Kwanghee, What's Love? (Oneshot)

Kwanghee, What's Love?
Please log in to read the full chapter
B.U.B.U (Break Up Back Up) - San E feat. Junsu of 2PM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2yyIxkYdUg)       Your P.O.V:     A loud ring filled the hallways of Kangwon High. The school bell signaled that it was time for class once again.    Students formed a large crowd, trying to move from one class to another. And where was I?   I was smack in the middle of the crowd. Not a good place to be, I know.   I winced as a girl passing by me stepped on my foot. If she stepped on it on purpose or by accident, I would never know.   But as soon as the crowd started to slowly disperse, the same girl laughed and high-fived a couple of boys who shoved me.   In a nanosecond, both my books and I fell to the floor. I sighed and readjusted my glasses.   “LOSER! Haha, go to hell, you nerd!” One of the boys yelled.   “Don’t even look at her, her ugliness might be contagious!” A queenka snorted as she and her posse walked into class. Their high heels clicked across the floor sickeningly.   After a few more giggles and hate comments, I was alone in the hallways. I couldn’t believe that there was no one at least 10% decent enough to ask me if I was alright.   Then again, they were all snobs and insecure.   I quickly picked up my books, dusted off my long skirt, and took my time to history class. Hey, even if I was a nerd and a geek, it didn’t mean that I had to actually like school, right?   In the end, I got scolded by my history teacher. As usual, kids threw paper balls at me, intentionally tripped me, and made sarcastic comments directed at me. Yup, it was just another regular history class in a regular school.   After many hellish classes, the bell rang for the second time, signaling lunch. I walked over to my locker and checked my timetable. Science class was up next.   “Oh joy.” I muttered as I grabbed my lunch and walked to my secret haven. It was a place I always ate my lunch at, a place where there was peace and quiet. I walked to the place, and passed by the school’s plaque.   Kangwon High School, it read in big fancy gold letters. I rolled my eyes at the sign.   Kangwon High. Girls’ Heaven, and my personal hell.   You see, we had a lot of boys in our school. Not to mention very good looking pretty boys. They went by the name “ZE:A”, or “Children of Empire”. It was a pretty stupid name, I admit.   I didn’t hate ZE:A overall, but just one guy in particular. His name? Hwang Kwanghee. Why? Let’s just say that he was the reason why I was treated this way by my peers. I grimaced at the mere thought of his name.   I was never interested in guys whatsoever, and I vowed to keep it that way. However, there was one guy I was interested in. It was the boy that had helped me that day…   I shook that thought out of my head and I finally reached my destination. The sun shone as I sat underneath a nearby tree and smiled.   I started to eat my kimbap when my cell phone rang. I looked at the top screen, and I was delighted to see my best friend’s name, Kim Kibum – better known as Key – as the caller ID.   I quickly pressed call as Key’s face lit up the screen. It was a video call. “Kibum-ahhh!” I waved happily to him as I shoved another kimbap into my mouth.   “______-ahhh!” He called back, smiling. “Aigoo. You’re eating kimbap again? You have that almost every day for lunch!” Key shook his head in protest, “You poor thing.”   “You should know me by now! Everyday is the same. Kimbap for lunch, cereal for breakfast, ramyun for dinner.” I said, sighing. “You’ll get fat if you keep eating ramyun!” Key lightly scolded. I giggled and patted my flat stomach. “I don’t have any fat~” I sang.   “I should hurry up and visit you soon! I’ll make you some of my almighty dwaenjang chigae with rice!” Key winked. I thought about the yummy soup dreamily. “Hurry up and visit!” I urged.   He nodded. “I will. Everyone misses you here! Especially me! You shouldn’t have moved away.” He whined. I pouted, “I miss everyone too. I’ve been living here ever since I ran away from him. Tell Taemin and the others that I said hi!” I reminded. He smiled, “Okay.”   “KYAAAA! ZE:A OPPAS!!!”   I rolled my eyes and heaved a big sigh. “I have to go, Kibummie. The girls are at it again.” I frowned at my bestie. Key pumped his fist, “Don’t let those jerks bring you down, _______! Kill that Kwanghee guy and those stupid fangirls! FIGHT THE POWER!” He cheered.   I smiled, waved, and ended the call. Lunchtime was the only time I was happy because Kibum always called to check on me. Without him, every school day would be absolute torture.
  I stood up from the grass and threw my lunch’s container away in the trash. Putting my hands in my pockets, I set off for science.   Ladies - Nine Muses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrg2NDAeQ0)       My body completely froze like stone. I couldn’t believe what was happening. Me? Be partnered up with the devil?! Yeah right, over my dead body.   It was science class, and the infamous ZE:A just had to be in the same class as me. What made it worse was that we were to do a science project in partners, and guess who was my partner?   You guessed it. Kwanghee.   Kwanghee was grinning at me, and I was staring back at him in disbelief. He smirked at my actions, probably thinking that I was another one of his fangirls and I was too ‘honoured’ to have him as my partner for a mere project.   Girls glared daggers at me, and the other ZE:A boys just had ‘amusement’ written all over their faces. I quickly snapped out of my daze and came to my senses.   “Teacher!” I called, “Why do I have to be paired up with this… thing?!” I demanded, earning shocked expressions from everyone else.   “EXCUSE ME?!” Kwanghee shouted, obviously offended by my words. Hey, he deserved it whether he was a pretty boy or not. The teacher just replied, “Deal with it, _______!”   I frowned in distaste. He was not going to be my partner. That was one thing I was certain of. “Guess there’s someone that finally hates you, Kwanghee hyung!” A ZE:A member whispered over to Kwanghee. I think his name was Taehyun or Taehoon or something like that. Oh wait, his name was Taehun.   Kwanghee was fuming, but I didn’t care. After a while, he ordered the people to not pay attention to us and converse with their partners. They obeyed him like he was some king.   *Pathetic people.* I thought.   He seemed to think that I was mistaken, and he relaxed one more time. “I think we got off on the wrong foot. I’ll introduce myself. Hi, I’m Kwanghee, What’s your name?” He asked (he more like scoffed if you asked me).   “You don’t need to know that.” I replied, pushing up my glasses.   He huffed, but I had a feeling he wouldn’t give up. “Why not? We’re in this project together.”   “I’m not paired up in this project with you.” I said as a matter-of-factly. I sighed and sat down in a nearby desk.     Kwanghee took a seat beside me. “Why are you being so rude? I like you.” He declared.   I glared at him, “I hate you.”   He smirked, a bit amused but ticked off at the same time. “Gee, thanks bi—“ He began, but I wouldn’t hear it. “Yah.” I said.   “Fine, I mean, ‘Gee thanks, you female dog.’” He scoffed. I snorted as he propped his legs on his desk, shoes and all. No wonder he didn’t have any manners.   “Same to you, idiot.” I said, resting my head boredly on my desk.   “…Wow, if ‘idiot’ is the meanest word you could think of to say to me, you’re more innocent than I thought.” He replied, grinning at me.   “I take that as a compliment.” I replied with no tone of voice. He just scoffed at me.   “So what is your name anyways?” He asked. I glared at him icily. “If I tell you, will you stop bothering me?” I questioned. He nodded.   “________.”   His eyes widened a bit. “Huh. That’s weird, you have the same name as someone I knew before.”   I merely shrugged and jotted down ideas for our project.   Tell Me - Wonder Girls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwoT0Od82ig)       It was weeks after the project was assigned and Kwanghee still refused to do any work. He wanted me to do everything. What a blockhead.   I was walking to the grocery store when my braids started to bother me. I yanked the hair-ties off and let my long hair (now curly from the braids) fall loose. My eyes started to water, so I took off my glasses and rubbed my eyes.   “Say… You look pretty cute. Got a boyfriend?”
Please log in to read the full chapter