Jeju Island

Being Boyfriend's Best Friend

With the waves and weather in your favor, the ship arrived to the island in 9 hours rather than 11. By then, the sun hardly reached the top yet was bright enough. Feeling groggy and some even a bit nauseous, the students filed off the ship along with their luggage. You yawned while Jenny stretched and rubbed her eyes. Slouching over your suitcase, Chunji wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

 

"Wake up, Sohyun-ah~ Our vacation begins!" he shook you lightly. 

 

You chuckled and shook him off. An overly cheery male suddenly appeared in front of you. He rambled on about how he was your school's tour guide and to proceed to blahblahblah in order to go to Seaes Hotel and Resort, where you were all staying. He awkwardly grinned and bounced along to spread the information he just shared. 

 

"Okay, he was creepy." Ricky stated.

"He's just doing his job," Youngmin shrugged.

"Yeah, well, he probably isn't paid enough to do it." Kwangmin laughed to himself.

 

You and Jenny glared at him. He immediately silenced and held his hands in defense. Declaring him immature for the uptenth time, your group walked toward the resort. All the students were clustered in the hotel lobby, anxiously waiting to check in and receive their keys. Because everyone was rooming with at least three other people, it wasn't long before you got your keys. Politely thanking the employee, you turned and faced your roomates.

 

"Got'em!" you jingled the keys excitedly as they cheered. 

 

Your roomates were Jenny and two other close friends, Minjee and Ahyoung. Those with their keys made their way to the back of the hotel, outside. The students were in awe; instead of normal rooms, there were  little houses, creating a miniature neighborhood within the hotel. Each house was a mix of traditional Korean and modern architecture. Your group squealed in even more excitement and rushed to find yours.

Passing rows of houses, the sidewalk eventually led to a small boardwalk surrounded by a rather big pond with fountains and bordered by varying plants. The boardwalk led to what appeared to be the dining/event area. Just before that, however, was your house. A wall of large stones acted as a fence, surrounding the house, and a wooden gate stood at the end of the walkway. Unlocking the gate, the four of you made your way to the front door. 

The interior was rather minimalistic and modern. Curious, you all spread out throughout the house. You made your way through the back sliding door and onto the small patio, surrounded by a bamboo fence. Just to the left sat a wooden bathtub. You could hear yourself as well as the other girls gasp out loud at the luxury. But despite how ecstatic you were, the exhaustion shortly took over. 

The four of you plopped yourselves down in the living room, no one saying a word and very close to falling asleep. Unfortunately before you could doze off, Jenny’s phone rang. She groaned as she answered it without getting up. After a few “yeah’s” and “mhm’s”, she hung up and plopped her hand back down, sighing loudly.

 

“Byunghun oppa wants us to join him and Teen Top for lunch,” she said, aloud.

 

Everyone groaned again; the thought alone just added to the exhaustion. Even Ahyoung and Minjee, despite being huge fans.

 

“I’m honestly not that hungry,” Ahyoung mumbled.

“Eh, I kind of am,” Minjee followed.

 

You hummed in agreement. You haven’t eaten since dinner last night, which you happened to have earlier than normal. Eyes closed, you ran a hand through your hair, stood up, and faced the other lifeless girls. You held out both hands and helped Minjee and Ahyoung up, then walked around to the armchair and pulled Jenny up.

 

“Alright, let’s splash some water on our faces to wake up and go eat,” you persuaded.

 

~

 

All four of you slugged across the pond on the boardwalk, inside the dining/event hall. It was already filled with equally as exhausted and starving students. Grabbing plates, your group weaved in and out of the buffet line. By the time you finished filling your plate, Jenny and the other girls were already sitting with Teen Top. Ricky caught your eye and quickly motioned you to sit. Rushing over, the members greeted you as you sat between Ricky and Chunji.

Everyone exchanged their plans for the day. The maknaes were telling ridiculous stories about their hyungs, again. All was well until Ricky laughed so hard that he knocked his soda onto your lap. Fortunately, you were wearing shorts so it all spilled onto your thighs. You, Chunji, and Ricky stood up in unison.

 

“I am so sorry, noona!” Ricky gasped, immediately trying to help you wipe the soda off.

“It’s alright, calm down,” you reassured. “I’ll just clean up in the bathroom.”

Chunji, on the other hand, was too busy glaring at Ricky.

 

You made your way to the bathroom and went to the sink. The stickiness of the soda easily came off from the soap and water. As you were about to leave, a painfully familiar click of heels entered the bathroom. You ignored it and continued cleaning.

 

“Oh, look: the tramp can’t even eat a proper meal without being a slob,” Jieun giggled.

 

Completely unmoved by her comment, you finished wiping up and threw away the tissues. You let out a relieved sigh, faced her, gave a fake smile, and walked out. You heard her scoff and curse under her breath as you left. As soon as you sat back down, you continue your meal. Chunji leaned over to your ear.

 

“You alright?” he whispered.

“Just fine,” you replied, giving him your eye smile.

 

Satisfied, he chuckles and you both return your attention to the conversation.

 

 

 

hey everyone!

sorry for the short update;;

but since im on summer break, i should have more updates

getting back in the spin of writing is gonna take a bit ^^

hope you have a lovely day~

ppyong <3

 

P.S. YES I KNOW ITS BEEN A YEAR PLS FORGIVE ME ;A;