Peach

Stay Innocent?

 

IU’s POV:

I just stared at the computer screen in disappointment. The fans wanted me to stay innocent?

Sigh…

Does that mean I’ll never be able to fall in love?

Is it wrong that I want to?

I’ve finally become an adult and I just want to feel loved.

How long am I stay the little girl with a big voice and a guitar? How long before I would be too old to play that part? And if I try to do something different? Would my fans leave me?

I’m satisfied with the image and the personality I have right now but is it wrong for me to want to experience love. I’m thankful that I’m the “nation’s little sister” but I want a boyfriend. In Na unnie has almost become like a different person and I just want that. She seems so happy. Where’s the person that can make me that happy?

 

I shut down my computer and closed my journal. I checked the clock and saw that it was time to go meet Jiyeon. We had planned to go hang out at a nearby bakery. I sad goodbye to manager oppa and walked towards the little café. I saw Jiyeon sitting near the window signing some things for fans. I waved at her and got some more people’s attention. But the people in the café and the café staff were used to us being there and just treated us like normal people. I said hi to Jiyeon and gave her a quick hug.

“Ji Eun ahhh. I missed you. You only hang out with Suzy now.” I laughed a little at her aegyo.

“That’s cause you’re so busy. You guys are making you’re comeback soon. Plus you have two more members. How many people is that now? Isn’t it as much as SNSD?”

“Humph. They’re good and they’re really nice.”

“But…?”

 She let out a deep sigh. “It just feels weird. Dance practices are harder now. They’re so many people and we’re all bumping into each other.”

“Aww. It’s ok. You guys should just try and get closer to each other. You know? Get comfortable.”

“We’ll try. Anyway how are you? I heard Peach and it was daebak. Heh. My best friend’s so talented.” I smiled a bit.

“Thanks.”

“I mean how did you write it?” My face flushed as I remember my writing process. I hadn’t meant to think of him.

“Were you thinking of Taeyang?”

“What?! No! You know that’s never going to happen. He’s my ideal type, nothing more.”

“Okayy~~ But you know that’s who a lot of fans think you wrote it about.”

“Well I didn’t.”

“Then who did you write it about.”

“Maybe I didn’t think about anyone. Why do I have to think about someone?”

“Because I KNOW you and there is no possible way you would have been able to write that song without thinking of someone.”

I had no reply because it was true. I had been thinking of someone. I hadn’t seen him in so long and he probably had forgotten all about me. He had just recently made his solo debut and was probably super busy. Why would he waste his precious time thinking about plain ol’ me.

Taking my silence for a yes Jiyeon went on.

“Was it…” She looked around in case any fans or reporters were around and whispered. “Wooyoung oppa?” I didn’t know how to reply so I just shushed her.

“Wait. Really?”

I looked down at my hot chocolate in embarrassment.

“Kyaa~~ I always knew milky couple was real.” I threw a piece of bread at her for being stupid.

“I didn’t think of him because I liked him. I only thought about him because we were a couple in Dream High so the experience seemed most real. Anyway it doesn’t matter. It’s not like he cares. The song came out good so I’m happy with it ok?”

“Alrighttt.” Thankfully, Jiyeon didn’t ask anymore and we talked about other things.

 

Wooyoung’s POV:

I was going home after a long day of schedules when manager hyung the radio. At first I was gonna tell him to turn it off because I wanted to sleep but then I heard a familiar voice and just let it play on.