Just the Way She is

Stay Innocent?

 

When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing, just the way you are
And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while
Because girl you're amazing, just the way you are
The way you are, the way you are
Girl you're amazing, just the way you are

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IU’s PoV:

Don’t I look 22? It’s a good new start! I feel like I could do anything,” 

Was it a good idea to write that? Would I get insulted for trying to be older?  I got scolded by manager oppa today for growing up. He told me to embrace my youth. But maybe I don’t want to. Maybe all I want is to find someone that can make my heart flutter and me smile…someone to grow old with. Someone I wouldn’t mind giving up IU for and becoming Lee Ji Eun.

I’ve given up college for music and practically my entire life. But I know that if I ever get the chance at love that I’ll take it. Does that make me naïve?

Even though people told me that I have matured and that I look like older now, I can tell. They don’t want me to grow up and will always only see me as a little kid with too many crushes.

It’s part of the reason why I didn’t really like the cute concept at first. Not only am I awkward but it’s an image that’s forced me to mold into someone that I don’t think that I can be and can pull off once I’m too old. I don’t want my career to start and end with being cute. Music means more to me than that.

Plus, people don’t seem to support the idea of me with guys. It’s so obvious too because when Jiyeon or Suzy get picked as someone’s ideal for the gazillionth time, netizens immediately start commenting about the “new adorable couple”.

But for me… I can’t even have a twitter conversation with Taecyeon and Wooyoung oppa without haters attacking me. Why do I have the worst luck? All girls just seem to naturally hate me. I know Taecyeon oppa’s intentions were good and I’m really thankful that he defended me but he really just emphasized our friendship. We really are just friends.

Wooyoung oppa though… I don’t know what he wants. We worked on Dream High together and we had fun. We ended up working a lot by ourselves cause our scenes didn’t always involve everyone else. But once the drama ended, everyone started freaking out about our two dates. I wish he didn’t tell the entire country that he had paid for both the meals. I know that he was just trying to lighten the mood but he just made me seem like the bad guy. He didn’t even tell me it was supposed to be a date and if he wanted it to be a date I don’t want the entire nation to be watching.

Dates and relationships are supposed to be personal and private. Right?

What if I have some completely insane and wrong definition of love?

I’ll end up alone because nobody will ever learn to love someone as high maintenance when it comes to romance as me. Is it wrong that I want to be wooed? It’s the only time when I honestly hate IU. I wish that I could care less about what the public thinks but I can’t.

I want to go on dates and walks in the park. Have kisses under the stars and dance in the rain.

I want somebody to love me…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooyoung’s PoV:

I woke up with a headache. Now I regretted the drinking contest with Junho. I took a quick shower and was getting dressed when I got a text from Taecyeon hyung.

“Dude, check the news!!!”

“Why? I just woke up. Leave me alone!!!!!”

“Just check. You’ll probably like it…”

“…fine”

I logged onto my laptop and typed in the link hyung sent me. I was surprised to see a familiar face light up the screen. Why was he sending me this? Wasn’t it enough that he had tortured me with her presence at our reunion? But still I couldn’t help but stare. She didn’t look like little Pil Suk anymore. Her hair had grown out and she looked older.

Don’t I look 22? It’s a good new start! I feel like I could do anything,” 

What? Why is she happy she looks older?

Frustrated with my lack of answers, I closed my laptop and threw myself on top of my bed. We had all met up recently for our Dream High reunion. But Ji Eunnie had stuck close to Suzy and hyung. We did talk but never alone.

I hate that she still feels awkward with me. I’ve seen her with Taecyeon hyung and it’s as if they’ve been friends since they were born. But me? I’m just the guy that got her hated by a bunch of fangirls and then took her out on two unofficial dates. I know she was confused by my lack of communication after we finished filming and promoting but what was I supposed to do? She wasn’t interested and I tried to move in as painlessly as possible

…which is why I almost had a heart attack after our short and brief twitter conversation. After saying that we should switch to kakao talk I figured that it was just a polite way of saying “Let’s stop talking now”. But she did message me.

“Am I worthless?”

How could this epitome of perfection even think to consider herself worthless? I didn’t understand how she could find the good in a devil but that beat down on herself. I didn’t need her to tell me that.

Why couldn’t she understand that she didn’t need to change or grow up? She was beautiful just the way she was.