Destruction and Fire

Take Me Away

 

Silence filled the air as the boy stood over the dead grave. His eyes wear filled with regretful tears as he thought about the person underneath the ground. She didn’t deserve this – it should’ve been him under the dirt, not her. He didn’t deserve to be standing over her grave like this, it should be reversed. On that fateful day when death took his most beloved person on earth, Kiseop felt like following her into the eternal darkness, just so that she wasn’t alone, and that he could apologise for everything he had done to her.

 

Rain drops appeared to fall from the moonlit sky, falling onto his pale face, mixing in with the tears that were already on his cheeks.

 

It had only been one month since she died. And now, this was the first time Kiseop had had the courage to come and visit her dead body. But now he was here, he felt; he couldn’t leave her like this. He had to get her out.

 

Falling to his knees hard, he began using his hands and fingernails to grab at the dirt, pulling it harshly back, trying to get through to the expensive coffin underneath. He was desperate to see her beautiful face again, he longed to see it. Kiseop needed to see it. Digging and digging for ages, his fingernails were filled with dirt, and god it hurt, but he didn’t care – he’d do anything for her, even now. His arms ached at the sheer strength he applied to his task, but finally, he felt something other than dirt beneath his hands. His heart began to beat faster, and his arms started to pull back more and more, revealing the silver coffin.

 

Relief flew through his entire body as he found the edge of the case; fingers gripping onto it, pulling it open roughly. The sight he was faced with nearly made his heart stop completely. There she was. But Kiseop could hardly recognise her anymore. The face was starting to rot away, her beautiful white dress was ruined, and her body was horrible. Kiseop couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

But this was her, and he was going to bring her back. He was going to get what death had taken away from him. Whether he liked it or not.

 

Carefully placing his hand on the cold, dead forehead of his beloved, he closed his eyes softly, concentrating hard on what he was about to do.

 

A spark flew through him in a couple of seconds.

 

His eyes flew open, and they turned completely white. The power that ran through him felt amazing, and now, all he needed to do was focus that power onto the corpse.

 

And he did that with ease.

 

Soon, he took his own cold hand away, and stared down at her.

 

There was no movement.

 

His heart broke, was there really no way to save her? To bring her back to him?

 

There were a couple of minutes of eerie silence that filled the air.

 

Nothing happened. Tears fell down his face even harder as he watched the rain touch her body and dribble down her face. Why couldn’t he get her back?!

 

But then, he saw slight movement in her fingers. His breath hitched as he waited. Soon, all of her fingers were moving slightly, and her eyes started to twitch.

 

…It worked? Kiseop’s frown slowly started to twist into a small smile as he watched her coming back to life. His power worked. Finally, he was able to do something good! Her body moved all over, until she finally sat up in her coffin. Both of their eyes caught each others. Kiseop couldn’t hold the sigh of relief that emerged from his throat as he reached forward with his shaking hand as he her cheek softly.

 

“I can’t believe it…” he whispered, but his voice was full of pure, raw emotion. The girl smiled back at him, but didn’t say a word. But Kiseop didn’t care. As long as she was alive again, he’d deal with it.

 

“You’re finally back with me.” He spoke softly, moving closer to her, wiping the dirt off of her pretty face as he was met with that bright smile that he had missed. The amazing feeling filled his whole body as he captured her small frame in his lean arms, hugging her tightly, never wanting to let her go ever again.

 

“I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.” He repeated over and over again into her ear. No matter how many times he repeated his apology, he felt it never be enough. But this felt like he was finally happy, and in peaceful harmony as he lay with her. All she did was smile at him with a smile that reached up to her deep blue eyes. They had always intrigued Kiseop; it was one of the attributes that first stood out to him.

 

They stayed like that for a while. It was perfect.

 

But suddenly, he felt her begin to shake beneath his embrace, violently. He looked at her in surprise, but his eyes widened in fear as he looked at her face. It was… dissolving. Breaking into pieces. What was going on? All the emotion that was present on her face was disappearing quickly, and she was slowly fading away with it. The boy couldn’t believe his own eyes, his beloved that he had just gotten back… was being taken away again.

 

Kiseop growled, throwing his hand onto her crumbling forehead, trying to force his own unique power back into her body. But he felt nothing flow through him.

 

So he was forced to watch, as she crumbled in his arms, leaving the human world for the second time – all because of him.

 

Soon, all that was left in his shaking arms, was dust.

 

And it hurt so much more the second time she died. Because, it was entirely his fault this time. And it was going to kill him.

 

No longer did he feel the need to live. He didn’t want to. Kiseop quickly got out of the coffin, and kneeled down on the dirt, no more tears on his face as he had simply ran out. His heart was aching, his body shaking and his lips trembling.

 

Back behind another grave far away, someone was watching the young man intently.

 

AJ slouched secretively, farther back from the mans shaking figure. The emotion and sad presence ringed through the air, eclipsing his own body from the man’s sadness. His mouth set in a straight line as he swept his damp hair from his eyes. Relief tore at his stomach, thank god he didn’t successfully do it. Standing calmly to his feet he stepped towards the maths slouched figure, feeling his feet sludge in the soft mud of the deceased.

 

He felt his own emotions begin to twitch as the man turned wildly towards him. Looking between the hole in the ground and himself. The man stuttered for a moment, clearly unable to explain himself. Duh. ‘I saw it all.’ AJ whispered in a low voice, trying not to sound too threatening. The mans lip trembled in reply. ‘Do you regret it?’  he hushed, raising an eyebrow.

 

Gritting his teeth he looked away as the rain stung his face, replacing the tears that would no longer fall. He nodded a little and stared at the gaping hole just as a low wind picked up. Spreading the dust across the dull blue sky.

 

Swiftly AJ turned and began to walk along the barely visible path of the grave yard, briefly he turned and gesture the man to follow with his finger in a ‘come here’ motion. Looking rather intimidated, the man followed showing a pang of regret in his stained and tainted eyes.

 

They walked the dark damp streets silently, letting the grey hiss of the rain stain there vision. ‘Im like you…’ AJ whispered in an almost inaudible tone. The man turned and stumbled a little. He knew that he too knew what he meant. They shared the inhuman powers that he had previous shown. ‘Although mine is different..’ AJ said with a grin before turning to the man. ‘Havent you noticed?’.

 

Kiseop gazed around himself. The rain had stopped, frozen as it fell in the unmoving streets. His eyes widened as they passed people in the streets, completely frozen…in time. He turned wildly to the man and felt himself choke on his own words. ‘W-who are you?!’ he spat as he fell into the frozen raindrops, forcing them back into reality.

 

‘Just call me AJ’ was all that he answered with as the rain began again. Hissing onto the cold lifeless ground. Kiseop followed AJ quietly now, too caught up in his own thoughts to comprehend anything else. When their feet finally stopped moving, Kiseop felt utterly exhausted. Not only had he torn up the ground of his lover, left his heart aching and felt like he should end his own life, but now this strange man had made him walk for what seemed like miles. Mud stained and tired he turned to AJ as he clicked open the door to a rather glamorous apartment.

 

Unsure and intimidated he entered the room nervously, and was surrounded by another 6 men, including AJ. One man, a blonde slouched in on the sofa with threatening eyes, twirling a ball of golden flames between his fingers. His mouth twitched slightly as Kiseop stared un-intentionally. If this man was serious…more than likely every man here held a dangerous power… His heart ached at the thought of his lover as he pulled forward a strong expression.