Chapter 2 : Kevin Woo; The Forbidden Love

7th Man, Faith or Fate?

Kim Eunhee’s POV

1907

Woo Sunghyun, better known as Kevin Woo, was the first man to steal my heart. He was a very gentle man if you get to know him.

He had that ‘bad boy’ impression but when he falls in love, his heart just melts like ice cream.

He was shy to approach me at first, but you know, shy guys are so attractive. Finally, he got the courage to court me, and soon enough, we became a couple.

Though he was shy, you can see his sweet sincerity through how he cared for me.

We held dates often, and he would pick me up from my house then bring me to events he planned. Right after every date, he sends me home to make sure I’m home alright, safe and sound. No harm happened.

Four years passed, he introduced me to his family...

“You ready?” asked Kevin.

“I sure am! Do you think they’ll like me?” asked I.

“Of course! They don’t bite. Keke.” said Kevin.

We arrived to their house and his siblings greeted me warmly.

“Deanna-noona, Hyuna, this is Eunhee, my girlfriend!” said Kevin, ecstatically.

“Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Eunhee.” said I, as I bowed to them.

“Hello Eunhee! Wow! Nice to meet you, finally! Kevin didn’t lie a single bit about you! You’re pretty and very polite! By the way, I’m Deanna” said Deanna-eonni, offering her hand for me to shake. I took her hand and made a handshake.

“Hello eonni! You’re so pretty! I’m Hyuna.” Kevin’s adorable dongsaeng said as she hugged me.

“Waaah, Oppa! You’re great! Eonni’s really pretty, serious!” Hyuna added.

“Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I presume I’ll get along with you in no time! Kekeke.” said I.

I was so touched during these introductions and meetings until I finally met his parents...

“Hello! Eunhee, right?” said Mrs. Woo, with Mr. Woo beside her.

“Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Woo!” said I, cheerfully.

“Hello. It was nice meeting you, finally!” said Mrs. Woo.

She seems nice, I’m not sure about Mr. Woo. We sat down the couch and he still isn’t talking.

While Mrs. Woo, Kevin and I were chitchatting, suddenly...

“Kevin, we need to talk.” said Mr. Woo, standing up. So that leaves me to talk to Mrs. Woo. Anyway, she’s nice.






Kevin Woo’s POV


Eunhee and I were talking to mom when suddenly Dad wants to talk to me in private. We entered the guest room and talked.

“What is it, Dad?” asked I.

“That girl, you didn’t forget our talk, did you?” asked Dad.

“Well Dad, Can you let me just this once?” asked I.

“What’s the meaning of this?” said Dad.

“I didn’t know what love was until I met her. I never felt this way before. This happiness I believe they call love.” explained I.

“But still. I thought we settled this the last time?” said Dad, slightly raising his voice.

“So you’re depriving me of love, is that what you’re saying?” said I, tears about to fall down my cheeks.

“You are not marrying that girl unless you prove to me she has Chinese blood!” said Dad, almost yelling.

“But Dad, can’t you see I love her? I don’t understand what does being Chinese have to do with it.”


“You are not marrying that girl and that’s final!” yelled Dad.

“I’m marrying her no matter what!” said I, almost yelling.

“Woo Sunghyun, the moment you marry that girl, you are not part of this family anymore!” yelled Dad, leaving the room and banging the door.

I was left speechless by what my Dad just said. As far as I know, I have been a good son to this family, doing my best to bring honor to this family. Just this once they can’t even give me a choice to do what I want.

Few minutes later, I also left the room. I saw everyone seemed happy and Dad was nowhere. I had to force a smile to keep the great ambiance and mood.

Evening was fast approaching and I have to send Eunhee back home. She said her goodbyes to my family, excluding Dad, because he was nowhere to be found.





Kim Eunhee’s POV


“Thank you, Kevin!” said I.

“No problem, dear!” said Kevin.

“I guess I’ll see you next time? Be safe on the way home!” said I.

“Okay. I’ll see you go in before I leave.”

“Okay, bye!”

He was watching me as I go in. I can see him smile sweetly but I can somehow see sadness in his eyes.
Well, anyway, this was a pretty good day. I got to hang out with his family, well except for Mr. Woo. I wasn’t able to see him again after Kevin and him had a talk. Anyway, I found out a lot of things about Kevin and his family. It was my first time hearing they had a Chinese heritage, which gets me curious.

Few days passed and Kevin wasn’t contacting me. Not a single text message nor a single call. Maybe he’s busy or something.

I wasn’t in the mood to eat something so I just watched some TV shows that were currently airing.
Suddenly, my phone was ringing. I thought it might be Kevin.

When I looked to see who’s calling, it was Deanna-eonni, Kevin’s sister. I was surprised but I answered the call anyway.

“Hello?” said I.

“Eunhee!” yelled Deanna.

“What is it, Eonni?!” said I, alarmed.

“Kevin! Kevin is...” said Deanna, until she began to sob.

“What?! What happened to Kevin?!” 

Deanna wasn’t able to speak since she began to cry harder.

“Eonni! Stay right there! You’re home, right?” said I, still alarmed.

“Yes...” said she, still crying.

“I’ll be right over!” said I, as I grabbed my bag and got out of my house.

I took a cab to the Woo’s residence. I was hurrying the cab driver until a heavy traffic faced us. I was worried enough to wait any longer for this traffic to be decongested. I paid the cab fare and ran to their house. It wasn’t that far anyway.

When I reached the street where their house is standing, I saw a car from a known funeral parlor in this country parked right in front of their house.

“Oh my gosh. It can’t be. No, no. It can’t be. IT CAN’T BE!” was all I can shout from what I saw.

I ran to their house as fast as I could and entered their house without cautions.

I entered their house and found a casket. I realized there was a wake. I thought...

“No, it can’t be Kevin. No, no. Kevin’s too young for that kind of things. No.”
I looked at the chairs near the casket and found a Mrs. Woo with eyes you can conclude that were crying hard. 

I’m still shocked at what I’m currently seeing. Deanna-eonni approached me, sobbing. 

“Eunhee, I’m so sorry, but you have to look at the person in the casket.”

I was beginning to shake as I approached the casket. I saw Kevin, peacefully laid on the casket. Like a sleeping angel. How heavenly he may have looked, before I knew it, tears began to run down my cheek.

As I realized this whole event was Kevin’s wake, my legs weakened and I slumped on the floor. I began to sob hard.

Hyeona approached me, caressing my back while crying. She let me stand up and sit on the chair beside Mrs. Woo.

“Eunhee, I’m so sorry that my son left you this early.” said Mrs. Woo, also sobbing.
At the moment, I could not speak of anything, I just stared on that casket Kevin was lying down on. Millions of thought ran on my mind. Why did he left? What’s the cause of his death? How about his plans? How about me? How about us? How about our future? How about our dreams? Of all these thoughts, all I can do is cry harder than ever.

I stayed on their house for the entire duration of Kevin’s wake, thinking I should be with him until he really is gone, and also to help his family in this shortcoming. Our shortcoming, I should say.

’The last day of the wake came and soon enough, it will be his funeral. I cant cry hard enough. I had no more tears left to release from these exhausted eyes of mine.

After the mass at the church we went to the funeral garden, and laid him to rest. I accompanied his family to their home before I went back to mine.

“Eunhee, thank you very much for all your help, for making my son’s short life worthwhile until this very moment he left us. I hope you’ll still be in contact with us. For making my son’s life extra special, it’s the least thing we could do for you. If you need us, you’re welcome anytime.” said Mrs. Woo.

“You’re welcome, Mrs. Woo. I also thank you for giving me Kevin until he left. I hope you stay strong and continue to live your life to the fullest. I’m sure that’s Kevin’s will for all of us.” said I. 

“I guess so. Stay strong, too. I’m so sorry that Kevin wasn’t able to be your husband. I hope you find the right man for you to spend the rest of your life with.” said Deanna-eonni.

“Thanks, eonni. I better get going now. Stay strong!” said I, forcing to lessen the emotional burden they are currently undergoing through.

I took a cab home, staring by the cab’s window all throughout the time travel. I didn’t even realize I was home until the cab stopped.

I went out of the cab and stared at my house for a while.

“Sigh. What a dramatic life I lead.” was all I can say to myself.

I went inside and grabbed a glass of cold water to drink. After that, I wasn’t in the mood to eat anything. I sat by the couch and turned my television on. Browsing through channels, I can’t find anything interesting to watch as of the moment.

Suddenly, I heard someone on the gate. I peeked through the window, but there was no person at all. I noticed something on the mailbox, though. I went outside and looked at it. It was a letter. It carried no signs of from who is it from.

As I went inside, I examined the envelope. I went back to the couch I was sitting on and opened the envelope. It said...

“My dearest Kim Eunhee,

By the time you are reading this, I might not be in this world anymore. I’m so sorry that I left you without notice nor goodbyes. I’m sorry that I’m being so weak on this, but I can’t disobey my family nor dump you. I found this to be the most acceptable way among my choices. You may be confused about what I’m talking about.

Remember when Dad talked to me when you visited our home? He’s against us and he isn’t allowing us to get married because of your non-existence of Chinese blood. I don’t want to disobey him, and I don’t want to dump you.

Anyway, I hope you continue on your life without me. I hope you find a better man who can protect you no matter what. A man strong enough to defend you no matter what.

Before I end this, I just want to say this. I prefer to kill myself than to never, ever have you for me to spend my life with.

Your (former) boyfriend,
Woo Sunghyun”

After reading this letter, it’s all soaked in tears. Yes, tears from my eyes. I thought my eyes are dry enough to produce any more tears, but this last letter from the man I love made my eyes tear again.

Why, Kevin, why? Why did you have to kill yourself for my sake? Why? I was totally fine with you dumping me and obeying your father as long as you’re still in this world, but you chose to 
kill yourself? WHY, KEVIN? WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO BREAK MY HEART LIKE THIS, WHY?

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE~~~~

So, even though I'm not yet done with chapter 3, I posted this. Mehehe. School , I don't have enough free time to update fics regularly anymore =_=. So before I take my first College Admission Test, I'm posting this for all of you. I would really appreciate it if you can also pray for me. I LOVE YOU, SUBSCRIBERS! 

Though I'm not sure when to update next, since the week after my first College Admission Test is my periodical exams and then followed by another College Admission Test. >< That's why I love you for still being with me though I rarely update ><