Graduation Party

My Whole Heart

It was Hyoyeon’s graduation party that evening; the weather was cool and breezing. Everyone was dressed in their formal dresses and suits. The restaurant was filled with friends and relatives of the Kim Family. As the musicians continuously play their songs, there were guests that went to the dance floor. Everyone look beautiful and charming.

“Hyoyeon, are you done?” her mother called her.

“Yes, mother,” she answered as her younger sister helped put her necklace around her neck.

“Just look at you two, you both look beautiful,” their mother said.

“Thank you mom,” said the younger sister.

“E-Young, soon you will have your day as well,” her mother said.

“Yes and I can’t wait,” E-young said.

As the three walked out of the dressing room to greet all of their guests, as the MC caught a sight of Kahi and see her giving her a sign, she begins, “Ladies and gentlemen, as you all may know the time has come and let us welcome the Kim family.”

Everyone turns their gazes to the stairs and sees Park Kahi making her way down with her daughter E-Young. Everyone claps at their appearance, once both reached the end of the stairs, the MC begins again, “Now, will we please applause for our graduate Kim Hyoyeon.” Hyoyeon slowly walks down the stairs. Whistles were heard at every direction.

“Look at our beautiful daughter,” he said to his wife. “I know, isn’t she just gorgeous,” she said to him. Hyoyeon finally made her way to the stage after she left the stairs. She stood in front of the podium and begins, “Good evening to you all, every single one of you looks spectacular. First of all, I would like thank you all for being able to be here tonight and celebrating this night with me and my family. I can’t thank you enough. It is very much appreciated and I understand that you are all very busy but still managed to be here. It makes me very teary to see everyone here. Again, this evening is the celebration of my accomplishment at University of Korea. It was a long journey with many obstacles and headaches but with the support of my family I was able to overcome it all. I want to thank my family for everything. Also, my friends who stood by me through college, Yuri I love you.” With that she blew a kiss out to Yuri. “Lastly, but not least, thank you and have a good time tonight,” Hyoyeon said and everyone cheered.

As she made her way down from the stage, Yuri ran and hugs her. “Thank you Yuri for being here,” Hyoyeon said. “Of course,” Yuri replied. “Honey where is your father?” Hyoyeon’s mother asked Yuri.

“He is at work still, there is a lot of patient today,” Yuri said sadly.

“Awww, your father is forever busy,” Kahi said sadly. “I know, I feel like sometimes I don’t ever get to see him,” Yuri said.

“Sweetie, stay strong, it is the commitment of a doctor,” Kahi told her and gave her a tight hug. “Thank you,” Yuri said.

“Look who is finally done with college,” he says as he walks up to them.

“Ay, Jay,” she called out happily. “Hello, E-young, you’re looking very beautiful today,” he told her.

“Finally?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Kidding,” Jay replies and gives her a hug.

“Jay, is your mother here, I haven’t seen her,” Kahi asked.

“Yes, auntie she is, she is with dad,” he answered. With that Kahi left the youngsters. “Hello, Yuri,” he greeted. Yuri greeted back shyly.

“Are you done with school also?” Jay asked.

“I have another semester,” Yuri answered.

“So did you get me a gift?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Indeed, I did,” he said and gave her a small wrapped box. “Thank you,” she said as she accepts it.

“Donghae?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Here you go,” Donghae replies and gives her a wrapped box also.

“Yuri, may I have this dance?” Jay Park asked as he reaches out his hand. “Go Yuri!” Hyoyeon cheered.

Yuri accepts and walks to the dance floor with him hand and hand. “E-young?” Donghae asked. She smiles and hooks her arm to his, “OF course,” E-young said.

“What about me?” Hyoyeon asked jokingly. Both stares at Hyoyeon with a confused look and walks away anyway.

“No fair,” Hyoyeon says with a laugh.

“Yuri, you are looking more beautiful every time I see you,” Jay complimented. Her cheeks quickly turn pink and he smiles. “You look great as always,” Yuri answered back.

When Kahi caught a glimpse of Jay’s mom, she ran towards her. “I looked everywhere for you,” Kahi said. “Hello,” Jiwon laughs. “We need to have some photo taken tonight,” Kahi said. “That’s not a problem,” Ji won replied with a laugh. “Look at those two, that’s all they ever do,” Dongwan says taking a sip of his drink. “I agree,” Junjin said. “Brother!” Kahi called.

“My wife is innocent,” Junjin said.

“What are you saying” Kahi replied back madly.

“Go on,” Dongwan told her.

“Congrats on your daughter’s accomplishment,” Junjin told him.

“Thank you,” Dongwan answered.

“So what is the plan?” Junjin asked.

“I will have her take on my business, there are so many and I am getting old,” Dongwan said.

“Same here, but Jay is still into the party life,” Junjin replied.

“Hyoyeon is complaining that she just finished school and doesn’t want to work yet,” Dongwan answered.

While Hyoyeon placed her gifts at the gift table, someone greeted her from behind. “Hello beautiful.” She recognizes the voice and a big smile appears on her face. “Yunho,” she called and hugs him.  

“I like your reaction,” he said.

“Can I have this dance?” he asked. She nods and both left to the dance floor.

“Look at our kids grown up to be,” Junjin said.

“I agree, all in their own world and finding their love ones,” Dongwan answered.

“There you two are,” someone called out. They turned to look and it was one of their good friend Minwoo; Donghae’s father.

“Where have you been?” Dongwan asked.

“There was a guest who was interested in becoming a hotelier, I was just giving him some tips,” Minwoo said.

“I see, your businesses are doing well,” Dongwan said as he took a sip of his drink.

“It is getting there,” Minwoo replied.

“Hyo, you look beautiful tonight,” Yunho said. “Thank you, I appreciate you being here tonight,” she told him.

“I couldn’t miss it, have to be here,” he replied.

“I was just kidding,” she told him. “But I wasn’t, I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” Yunho replied with a smile.

“I see, Hyoyeon is seeing someone,” Jay asked Yuri.

“Someone, you know him,” Yuri answered. “I was just joking but those two are pretty close,” Jay replied.

“Yes, I agree but I believe they’re only friends,” Yuri told him.

“Friends will come to more than that,” he laughs.

“E-young, I haven’t seen you for a while now, how are you?” Donghae asked.

“I have been well but just very busy with school,” E-young answered. “School is complicated?” Donghae asked. “It is but I have help,” she tells him.

While the parents watch their children on the dance floor, it reminded them the days when they were still young. Soon, after they had cakes and the party ended.