Ice man

You won't leave me, will you?

        Jinki waited for Taemin again that night. 

        I have to ask him now, he thought.

        "Taemin." he said.

        "De?"

        "Did you already, uh... shared blood with Gillian?" Jinki asked awkwardly.

        "Ne. When I first met her. Why?" Taemin said.

        "What happened after?"

        "She became strong."

        "And? Did she get well fully?" Jinki asked.

        Taemin thoughtfully pinched the bridge of his nose. "No. She was hospitalized soon after. Why?"

        "It's nothing. Just asking. I'm gonna go now." he said, going to the door. He stopped there. "Where've you been?"

        "Gillian's house."

        "What were you doing there?"

        "Trying to make her sleep."

        Jinki nodded and left. Taemin watched him go.

        He went to his shelf and looked for a love history book of his kind. He chose 'Signs and Symptoms: Vampire Love'. He started scanning it and found a page with a chapter called 'Disadvantages of Vampire Soulmates'

1) Vampire might human.

2) Human might be crushed with vampire's hug.

3) Human may die by just getting involved with vampire.

4) Human and Vampire cannot share blood for healing purposes.

        Taemin went to the page explaining number 4 further.

Soulmates as Human with Vampires

When human is sick and vampire gives her blood, human may appear to be strong but in truth, the vampire's blood is killing human inside. They can only share when vampire already drank much of human's blood but vampire will end up making human vampire. (Turn to page 25 to see Consequences of Changing Human to Vampire

        Taemin looked up from the book. Why did Jinki-hyung ask me that?, he thought. His frown grew deeper. Why is Gillian growing weak?

        There was a knock on his door.

        "Come in."

        It was Krystal. 

        "What do you want?" he asked, covering the book.

        "Your dad asked me to check up on you."

        "I'm fine. Please excuse me. I have to be somewhere." he said, standing up.

        "Where?" she asked.

        "Just somewhere." he said.

        Krystal stood aside, letting him pass. When he was gone, the room turned cold.

        "The girl."

 

 

        Gillian walked home that day. She knew she shouldn't be walking but Minho was not there because he was practicing and Jonghyun was too. It took only 20 minutes from the school to their house by foot and a fare cost too much so she decided to walk. 

        She turned a corner and hugged herself. Man, it's cold., she thought. She did her breathing exercises then she noticed smoke from .

        It is really cold, she thought. She heard heavy footsteps behind her but she ignored it. She shivered, feeling something poking her. She looked over her shoulder and noticed her hair had turned to ice.

        She walked faster, wanting to go home when she slipped.

        She winced and looked at her bleeding knee and the thing she slipped at. Ice.

        She looked up as she was covered by a huge shadow. She saw an ice man in front of her. Its fingers were sharp ice. In fact, everything about it was made of sharp ice. 

        She stood up and ran but she couldn't keep up. She started limping, holding her heart and trying to breathe normally. She kept looking back and saw that the monster was growing nearer, keeping up. Then she tripped.

        She pulled herself up, trying to get to the nearest door for help. She looked back and the monster was already there. She hid behind a wall and felt no more hope for her.

        Just make it quick, she found herself thinking again. Her breaths came in hiccups now.

        She felt something looming over her and felt the temperature dropping even more. It's so near, she thought. Then she heard a crash that sounded like a thousand glasses were breaking. She didn't dare open her eyes.

        She felt something moving around and she heard running footsteps coming toward her. She felt something soft touch her and heard a voice that was softer.

        "Gill... Gillian! Gillian-ah! Ya!" 

        She opened her eyes and saw Taemin's face. He was shaking her and checking her but she wasn't breathing anymore.

        "Hey, hey. Hang on. Please hang on." he bit himself and placed his wrist on but the moment his blood made contact with , she screamed.

        "Gillian! Gillian!!" his wound had already healed. "Ya. Ya, wake up."

        Taemin shook Gillian and tried to revive her but she wouldn't wake up. "Help! Help! Please help..." he shouted then he started rocking her back and forth and refusing to let his tears fall. He heard running footsteps behind him and they helped him get a cab to the hospital.

 

 

        Minho was in the practice room, worrying about how Gillian was going to go home. He couldn't go there because the director forbade him to. Gillian would be angry if she saw that he ditched practice just to walk her home.

        He clutched his phone and waited for her call saying that she was home and fine. His phone rang.

        He smiled. It was Gillian. "Yobuseyo?" he said.

        "Ne. Oh.. This is Taemin." Minho sat up abruptly. "Gillian..."

 

 

        Taemin waited for Minho beside Gillian's bed. SHe was already breathing normally but she still looked pale and weak. Taemin touched her hand and kissed it.

        "I won't be here when you wake up, okay? I promise i'll be with you soon... I just have to take care of some things. Please wake up." he whispered.

        He let go of her hand when the door opened. Minho charged in and pinned Taemin to the wall.

        "What did you do?!"

        "Shhh..." Taemin said, pointing at Gillian. Minho let him go roughly and went beside Gillian's bed. "How... how did this happen?"

        "I saw her walking home and it looked like she was running and she was breathing hard so I helped her. She collapsed on a wall and bruised her knees.." he lied.

        "I..." Minho faced him. "Choesonghamnida. I'm really sorry for attacking you like that."

        Taemin faked a smile. "Anio. It was understandable. Anyway, I have to get going now."

        "Ne. Sorry for disturbing you."

        "Take care of her." Taemin said.

        "Ne." Minho bowed. When Taemin was gone, he sighed.

 

 

        Krystal watched as Taemin crushed her ice and go to the girl. She frowned hard and waited in her room. 

        Stupid Taemin. Getting a human involved, she thought. She went to her window and waited. Why can't he just love me?, she thought. The room started frosting around her, her eyes turning cold and ice-hard.

        Her door opened. She was about to turn when she felt pain she'd never felt before. It felt like she was being stabbed, kicked, punched, poked and frozen. She felt the room grow warm and she grow weak. She heard herself screaming ang saw Taemin looking at her unblinkingly.

        The room was soundproof, she cursed herself.

        "If you ever try to hurt her again, i'll kill you myself, no matter if I end up dying by father's hands. If you ever dare to do it again, i'll make you feel pain a million times more painful than this." He let her go when, between her gasps for air, she talked.

        "It won't work." she breathed heavily. "The moment you kill me, your dad will kill her. You know that." she said. "If you keep on seeing the girl, he'll kill her. He has spies, Taemin. More than you know." she tried to stand up but couldn't.

        "Stay away from her... if you want her to live."

        Taemin went to his room, thinking about what Krystal said.

        "Taemin." it was Jinki.

        "I'm not in the mood for lectures, hyung." he said.

        "I'm sure you've figured it out now." Jinki said, closing the door.

        "What?! What should I figure out?!"

        "Gillian.... she's your soulmate." Jinki said.

        "I... well... yeah." Taemin sat up and told Jinki everything that had happened.

        "Oh, hyung.. eottokajji?"

        Jinki nodded, thoughtful. "Leave her, brother. But leave something or someone to protect her.... from anything, arasso?"

        "Ne. but what about Krystal?"

        "Ignore her. She won't tell... she's already fallen for you."

        "So..."

        "So..."

        "So I leave." Taemin said.

        "Yes. You leave."

 

---

I hope you guys like it! :D Please comment and subscribe and bookmark! :D and suggest :D