THE CONFESSION

IKEMEN SERIES VOLUME I, KAMEN BEAUTY
Jhenie composed herself. She was a bit worried about what she’ll do. What if he wouldn’t accept it? How would she react?

She saw Keito seated under a shade of a huge tree.

Jhenie took some steps but after a while she retreated. She hugged the small brown stuff toy in her chest. Was she really doing it?

It took her several twist and turn before nodding her head. She pushed back her eyeglasses on her eyes and heaved a big sigh.

He had his back on hers so she needed to fake a cough to get his attention.

Keito looked at her and bowed curtly. The guy hardly smiles yet that was his charisma.

“Anything?” he asked.

Jhenie looked down and extended the bear to him. “Watahiwa daisuke…” she said aloud.

Keito blinked twice at her. He then stood up and stared her in the eyes. “Gomen,” he started. “I’m not really interested in you.” He said and bowed curtly before taking his things with him and walking away.

Jhenie stared at his retreating back. She gaped at him. She blinked and felt salty warm tears fall from her eyes. She hugged the bear in her chest to stop the pain that was soaring inside to spread but then it didn’t.

She stepped back and felt the tree at her back. She closed her eyes and bit her lips to stop them from trembling. She felt her knees getting weak and she found herself slumped down under the shade of the thick tree.

Her whole body trembled while her tears kept falling from her eyes.

“You shouldn’t cry for a guy like that.” A voice said.

Jhenie opened her eyes in startled realization that somebody was actually watching her. She searched for the voice. She found him standing behind the tree she was slumped upon. “Arioka-san?”

He stared at her. His eyes showed nothing. It was passive.

“Gomen.” She said. “You saw me like this,” she said taking her eyes off him.

Daiki shook his head. “Do you really like Keito-kun?” he asked.

Jhenie squeezed the bear to stop her tears from falling again.

Daiki helped her to stand which she did. He looked at her eyes sincerely. “I’ll help you make him to notice you.” He said.

Jhenie’s eyes opened wide as she heard his words.

He smiled at her. “Come with me.”

Jhenie obeyed and followed him.

Daiki smiled as he stopped in front of an ice cream shop. He looked at her and smiled. “Wait here.”

Her eyebrow shut up.

He left her outside the shop. She stared at the posters of different sweets. She smiled. She wanted a pistachio ice cream so badly. She smiled while staring at the picture of sugar cone with green pistachio ice white colorful sprinkles and vanilla syrup.

Jhenie felt a tap at her shoulder and turned around. Daiki extended a sugar cone with pistachio ice cream, candy sprinkles and vanilla syrup to her.

Jhenie blinked at him. He smiled and gave it to her.

“How did you know that I want this?” she asked.

Daiki gave her a sincere smile, “I just know.” He said.

Jhenie smiled back at him.

“They said that love mends a broken heart.” He said as he at the strawberry ice cream in his hands.

“Really?” she asked. He nodded and walked away. She followed him. “Do you like strawberries?” she asked.

He giggled. “I’m ok with it. It just reminds me of Yama-chan,” he said smiling at her.

She giggled with him. “You are all cool, you know, your group.” She commented.

He smiled at her. “I know that.” He retorted.

She rolled her eyeballs to him. “Boastful.”

He laughed.

“Where are we going?” she asked while enjoying her ice cream.

“You’ll see.”

They stopped in front of a hair salon. Jhenie looked at Daiki in confusion.

Daiki escorted her inside. The people at the salon stared as they came in. The girls inside, including the patrons gazed at them as they walked towards the information. Some of them even gaped at Daiki.

Daiki felt their stare and smiled at the people inside. One of the girls even gasped and clasped her chest. Daiki winked.

Jhenie stared as the girls gaped, sighed and one even fainted. She then stared at Daiki in shock. He smiled at her.

“Arioka-san, what can we do for you?” one of the attendants asked. She fluttered her eyelashes on Daiki who just smiled back.

The other girls inside the salon stared angrily at the attendant who didn’t seem to care and even smiled more lovingly.

Daiki smiled “Cut her hair,” he said and pointed at Jhenie who stared at him in shock.

The attendant eyed her looking a bit annoyed that she wouldn’t do Daiki’s hair but Jhenie’s. “What style?” she asked.

“You choose,” Daiki said looking at the attendant in the eyes. “Make her the prettiest girl on earth,” he said and smiled at her.

The attendant was taken aback. The people who were listening to the conversation grasped. The attendant nodded and helped Jhenie on one of the seats in the salon.

Jhenie stared at Daiki while she was being dragged away. Daiki smiled at her and blew her a kiss. “I’ll be back after a while.” He said.

“Where are you going?” Jhenie asked.

He smiled, pinched her cheek and walked out.

Jhenie looked at the attendant then at the hair designer. Both of them were looking in annoyance at her. She was taken aback. She pouted. She would lose her precious hair to these people. That was quite frightening.

After a long while, Jhenie stared at herself in the mirror. She was quite awed. Her hair was really straight, black and smooth. It was very stylish, very Korean-she told herself and giggled a little.

She stood up and came face to face with Daiki who had a few shopping bags in his hands.

“Nice,” he commented. He looked awed as he saw new hairstyle. He let her follow him as he paid for her.

They walked side by side. Jhenie couldn’t help feel her new hair which Daiki smiled at. They stopped infront of an optical clinic. They went in.

They were greeted by a middle-awed lady who looked like a doctor. “Ah, Daiki-sama, what can I do for you?” the lady asked.

It seemed to Jhenie that Daiki knew a lot of people in this suburb.

“Anou, I want a contact lens for her, sensei.”

Jhenie was taken aback. She took hold of her eyeglasses.

“Ah, let’s see.” The doctor tried to take the glasses off her which Jhenie refused to do so.

Daiki stared at her. She stared back at him shaking her head. He smiled, and reached out on her eyeglasses. She was shocked when she heard a snap. She took off her eyeglasses and saw that her glasses were broken into two.

“Gomen. I think the glasses are already very brittle thus it snapped into two.” He apologized though he didn’t look it.

Jhenie stared angrily at him and he just smiled back as he took the glasses away from her.

The doctor helped her on the chair and made some series of test on her. She wanted to cry. She loved those glasses. Without them, she felt .

“Could you wait for a while? I guess I have her sizes here so you wouldn’t have to come back to pick it up again.” The doctor said afterwards.

“Ok.” Daiki said.

Daiki browsed through some magazines, while Jhenie stared in nothingness. She was still downtrodden because of her eyeglasses and thus she just didn’t want to talk to him.

After a while, the doctor called them. “Do you want colored lenses or plain?” the doctor asked her.

“Plain,” she answered. The doctor browsed on her stocks. “But can you make a pair of glasses for me?” she asked after wards.

“Why do you need to?” Daiki asked.

“I am used to wearing glasses.”

“You don’t need them anymore.”

“But Daiki-san…”

Daiki looked at her as if she was a young girl that was being reprimanded not to buy a certain toy. So she shut up.

“Here you go.” The doctor said and asked her to try it on.

The lenses were very helpful. They were very clear in her eyes.

It was then, she noticed that Daiki was staring at her. She looked at him in inquiry which he only answered by a smile.

“Here, you can wear this tomorrow.” Daiki said and handed her the shopping bags that he was holding.

Jhenie peeked in. Her jaw dropped at the sight of the clothes. All of them looked very expensive and high class. She looked at him.

Daiki smiled at her. His eyes became slits and his white teeth were emphasized. “That is yours.” He said. “This is all I can do to help you.” He said.

“Why are you doing this?” she asked.

Daiki became pensive. He looked upwards then back at her. “Let’s just say that I hate seeing girls cry.”

“So that means, you’ve done this for a lot of girls?” she asked.

Daiki just smiled and walked away. “See you tomorrow.” He said and waved to her.

Jhenie stared at his retreating back then smiled. She almost spent her whole afternoon with him. Lhisa would be very jealous.