The Story Only I Didn't Know

Like Being Hit By A Bullet (Sequel To Take Care of My Boyfriend)

Song: IU's The Story Only I Didn't Know

 

"Gege, are you sure we should be here?" Tao was the one to question him this time, as he followed Exo-M's leader into Carpe Noctem.
 
They'd been at the dorm, discussing how Minah had seemed the night before, when Kris suddenly suggested they go check on her.
And, Tao had agreed to come, because of his increasing worry for the woman he considered an older sister.
 
Kris paid no attention to the younger boy, as he looked around the club for Minah.
He didn't see her anywhere around, so instead opted to pull Tao down in a booth.
 
Zitao could see that his friend was clearly really riled up. He must be very worried about Minah. The younger thought, as Kris ordered them a round of shots.
 
It didn't take much to realize that Kris had immediately regretted breaking up with her for Krystal.
Sure, Jung Soojung was gorgeous and talented. But, she had an attitude and was a bit of a diva, and not in the likeable way.
Tao perferred Minah. In fact, all of Exo did. Kris' cheating had brought about many heated arguments with his group mates, on the fairness on Minah's part.
 
Choi Minah was a kind girl. Caring, considerate, helpful, talented, and easy on the eyes.
Also, Minah was never even half as clingy as Krystal had become. It was ironic, that Krystal was always so jealous, and clingy, and worried that someone would steal her 'boyfriend', when it was her that had stolen him from another woman. A much more deserving woman.
 
He watched Kris swallow a shot of soju in one go, as he glanced around the nightclub.
With a shake of his head, he too finished a shot, before telling his groupmate to calm down.
 
Several meters away from them the stage lit up, and everyone turned anticipating the performance.
The woman in question plucked the mic from the stand, and addressed the crowd, welcoming everyone to the club and introducing the band.
She was dressed in a classic and simple white dress, and a pink blazer. Beautiful as always.
 
When Minah opened to sing, the guilt hit him instantly. He knew the song. A story only I didn't know.
He frowned and looked to Kris, who looked equally, if not more guilty.
Tao realized that he too, along with the other Exo members where a part of all of this as well.
Because they'd known of Kris' cheating, yet they'd held their tongues. They'd known, and no one had told her anything.
 
You really forgot everything 
When I see your welcoming face
Then I started feeling vaguely hurt
A wound that can’t heal itself
My tears wouldn’t flow
Breaking up wasn’t even a big deal
Because it’s worthless
 
Tao felt like a complete . He'd known and he hadn't told her. This woman he considered a sister, that he invisioned Kris one day marrying, had been cheated by the person she loved most; and he'd known and he hadn't said a word. None of them had.
 
 
There’s no such thing as a good breakup in the world
If I knew, I would have cried it all out then
By then you were done with me
A story only I didn’t know
 
Tao looked to the leader as Minah sang. Watched the look that crossed his face. Pain. But, he deserved it.
The younger turned his attention to her, watching her teary eyes as she performed. And, he hated himself as the next verse left her lips.
He was sure if he was feeling so guilty, Kris must be feeling it tenfold.
 
It wasn’t love
It was just time spent next to you
Now I think I know what it feels to be vaguely hurt
Why you had to be sorry?
Maybe I was too excited
You anitcipated the moment you would leave
How amusing was it for you?
 
Kris looked away from the stage, as Tao watched him wipe the smallest of tears from his eyes.
He couldn't help but feel he deserved it. He knew his Ge still felt for her deeply, but he didn't deserve the woman before them.
 
There’s no such thing as a good breakup in the world
If I knew I would have cried it all out then
By then you were done with me
A story only I didn’t know
 
When her performance ended, she bowed as the club erupted with applause, and as she left the stage a young man gave her a bouquet of flowers.
An array of roses and different flowers that Tao couldn't name. In colors of pink and white flowers, that matched her attire well.
Minah excepted them with the smallest of smiles, and thanked him before departing for her dressing room.
But, the smile was so fake it'd nearly broken Kris' heart as he watched. He lowered his head in shame, before downing another shot.
 
Tao looked at his friend with a frown, "Dui bu qi, Ge." he told him, rubbing the other's shoulder in comfort.
He needed it, because he was hurting too, Tao knew.
After a few more shots, he decided it was time they go. Minah had probably left, and they should leave before Kris got too drunk.
"Ge, let's go home." he said, helping the depressed man out of the booth.
Kris only nodded, feeling too defeated to argue. Even though a few more drinks would ease the pain for a while, he knew it was only temporary and that when the buzz went away all the pain would come back, along with a raging migraine.
 
When they piled into a taxi, Tao suggested they return the next evening to check on her again. Kris could only agree quietly.
Because both of them were worried for her.
---
So, there's chapter two. I'm going to start on three.
I've decided this story is going to be about a series of nights, that Kris goes to watch Minah perform, building up to the 5th night where Kris attempts to reconcile with her.
But, this one isn't going to be a happy ending everyone. I'm sorry~
But, Don't worry, Kris and Minah will get a happy ending in the fourth and final story,
which will be a oneshot. Yaay?
 
Thank you for reading. Please comment and subscribe if you like it!! :D