Intellect

Anatomy's class

Exams were approaching, thus the reason Ryeowook sank into piles of several books. In contrast, his supposedly best friend was busy getting ready to head out with the new friends he made – for some awkward reason, they were drifting apart lately. He couldn’t understand why Kyuhyun started to befriend those partying types of people, yet he wouldn’t say a word to the latter because it was his right to choose his companions. “I am going now” it was near midnight when Kyuhyun said those words, heading out without paying a second glance at his friend.


Although Ryeowook wanted to spend some time with his friend, he had to focus on his studies. “Be safe” he spoke in a rush hoping the other would still hear, returning his attention to the small letters of the book, scribbling things on his notebook to summarize its vast content. Hours easily passed by, until sleep finally started to consume him. The petite boy stood up from his desk, aimlessly walking towards the kitchen to grab a cup of water in hopes of it awakening him – once he reached his destination his eyes rested on the door of Kyuhyun’s room. The clock marked 3 o’clock, it was so late already.


Although it was considered trespassing, he went inside Kyuhyun’s room. His nostrils were immediately invaded with the perfume Kyuhyun wore before heading out, he couldn’t remember the last time they had their chats till late hours of the dawn in each other’s rooms – this only made him become even more upset, realizing that college was making him lifeless. Even his friend left him aside. Ryeowook lied down on Kyuhyun’s bed, curling into a ball as he imagined his friend being there with him. They’ve spend so much time together that he sometimes believed they’d always be together, but it was seemingly a delusion of his. Without noticing, the pillows filled with Kyuhyun’s scent lulled him into a slumber.


A few hours later, Kyuhyun returned from the party although he had his share of alcohol, he was still perfectly conscious of his surrounds. The clock from the kitchen marked now 5 a.m. strangely enough, the lights were , he calmly turned them off as he headed to his room, thinking that Ryeowook was either still studying in his room or had forgotten to turn them off before falling asleep. Surprise filled his senses once he spotted a petite figure lying on his bed. He had neglected Ryeowook lately, but mostly because he couldn’t withstand that one sided love anymore – he also wished to achieve his own happiness, but Ryeowook seemingly couldn’t offer that to him as the only thing his eyes could see were the obstacles and objectives he wanted to achieve.


He sat down on the edge of the bed, calmly admiring the boy peacefully sleeping. His hands moved on its own brushing aside the bangs that were graciously falling over Ryeowook’s eyes. A loud yawn ran past his mouth, so he stood up and went to wash his face and brush his teeth before sleeping. Afterwards returning to his room, he found the boy lightly snoring. “Why are you like this Kim Ryeowook?” Kyuhyun whined as he occupied the place beside him on the bed. Just for tonight he wrapped his arms around the smaller and silently wished time would stop so he’d be able to enjoy the feeling of having Ryeowook for himself just once.


Ryeowook woke up quite disoriented, feeling the warmth of arms surrounding him in comparison to the cold weather of the end of autumn. His eyes met up with the figure of a sleeping Kyuhyun beside him. Although it was Saturday, they had classes at 7:30 a.m. he stretched his arm to reach the clock that was facing another side, noticing it was only 6. He stared at it, and after thinking a little he turned off the alarm that would ring in 30 minutes – it was a bless that they lived nearby the college.


Ryeowook turned around and cuddled, trying to return to his slumber. “Did the assiduous student, Kim Ryeowook, just turn off my alarm clock?” the drowsy voice that interrupted him questioned, causing the petite to look up and see the other male that still had his eyes still shut. Ryeowook was taken aback for a short period as he thought that he’d rather miss that class instead of losing the precious moments that life provided him and he’d been missing all this while.  “Yes, I’d rather sleep more” he shut his eyes this time and cuddled with his friend.


All this while, Kyuhyun only listened to his friend, rather impressed, but remained quiet. “I see” was his only answer, trying to remain calm that Ryeowook pressed further against his chest. “I miss you” the petite admitted reluctantly, as saying those words made him sound like a fool – perhaps Kyuhyun would even about that. “Me too” he whispered loud enough for Ryeowook to hear.


Kyuhyun questioned if he should look for a neurologist to check if there was any problem with his encephalon. This could be the only explanation why although conscious of their stagnant relationship that was denominated as a ‘friendship’, he could still hold onto his love for Ryeowook. Or perhaps he just proved that even its complexity doesn’t provide the intellect for him to let go of a hopeless love.

 

------------------------------

I've been so busy with college that I don't find enough time to write most of my fanfics, so I do apologize. Ironically enough, this fanfic I started around my first year/second year of college and now I am on the fourth year so yeah, I've been neglecting some so badly. A few because inspiration doesn't come, others because I don't have enough time. I should be sleeping instead of writing, but writing this one particularly somehow releases me of the tension that classes until late cause on me.

 

Somehow I feel like I should focus more on the main idea of 'physicians' and the conflicts that I went through, but I can't really leave that aside without the relationship between those two through the years. Just as I've been neglecting my fanfics, I feel like I've also neglected so much more of my life like the time spent with friends just for the sake of either studying or sleeping a little bit more... so this feels more like I am saying my tale instead of theirs lol