Negativities and Impulsiveness

The Pros and Cons of Dating Kim Kibum

     Apparently there was this thing going around that was appropriately dubbed by Kim Kibum’s fellow peers as ‘The Pros and Cons of Dating Kim Kibum.’ The “pros” list was of a generous size and included things like, ‘attractive’ and ‘smart’ and ‘okay sense of humour.’ The “cons” list was larger and more extreme and included things like, ‘too feminine’ and ‘too skinny’ and ‘boring personality’ and just plain ‘undesirable.’ It was hard to ignore the list because everywhere he seemed to be the people that existed around him would start discussing The Pros and Cons of Kim Kibum and there seemed to be many different versions of it, some more positive/negative than others. It was kind of like movie reviewing except people were reviewing an actual person’s attractive sides and unattractive sides, yet, people were equally (maybe more) critical as movie critics. It remains a mystery how the list came about. It probably had something to do with Kibum being a hot topic despite having done nothing significant or worth talking about amongst the hounds that obsessed over their status in the high school social food web. Unfortunately, even doing nothing can make you a target topic in high school, so really, there just isn’t any winning.  

     Apparently The Pros and Cons of  Dating Kim Kibum didn’t exist to only one person and that person was Kim Jonghyun. Spontaneously, Jonghyun had bashfully told Kibum that he ‘kind of had a really big crush on him’ and Kibum guessed that’s kind of how it happened—how they happened.

     Kibum would say he was pretty insecure. He was pretty insecure because apparently everyone was aware of his insecurities and that just kind of boosted them even more. His insecurities wouldn’t let him stop doubting Jonghyun’s sincerity whenever he said nice things about Kibum. Jonghyun would kiss him before they departed for their classes and compliment him and tell him that he missed him and Kibum guessed it was kind of unfair to doubt the guy. So for exactly one month he ignored his insecurities but then one month passed and it all crashed down on him.

     One day Kibum proposed something to Jonghyun, “Let’s form a list.”

     Jonghyun looks up from his notes which he had scribbled on some manuscript paper he stole from his music teacher, his guitar still resting on his lap, and asks, “What kind of list?"

     “A pros and cons list,” Kibum replies and rips out a sheet of paper from his notebook.

     “Pros and cons of what?” Jonghyun places his guitar carefully beside his desk and slides his chair over to where Kibum is on the bed.

     “Of each other…” Kibum rips out another sheet of paper and hands it to Jonghyun along with a blue pen. “You do mine and I do yours.”

     “Kibum this is stupid,” Jonghyun comments but he does so anyway.

     After a few minutes they’ve completed each other’s list and exchange. Kibum reads his carefully. It’s interesting, he thinks, because this seems to be the only pros and cons list about himself he actually cares about. The “pros” list consisted of many words that were basically synonymous to ‘beautiful’ and also ‘cute face’ and ‘pretty smile’ and ‘cool hair’ and ‘smooth skin’ and ‘witty/sarcastic’ and ‘helpful.’ Kibum finishes skimming through the “pros” list and starts looking through the “cons” list which was, surprisingly, empty.

     “You didn’t fill out the cons,” Kibum points out.

     Jonghyun scoffs. “Yeah because you don’t have any negatives. I like everything about you.”

     Kibum blushes.

     “How am I impulsive?” Jonghyun asks suddenly. “The only con you wrote down for me was ‘impulsive.’ How?”

     “Well…I mean…you don’t think before you talk.”

     “So what, do I offend you or something?”

     “No, no, no,” Kibum says frantically, hoping Jonghyun wouldn’t take it personally. “I mean…When we went on our first date you already started treating me like…”

     “Like my boyfriend?”

     “Well…yeah. I mean…You started kissing me in the middle of the hallways randomly and kept whispering to me sweet nothings in class and when we’d lie down together on your bed you’d talk and talk and tell me how important I was to you and goddamn it are you just making fun of me?” Kibum babbles dramatically. “You bought me bouquets of roses every day for a week for Christ sake and no one’s ever…I mean…”

     Jonghyun kneels down in front of Kibum by the edge of the bad and holds both his hands and rubs his soft skin with his thumbs lovingly. “I love you.”

     Kibum blanks out for a second and then shrieks, “You’re doing it again. You’re being impulsive.”

     “You want a con for you?”

     “Yes…”

     “You’re so…negative. I mean, here you are asking me if I really feel what I feel for you and, honestly, I knew you’d be like that. That’s why I’ve been so…impulsive…towards you.” Jonghyun suddenly grabs Kibum by the back of the head and presses his lips against Kibum’s in a brief, tender kiss. “I love you. I wish you’d believe me.”

     “I do,” Kibum barely whispers. “But I can’t say it to you yet.”

     Jonghyun grips Kibum’s hands tightly. “I know.”

     Jonghyun brings Kibum up to his feet and hugs him tightly and kisses his temple. “I love you. I suggest you try getting used to hearing that all the time now.”

     Kibum says nothing and smiles into Jonghyun’s shoulder while he holds onto him.

     “Hey, I have another pro to add to your list…” Kibum hears Jonghyun say and then a pair of hands grip his cheeks. “Nice .”

     “I have another con for you...” Kibum smirks and takes the hands off his . “Stupid…and erted…small pe—“

     Jonghyun spanks him gently and chuckles, hugging Kibum closer again. “I love you.”


A/N

Ignore spelling mistakes, grammatical erros and whatnot.

Eh, you guys know the drill.

Thanks for reading! ^^