WINNERS

JannCakes Short Story Contest (CLOSED)

First of all, before I announce the winners, I want to thank everyone for participating. Had it not been for you guys, this wouldn't have been possible. I received around 54 applications and it took me forever to read them but I finished and now we finally have this moment!

Without further ado, here are the WINNERS of the contest:

 

FIRST PLACE:

  • celiimess
  • Prompt: I think I'm ugly
  • Story: Pretty Girl

Reasons why I chose your story as first place fall within my marking chart. You had an original idea with a good context. Very few mistakes in your grammar and spelling and it flowed very well and was able to reach out to me. It was a bit rushed at the beginning but I thoroughly enjoyed it. You received full bonus marks and are the winner of this contest!

 

SECOND PLACE:

  • wushustatue
  • Prompt: Faeries
  • Story: Ethereal

Once again, you scored high on my marking chart. Though your grammar wasn't as up to par as others, I found you had an interesting idea, and you worked emotion in very well. I was hooked onto each word and happy to find someone who actual understood the fei like I do. It was pleasant to read this and you have achieved second place in my contest!

 

THIRD PLACE:

Again, another very high rating in my marking chart. Your grammar was practically spot on, it was interesting, very rich in description and painted an image in my mind. It wasn't something I would have looked at outside of the contest since it's not really my style at first glance, but then I read it and I found it to be freaking interesting and my head was spinning at the words. It was intense and powerful and that's why you achieved third place!

 

HONOURABLE MENTIONS:

I'm sorry I can't furnish a prize for these stories but I can give them a shout out. These are stories that came close to winning and really caught my eye that I find you should check out! They typically scored higher on my marking chart, but some of them are just some that I enjoyed reading and liked the concept of.

They will be listed in no particular order:

  1. Into Your World by royalblueblood
  2. The Huntress by Kitmistry
  3. Beauty on Shore by Jessbian
  4. Watching Freedom Fly by sweethollyichigo
  5. My Search for Perfection by DancingDreams
  6. The Manhattan Project by JONGINS
  7. Fantasizing by coolgirlamy
  8. Master Krisus' Doll by FruitxLover
  9. Second Chance by KPossible21
  10. Delusion by pandamwah

A reminder as to what the PRIZES are:

FIRST PLACE will receive:

  • BoA's Japanese Deluxe Edition album (3 CD set)
  • ONE K-pop poster (choices between Big Bang, SHINee, SNSD, Super Junior, Miss A and 2NE1)
  • TWO K-pop bracelets (choices of Big Bang, SHINee, T-Ara, FT Island, Super Junior, 2NE1, U-Kiss, B.A.P, Exo or SNSD)
  • TWO one shot story requests with any pairing of your choice.

SECOND PLACE will receive:

  • ONE K-pop poster (choices between Big Bang, SHINee, SNSD, Super Junior, Miss A and 2NE1)
  • TWO K-pop bracelets (choice of Big Bang, SHINee, T-Ara, FT Island, Super Junior, 2NE1, U-Kiss, B.A.P, Exo or SNSD)
  • ONE one shot story request with any pairing of your choice.

THIRD PLACE will receive:

  • TWO K-pop bracelets (choices of Big Bang, SHINee, T-Ara, FT Island, Super Junior, 2NE1, U-Kiss, B.A.P, Exo or SNSD)
  • ONE a one shot story request with any pairing of your choice.

 

Everyone else who participated in the contest will receive a 55 word story. You simply have to give me your entry number (listed in Chapter 2) and comment below with an idol or pairing that you would like your 55 word story to be about.

 

To the WINNERS: I will need each of you to send me your full address in my inbox so that I can mail you your prize. Include with your address which bands you want your post and bracelets to be from, as well as the info of the pairing/idol/band you would like your oneshot to be about.

 

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR PARTICIPATING!