I c h i

Wearing a Mask for Two Years

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 “The seating should be same like last term!”

 Jieun gibberish after her killer teacher announced the new seat. ‘Now, I must sit behind Wooyoung. It’s not like that I don’t like him. Well, Wooyoung is very very smart, cute, handsome, and cool guy. I admitted that I had ever loved him. So do the half of the girls in this school. But, it was not for a long time since he SELDOM talked to girls. He is even really cold when talked to girls, include me! Aisssh really. His friends are all guys. I also heard that he has a crush on one of girls in this class, but no one know who is she. Maybe because of those things, the time and my heart let my feelings out of him without me realized…’

“Miss Jieun, what’s the answer?” Mr. Park asked her. “What’s the name of famous jail when France revolution? I saw your mind is not here.”

The whole class stared at her. She gulped but then she hesitantly answered, “Hmmm… Bastille?”

Mr. Park widened his eyes. Jieun just shut off her eyes tightly, afraid that he would scold her.

“You’re right! I wonder how you can answer it correctly when you didn’t put attention.” Mr. Park looked satisfy.

She opened her eyes when she heard it. Then she just grinned while the whole class still staring at her, but now change into amazement.

Wooyoung who sat in front of her, still looked at Jieun in amazement. “Woah, you’re so amazing! You’re really that smart, huh? Since almost all of students keep yawning here. But I wonder if you can beat me up since I got 2nd ranking and you got 5th last semester. Let’s have rivalry then! Who’s better in this semester?” Wooyoung smirked then looked back at the teacher.

Her eyes widened. “Ya! I don’t know you can talk with a girl. You challenged me and just… smirked? Tsk. Okay, let’s see!” she grumbled.

“Miss Jieun, do you really want to study here?” Mr. Park glared at her. She scoffed at Wooyoung. He looked back at Jieun, stuck his tongue out. What?

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

Since Jieun sat behind Wooyoung, she was being used to quarrel with him. But they always chat too. They didn’t know how, but they were so comfortable to share their things. They’re suitable when they talked together. Wooyoung liked to act so smart, though sometimes it turned out to be looked dumb. The thing that Jieun realized that, he is not cold as she thought before. Even he looked dumb sometimes, it’s very funny! She bet she was the first girl in this school who knew this. Then they always went home together by bus since he lived 1 km far away from her house. Until they’re in 3rd grade, their relationship developed so well. They understood everything about each other, like a lovebirds. This is how they became best friend. ^^

 

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

 “Huh! I admit it. You’re smarter than me.” Wooyoung mumbled.

“What? I can’t hear you.” Jieun showed her poker face.

“You. Are. Smarter. Than. Me. Satisfy now?” he pouted.

She giggled. Today is the last day being in 2nd grade. And there was announcement for all of students ranking. She got 1st ranking in her class, then 2nd ranking for the whole class. And Wooyoung got 2nd ranking in the class, then 3rd ranking for the whole class.

“Don’t be upset. Wasn’t it you who challenged me? Actually it really made me study hard to win over you!” She stuck her tongue out.

“Aisssh this chick! Arasseo! Let’s go!” he punched her nose then wrapped his arm on her shoulder. She widened her eyes because of his sudden act. ‘Nooo, he is too close with me! I realized my heart is thumping faster. This is my first time to get so close with a guy.’

“Hey, you two! Just go date! It seems I was watching a comedy-romantic film here~” Junho playfully said. He was in the corridor, too, behind of them.

They turned back their body, and then Jieun blushed. ”Just go to cinema then!” She stuck her tongue out then grabbed Wooyoung’s arm to walk far away from Junho.

“We’re just friend, Junho-ah!” Wooyoung just winked at Junho without Jieun noticed.

She turned around her head, stared at Wooyoung after heard his words. ‘Friend? Just friend? Tsk. He will never understand what the difference of friend and best friend.’ Then Junho giggled because of Wooyung’s wink.

“Why did you suddenly giggle?” Jieun turned around her head fast, glared at Junho suspiciously.

“Ani…” he giggled once again then ran away from them while shouting at Wooyoung. “Wooyoung, kanda!” Junho waved at Wooyung. “Bye!” Wooyoung waved at him, too.

“Hey, chill! I’ll buy a chocolate ice cream for you, okay?” Wooyoung suddenly said and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, again.

“Jinjja? Daebak!” She clapped her hands. Her mood suddenly changed. “Since when you’re being so kind to me?”

“Tsk. I just trying to be not so cold towards girls, since I’ve just had a girlfriend…” his face redden. ‘Did he just blush? Woah he is really cute if I saw him closer. But wait, what I am thinking? I’m not loving him again, right?’ she bit her lower lips nervously.

 

 

*Flashback*

Jieun, Jiyeon, Suzy, and Tiffany were going to go home after joined band competition for representing our school. Great! They got 2nd position! When Suzy and Tiffany went to buy some drinks, Jieun and Jiyeon waited them in the car. Jiyeon suddenly asked Jieun about Wooyoung. Anything about Wooyoung. Then Jiyeon told her many things about Jiyeon’s relationship with Wooyoung. ‘What? He is trying to get Jiyeon’s heart? That ice cold man?’

 

 

The next day in morning… (still in flashback)

When Jieun arrived in school, she saw Wooyoung was in front of the class. She frowned. ‘What is he doing? Why didn’t he just enter the class?’ she tilted her head.

“What are you doing here? Waiting for me?” Jieun set her puppy eyes.

After five seconds in silent, he playfully said, “Mwo? No one who wants to wait for you!” he stuck his tongue out.

“Ya! Ice cold man! How rude you are!” She pouted. But then he didn’t argue her. She looked to where his eyes were staring silently. Jiyeon? She smirked.

“Ice cold man is in love with Jiyeon~” Jieun sang in her own way while walking into her seat.

Wooyoung widened his eyes then covered with both of his hands from behind. “Lower your voice!” he whispered in her ear. His body is so close with her, his chest was stuck on her back. It’s like he was kidnapping her.

“Oh my! This WooU couple is doing lovey dovey even in the early of morning!” most students laughed, but the girls’ gaze like ‘oh-I-wish-it-was-me-who-was-hugged-by-Wooyoung!’

Then they awkwardly stay away from each other, both of them blushed hardly.

When break time, they went to canteen then Wooyoung hesitantly asked her to help him. ‘If I saw his face, I thought he is a romantic person. But he wasn’t. He was very clumsy for love things.’ She giggled. ‘So this is the real Jang Wooyoung? Tsk. But actually I feel better for knowing about him more than anyone. So I helped him and suddenly became a…. postwoman? Really. I was the one who made their relationship go well, until he got Jiyeon as his girlfriend.’

*Flashback end*

 

 

“I’m here! OMG! Did you two really forget me? We’re supposed to go home together! Even you!” Jiyeon pointed at Wooyoung. “Do you forget which one your girlfriend is?” She pouted cutely.

“Aniya, Jiyeon-ah. You’re my girlfriend, of course. Well, who is the person in this world who want to be her boyfriend?” this time, Wooyoung pointed at Jieun.

“Yah, Jang Wooyoung!” she punch his cheek roughly.

“Aww! Don’t you know that it’s really hurt?” he rubbed his cheek. “Gosh. I feel like two girls are fighting for getting me.”

“Ya! Am not I already your girlfriend?” Jiyeon punch his left arm.

“Am I your girlfriend? Do I love you?” Jieun protested while pinching his right arm.

He startled when he heard Jieun’s words. “Arasseo, arasseo. Calm down, girls.” He pouted while rubbing his both arms. “Just let’s buy ice cream! I’ll treat you two!”

“Yeay!” Jieun and Jiyeon cheered in unison.

Jieun smiled widely, without Wooyoung and Jiyeon can notice. ‘Even though he had a girlfriend, we wouldn’t be separated. He needs me, and I need him. We will stay like this forever… right?’

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

Wooyoung knocked the window beside Jieun. She turned her head and looked his face that just five inches far away from her face. Luckily, their face was separated by the window.

“What the hell are you doing?” he woke her up of her daydream.

“Get out of your class! Let’s see our tryout result!”

They were in 3rd grade, but unfortunately they’re not in the same class again. And now, they must study hard because the national exam was held next month. However, their relationship was strong. They were still close although they’re not in the same class again.

“How can you be so noisy like a girl?” Jieun walked out of the class and pouted when Wooyoung suddenly grabbed her hand and dragged her to announcement board. There was a bunch of students who was standing in front of it. Some students sighed deeply yet some students cheered loudly.

1 Lee Jinki

2 Lee Jieun

3 Choi Minho

4 Jang Wooyoung

5 Park Jiyeon

“Yeah, I win!” Jieun cheered loudly while squealing in happiness. “Chukkae, Jieun-ah!” the other guy beside her greeted her. “You win over Wooyung again, huh?” he smiled widely. All of students knew that they were in rivalry, but they were so close to each other too. Their relationship is really unique and famous.

“But I won last week.” He scoffed, seemed didn’t want to lose.

“Yeah, just do our best for national exam! I think, that national exam will be our last rivalry, right?” She turned around her face to Wooyoung.

“Maybe. Who knows?” he shrugged. An idea suddenly popped in his head. “Jieun-ah, how about the winner will get a present from the loser?” he eagerly said.

“Hmm,” she tilted her head. “Okay. If I win, we should go to Lotte World. You should treat me anything for the whole day.” She smiled widely.

“Alright, then. If I win, you should call me oppa for a month.” He smirked.

“Why??” she protested.

“Why what? You were born in 94s and I was in 93s. Is it wrong?” he smirked. “Deal?”

She was in silent for a while, and then she hesitantly nodded. He put his hand out, and she slightly touched his hand and gripped it. “Deal.”

 

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

 

finally! i can update this chapter, fiuuuh~ *wiping sweat*

this story will contain of 2-3 chapters ^^

i hope you like it guys :D