reminds me..."

He looks at her now fully, ignoring the weird sensation in his mind, and see her eyes focused on something far away. He purses his lips. He wants to get away from her...he must get away from her before he hate her even more...

"Reminds you of what?" he find himself asking, instead of moving away as he has the desire to.

She remains silent for a minute, and smiles....and for a reason that he can't recall, his hate rises with skipping few beats. "You must be late by now....sorry for holding you back..."

He feel a weird sensation, something like disappointment as she slowly gets up on her feet.. He shrug, and shake his head, thinking to himself why he's feeling this way. He can't be feeling this odd...he hate her....he just hate her so much...why will he care if she's leaving him or not?

"I'll leave first...and thanks frowny, that was really helpful...see you after school!"

He nods and gets up on his feet himself. And why is she still being her normal self around him? Didn't he tell her that he hates her that night? Didn't he hurt her so badly? Didn't he ask her to stay away from him?

But as she climbs on her ever loved bicycle leaving him there all alone...he try his best to comprehend her...what is she? And just how is she doing it to him?

But she's too complicated...just too complicated for him to understand...

Which just makes him hate her even more...

 

 

 

 

"Anyone of you have valentines plans?" Jong Hun asks as we sit around the place in the treasure island, stirring our Ramyuns with chopsticks.

"In other words...i have, if that what you mean" Jae Jin adds, and lifts a long lot of the noodle out of his cup.

Jong Hun looks at him urgently. "I want it a holiday"

"Done!" I exclaim with a clap, which made all the guys look at me (Except Won Bin of course). As though i were mad.

I make a face. "Why? I said I made the 14th officially a holiday....any problem?"

Minari shakes his head. "Nope...but...I have no valentine..." He says sadly, which makes Jae Jin and Jong hun laugh. i reach over and pat him on his back. "Don't worry sweety, you will meet your valentine soon..."

He turns completely red like a plum and smiles adorably. "Thanks...noona..."

"How about you...?" Jae Jin asks, and I look around to see who he asked, and notice he's looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"I...I'd probably be spending the black day...as always..." I say, and take a sip of my ramyun. And when i look up, i see that all the eyes are on me.

"What?" I ask with my mouth full, and swallow.

"Black day...? I thought you had a valentine..." Jae Jin says curiously. I shake my head and make a small laugh. "Seriously? You thought I did?"

Jae Jin looks around for support. "We all thought that you did..." Minari contributes with a nod. I laugh even harder. "Ah! Just what made you think like that?"

Jae Jin looks at me as if I am making a mistake myself. "Why..? the....oppa...you called to that day...?"

I stop laughing and look around to see all of them staring at me. Even mister frowny has his eyes on me, his hands paused on his fret board. It takes me long to remember the call I got from my oppa that day on the perfect moment, and how they stared at me with wonder. But then again...what's the point of faking it just as I had it planned? I decide to clear out the misunderstanding.

I smile broadly and drop my chopsticks into the cup. "That call....it was my oppa, as in my older brother silly! I have no boyfriend! Plus, why would anyone bother to be my boyfriend? really!" I say, half laughing. Seriously! These people gets convinced so easily!

"Why repeating what's obvious?" I hear Won Bin's voice say after a long time. All the guys look at him like robots. I make a face. Gosh! This guy is just full of it!

"Yeah, right...like anyone would bother to be your girlfriend!"

The room becomes silent, and Jong Hun clears his throat as I look at him questioningly.

"What?"

He looks at me directly. "Won Bin already has one"

My eyes widens as I look at him. "You do?"

Again, i get everyone's attention. I clear my throat and change my tone. "I mean, you do..."

And that reminds me...

"Speaking of which..." I say, and look down into my cup, twirling the cold ramyun like my whole life depends on it. "I met...someone....that night...on the day of the performance..."

I feel all the eyes landing on me like meteors. I must be turning red. And along with that...all the memories of that night rushes into my mind. Him singing on the stage....his smile...his wink...him dropping me home...

"...And we imprinted..." I add, and narrow my shoulders. "I think we're soul mates..."

And there's an unbearable silence in the room. except for Won Bin's tuneless guitar, nothing makes any sound which worries me. Aren't they believing me?

But ripping the silence apart, Jae Jin started to laugh, he's laughing so hard that even minari joins in, eventually making it sound like a musical. By the corner of my eyes, I see Jong Hun trying hard not to laugh. Only Won bin seems unconcerned, about which I'm glad...but why are they laughing?

" What's funny?" I ask, trying to make an annoyed face. "Did i sound like a laughing matter?"

Jae Jin somehow slows down his laughter and waves me off. "No, no...nothing.."

He gulps as if he's trying to swallow down the rest of his laugh and looks straight at me. "So...who's this...Soul mate of yours..."

I purse my lips and look up. "You might now him..."

"We might...?"

I nod, letting the memories pour into me. "He also performed that night...and gosh! after yours, it was the best! His voice...his charisma...his smile..."

I look around at the others for any kind of reaction, Except for Won Bin's blank face, every other holds some sort of an expression. Minari, troubled. Jong Hun, unbelieving and Jae Jin, the biggest poker face of all after Won Bin, is staring at me with the most unreadable expression ever.

"Ah~" He says finally. "Imprinting...soul mates...I get it.."

I raise my eyebrow, wondering what he rally understood.

"So..who is it?" He asks again.

"Oh! yes...he..." I say and lean back in the sofa. "The vocals of the FT TRIPLE...remember...?"

Jae Jin widen his eyes. "Noona! I think i saw you imprinting!"

"Eh?"

Jae Jin suddenly looks animate. "That guy! I saw you staring at him that day ! I saw you imprinting!"

I smile. "Oh...well..." the blood in my face starts to boil crazily. he has seen it..oh how pathetic must have I looked!

 

 

After a small practice session of individual skills and some more of completely pointless discussions, we decide to call it a day. It was a typical boring day after all...except for the part where Won bin helped me...

And the moment he did...how he held my hand...even the memory starts giving me this tingly feeling in me, it makes my heart stop a few beats...and i wonder, how come it is only in the morning, before school, that I get to see his calm, soft side? I've noticed it, only in the mornings, he doesn't mind accepting me...whereas after then, he looks completely on the contrary...he's such a complicated character, so complicated that my little mind can't comprehend him, that i can't grasp him even if I want to...and I'm wondering, whoever who has taken his heart...does she understand him? Is she capable of grasping, decoding him? Or is it that i'm the only one who can't...?

With all these thoughts flooding my mind, I arrive before my house, and come to the very spot where I waved Hong Gi good bye that night, the very spot where I held hands with Won bin earlier...but I still can't figure out what means the most to me. is it Hong Gi's heart filling smile? Or Won Bin's heartless grasp...I'm not sure anymore...

I sigh, keeping it aside for me to think about at night, and take off my shoes to enter the house. As soon as I'm in...i find it empty and dark. suddenly my heart beat starts to rise. the last time when I found the house this way...

Without wasting anymore time, I throw away my stuff and run towards my oppas room. I rush into it, push open its door as abruptly as I can, and gasp.

It's empty..my brother's bed...it's empty, just like it was the last time..

My mind suddenly starts running around, unable to figure out what i shall do...oppa..has he...has he..got it again? But...how...

I run out of his room straight into the kitchen where I find my aunt sitting in a lonely corner doing absolutely nothing at all. I approach her in quick steps.

 

"Where is he?" I ask breathlessly. ""Mi ja, where is my oppa?

 

She looks at me with her eyes filled with worry. At the sight, my heart starts to swell with fear, fearing the answer I might get.

fearing it might be what I expect...and just as always, she answers...my assumptions are never wrong...

"He got it again lee joone...your oppa got sick again...."