THE NEW GUY

IKEMEN SERIES VOLUME I, KAMEN BEAUTY
JHENIE and Lhisa were walking towards the canteen when two guys, possibly in their third year stopped in front of them. The girls looked at them in question.

“You are the new exchange students, right?” one of them asked.

The girls nodded.

One of the guys stooped down at Lhisa’s level. “Wanna go out with me?” he asked.

Lhisa stepped backward from the guy.

She looked at him in the eye, “I don’t like you so I won’t go out with you.” She said briskly.

Jhenie smiled. It was too Lhisa, very frank and tactless.

“Ouch! You were just dumped, man.” The other guy commented.

The guy who approached Lhisa glared at his friend before turning towards the girls. “It was the first time that a girl dumped me.” He said angrily. “You’ll definitely pay for this.” He said.

Lhisa didn’t seem to have any fear at all.

The guy got angrier. He rolled his fist to a ball and was about to hit Lhisa when a hand caught his wrist in the air.

They all looked at the person. They were taken aback to see the passive face of Yamada Ryosuke staring at them. One of his hands on his pocket, he wasn’t smiling at all nor was he angry. He was the real definition of emotionless.

“You are blocking my way, trash.” He commented.

Jhenie’s jaw dropped in shock.

The guy glared at Ryosuke who already let go of his hand. “You!” he exclaimed angrily. He moved his fist towards Ryosuke’s face.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Daiki said who just came.

They looked at him. He was with Chinen and that tall handsome boy named Nakajima.

“You touch his face and you are dead meat.” Daiki continued and went up to them.

Jhenie looked around her. The crowd was already gathering. Most of them were girls who seemed to want to melt just by looking at the guys.

Jhenie seemed surprise. Even those nerdy girls were there and giggling with each other.

The two guys seemed to notice that a commotion was building up. They looked around then stared at the girls. They had the ‘you’re-lucky-this-time’ look on their faces.

Lhisa looked back at them. “Get lost.” She snapped at them.

The guys looked at them angrily yet they went away.

“You’re lucky, we saw you.” It was Nakajima who said that. He smiled warmly at the girls.

“Thank you.” The girls said bowing lightly.

Ryosuke didn’t say anything to them, and just walked towards the second floor.

“Jaa ne,” Chinen smiled at the girls showing his white cute set of teeth. The guy was really charming that Jhenie wanted to cuddle him. He was the type of the guy who girls wanted to take care of. He was not handsome at all, he was too cute to be true.

The girls smiled back at him.

He followed Ryosuke. Arioka and Nakajima followed giving them shy smiles.

“Gosh. Ryosuke-sama is really cool.” Jhenie looked at the girls under the stairs. They were staring at the back of the four ikemen guys.

“Total bishonen.” The same girl commented.

“Yuto-san is cooler.”

“Iie, it was Daiki-san. He was the hottest.”

“Chinen-kun is still the best. My kimi.”

Jhenie and Lhisa looked at each other. They seemed to find real-life f4 in that school.

When they were about to sit down in one of the vacant seats, three girls stopped in front of them.

They looked up.

Jhenie tilted her head. The girls seemed to be wearing their uniforms in a wrong way. Two of them wear their skirts too short and without vest. They even opened the first two buttons of their white blouse revealing soft white skin. The other one wear her skirt too long. Her blouse was tucked out and opened showing the black t-shirt she had inside.

One of the girls who had a very short skirt wore her hair down while the other had hers in ponytail.

They stared at Jhenie and Lhisa angrily.

The girl with her hair down walked very near the girls. “How dare you talk to our princes?” she asked angrily while making her eyelashes flutter.

“Princes?” Lhisa asked.

“Yes, we saw you talking to Ryosuke-sama and the others. How dare you?!” she exclaimed.

“Ah, that, we’re classmates so I guess they helped us.” Lhisa answered.

The other two went in each side of the girl.

“Do I look like I care?” she asked. “Stop going near them, especially Ryosuke-kimi.” She commanded them. “He is mine and mine alone. Next time I saw you coming near them, I will make sure you will regret the day you were born.” She said.

Lhisa tilted her head and smiled at the girl. “You can have him, insert him in your pocket so that he would not wander around.” Lhisa said coolly.

“What the…” the girl started angrily. “Who are you to talk to me that way? Don’t you know me?”

“I am Lhisa. By the way, who are you?” she asked teasingly.

The girl gritted her teeth in anger. She stared angrily at Jhenie and Lhisa who stared back. “I’ll get back to you!” the girl exclaimed and walked away with the other two on her heels.

When the girls were already out of earshot, Jhenie was amazed when Lhisa laughed hard. She smiled at her friend. She tilted her head. Yes. It was an amusing event, that is.

They both took their seat.

“Ittadaikimasu.” They both said at the same time.

DAYS passed and the girls got accustomed to the ways of their new high school. They even had great fun in whatever they had to do.

It was a usual morning in the life of the girls.

Jhenie was staring at the window when one of the boys came in. He was one of the boys who are like the joker of the king whom whenever asked to do a back flip, he would though he was not serving any of the school princes. These princes had pride on themselves, for heaven’s sake.

“A transferee! A transferee!” he shouted. Jhenie put her chin in her palm, she wondered if this was the way the class learned that they were coming the day they also transferred.

The guy looked at Ryosuke, and the others. “Ryosuke-kun, I guess you will have a rival.” The joker announced seriously. Ryosuke looked back at the guy. “He was really good looking and tall.” The joker continued.

Ryosuke just stared at the guy before putting his head down on his sleeping way.

Yuto smiled at the guy, “You pissed him off.” He announced.

The guy was taken aback. He looked afraid.

“You talked about his height.” Yuri commented.

The joker gulped and went to sit on his chair. The rest of the class stared at the sleeping Ryosuke and kept quiet.

“Sensei is coming,” another student announced.

The class became tense. They were anticipating the new comer. Even Jhenie sat down properly. Ryosuke who was supposed to be sleeping opened his eyes and slouched on his chair.

Lhisa smiled at Jhenie who smiled back. They were not the only new comers now.

Their Social Studies teacher came in. She was smiling from ear to ear and her make-up is more pronounced that day than any other day.

“Ohayou, minna san.” She started cheerfully. “We have a new classmate today.” She announced. She motioned to the person outside.

He stepped in.

Jhenie’s mouth opened wide. He was literally jaw dropping. She looked at her classmates. The girls were in a trance. They seemed to be mesmerized, some were even drooling. The boys, on the other hand seemed to be star struck. Only the four princes didn’t act that way.

Chinen Yuri was smiling his lovely smile. Nakajima Yuto was giving a welcoming stare. Arioka Daiki was also smiling. Yamada Ryosuke, on the other hand looked bored though there was no trace of envy or anger at his eyes.

The new guy was tall. He was handsome. His skin was perfectly fair. He was well-built in his age. He was a ikemen in every way. He was too young to be too hot. He was too good to be true.

“Kore wa Okamoto Keito. Please be nice to him,” their teacher introduced.

The new guy stepped. “Hello. Okamoto Keito desu. Nice to meet you.” He said and bowed.

Jhenie’s jaw dropped. For a Japanese, he had a perfect English accent.

“Please sit next to that handsome guy.” The sensei said talking about Yuri who was currently seated beside an empty desk.

Keito bowed shyly and walked towards the end of the room. Jhenie stared at him while he walked. He seemed to be covered with stars all around that he was almost shining.

“Mabushii!” her mind was exclaiming. That day she learned what a dazzling person is.

The rest of the class followed the new guy’s movements.

To Jhenie it seemed as if his movements were all in slow motion. She could clearly see how he put his bag on the floor beside his chair and how he took a book, a pen, and a notebook from his bag before putting it away neatly.

“Ehem.” Daiki coughed mildly.

Jhenie was awoken from her dream. She shook her head to clear her brains. What had just happened? She slapped her face mildly.

She looked in front. She was especially awoken when she saw her teacher looking as if she was in seventh heaven.

“Sensei…” Daiki called. When she didn’t react he called her again. “Sensei!”

Their teacher shook and looked at the students. “Hai, Arioka-kun?” she asked.

Daiki put up his book.

“Ah, hai. Let’s go to our lesson today.” She said smiling especially sweet.

Jhenie looked at her teacher. “Gross!” her head exclaimed.

JHENIE couldn’t concentrate on the lesson for the rest of the hour. She kept on glancing at the back towards the new guy. He was really fair, it was envious. She bit on her sweet bread.

“He’s cute, ne?” Lhisa commented.

Jhenie looked at her friend. “Hai.” She answered.

“But Daiki’s cuter.” Lhisa commented.

Jhenie looked amused at her friend.

Lhisa was looking at the far side of the cafeteria.

Jhenie followed her friend’s eyes. It landed on the table where most of the students were staring.

Six boys were seated on the table. The princes, Keito and Morimoto Ryutaro, one of the 1st years.

“I envy that chair.” Lhisa sighed. “Daiki…” she breathed while sipping her juice. “I wish I am the table or chopsticks Daiki was holding.

“Wow, what a dream! You’ll definitely earn a lot when you become a chopstick.” Jhenie commented sarcastically.

Lhisa pouted at her then continued on staring at that table.

Jhenie sighed. “In full fairness, I wish I am that can.” She said talking about the soft drink can, Keito was holding.

“Haha…” Lhisa laughed sarcastically at her friend.

Jhenie gave her a sullen stare.

LHISA told Jhenie that she won’t be able to come home with her because the girl was invited to join the movie producing club.

Jhenie knew that she would just be bored if she goes home early so she took her things and went to the park.

When she arrived there, she looked everywhere but she couldn’t find any empty table. Jhenie sighed and composed herself. There was one table which was occupied by a guy. She would ask if she could share it.

“Anou… sumimasen…” she started. “Is this seat taken? Can I share the table with you?” she asked.

The guy looked up.

Jhenie took a step backward. It was Okamoto Keito.

“Iie, it was not taken. Feel free to take your seat. I don’t mind at all.” He said in a deep baritone voice and went back to reading a book.

Jhenie’s heart beat fast in her chest. She touched her chest. She needed to breathe. She found herself taking a seat opposite the guy.

“Anou… are you alone?” she asked.

“Hai.” He answered without looking at her.