III.

He Takes me High

 

 

III.

__________________________________________________

 

 
 

 

"Finally, it’s Friday, the end of the week! I'd be hanging out with Jongin." I enthusiastically said to myself as I got up from bed for some breakfast.

 

As I travel down the stairs, the smell of blueberries and waffles has filled the hall. I felt my tummy grumble so I skipped over to the dining room.

 

It was surprising and unusual to have no maids around the house. “Ahjumma?” I called out as I walk slowly to the dining hall. But nobody was responding.  It was weird to have nobody wake me up, nobody to assist me to breakfast or to the bath. Something’s not right. “Y-yah! Ahjumma! D-don’t try to scare me!” I trembled as I uttered those words. Yet, there was no response.

 

Were they kidnapped?

 

Killed?

 

Am I next?

 

 

I started to imagine of the unthinkable and even the impossible events. Beads of cold sweat trickled down my cheeks, my hands started to shake. “N-no. No no no!” I squeezed my eyes shut, convincing myself  as I chanted a short prayer.

 

“I don’t know if I’m going to laugh or I’m going to worry. You’re being crazy, Luhan." A familiar voice whined. It was years since I last heard this voice. I lifted my head up abruptly and before my eyes, stands my best friend’s half brother.

 

“Chanyeol!” I ran to him and hit him playfully a couple of times. I was totally scared!

 

He smiled like he used to when we were kids. His left eye still twitches when he smiles. “Hush. You’re not getting murdered, silly.”

 

I hugged him tightly, even my physique’s of a small brunette. I just can’t help but embrace him in my arms. It’s been so long.

 

“Yah! Don’t be too scared!” Chanyeol utters.

 

“I’m not.” I managed to mumble as I felt tears well up my eyes. 

 

He chuckles as a response and hugged me back, finally. “I know you just missed me.” He jokingly said. “That’s why you’re the first person I went to after I got here.”

 

“Don’t joke around!” I giggled as I pull away, holding my tears.

 

“Mmm~ Try phoning Jongin. He doesn’t know.” He grinned at me. “Oh, wait. I bought some blueberry waffles for breakfast.” He quickly walked to the kitchen and came out holding plates and glasses. I proceeded to help him.

 

“Where are the maids, by the way? I was totally scared!” I asked, putting down the glasses on the table.

 

“Well, I told them not to do anything for the morning. I wanted to surprise you.” He smiled, opening the box of waffles. “I’m hungry!”

 

We both sat down, opposite of each other.

 

Chanyeol started to eat. I closed my eyes as I inhaled the fruity scent of blueberries and cream. Uncontrollably, I felt my lips curve into a smile.

 

“You didn’t forget.” I told him with a neutral tone of voice. I was trying to hold back my tears. I am just very happy that he came back. And he remembers my favorite. He remembers me.

 

He stopped chewing and put down his fork. He kept silent for a few seconds.

 

“I have stayed in Paris for years. Just to forget you, Luhan. But I realized I can’t. I’m coming back.” The happy smile on his face died. What is he talking about?

 

“F-forget me? I thought you wanted to study there. That’s why you left, isn’t it?” I paused. I can’t understand a thing. “I don’t get it. What are you even saying?”

 

He sighed heavily as he closed his hands tightly together. “I wanted to study there but it’s not the whole reason. There are many things you don’t know, Hannie. And you don’t need to know.”

 

“I need to know, Yeollie. What is this?” I took his hands and squeezed it tight. “Please.”

 

“How could I forget you, Luhan. You’re the most important person to me.” he uttered, his eyes staring deeply at mine.

 

What is this exactly? I couldn’t comprehend what is happening. My mind is a mess right now and I can’t think straight. What do you mean Chanyeol? Is this some kind of joke?

 

I didn’t respond so he took it as a signal to go on. “I needed to forget you because Jongin..”

 

It has become even more tangled in my head. Jongin? What about him?

 

“You know what, Luhan. It’s been years since this happened. Let’s forget about it. Jongin would want to forget about it too. I am certain.” He smiled faintly at me and continued to eat, not even looking at me after that.

 

“I don’t understand you. I want to know right now. I need to!” I shouted, my feelings uncontrollable anymore. “I need to know, Chanyeol! I need to understand you! You have left for 5 years, Yeollie. You didn’t even phone me up. You didn’t even..” A tear fell from my eyes even if I was holding it in. This is bad, Luhan. Why are you crying?

“You didn’t even allow me to bid you goodbye. You left without telling me. I feel so unimportant to you!” More tears trickled down my face and I became I crying mess in front of him. “… I missed you.” I whispered, digging my face down my hands.

 

My hands were forced away and the next thing I knew was that a pair of lips has met mine. My time stopped. Everything came into a halt. What is happening? What is this?

 

He pulled away after seconds and I can’t move a single bit. What was that feeling? Soon, realization struck me.

 

I softly touched my lips as I lifted my head up to look at Chanyeol standing before me. “K-kiss?”  I mumbled to myself.

 

I stood up abruptly and I felt my body move on it’s own. My legs hurriedy ran out of the dining hall and took me to my room. And there, I wept. I didn’t know what was happening and why I am feeling this way.

 

I checked my watch and it’s about time I take a bath. I went on and drowned myself in the water. Maybe relaxing would help me connect everything. I stayed in the tub, remembering the things he told me. I can’t put them together. I just can’t.

 

As soon as I finished, I wore my uniform and took my bag with me. I decided to say sorry to Chanyeol. I don’t know why but I think it’s the best thing to do for now. I kept digging in and sticking my nose in things I don’t need to know. I was acting like a child.

 

I went down and walked to the kitchen.

 

“Master, the car is already outside. Let me help you with your things.” A maid walked to me and took my bag.

 

“Where is he?” I asked.

 

“Do you mean Chanyeol, young master? He has left minutes ago.”

 

“Ah.” So he left. I sighed as I went outside.

 

I didn’t feel like going to school, really. I don’t want to work and I don’t want to see people. Not even Jongin. I dug my face into my hands as I think about it. I think I’ll just stay with the clover fields today. I touched my lips and I can still feel his warm kiss. I wonder what this means, Chanyeol..

 

 

 

[A/N]

 

A bit of Chanyeol x Luhan. I don't know what the pairing is called. LuYeol? ChanLu? ChanHan? HanYeol? 

But you get me 'aite. 

Am I doing this right or.

Anyway, enjoy! *u*