We Are One — Part I.

We Are One

 

Joonmyun sighed, his fingers lightly tracing over a picture of the 12 of them. It’s been 5 years since EXO disbanded, 15 since they made their debut. He has his regrets, as the leader of EXO. He was - is - their guardian. He has promised to protect them, yet he let SM Entertainment destroy them. The same entertainment company that made them.

Today would’ve been their 15th year anniversary. He chuckled slightly. He wondered if the others still remember the date.

His 37th birthday is next month, and he just wants them to be reunited again. It’d be the second best birthday gift ever (the first was when he and his brothers made their debut).

Joonmyun celebrated their anniversary with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They all went to a nice restaurant for a meal.

“Hyung, what do you want for your birthday?” Baekhyun asked, slurping on his noodles.

“For the 12 of us to be together.”

Chanyeol smirked. “Well, we know that, hyung. Anything else?”

Joonmyun just shrugged. 

“What are the kids even doing now?” Joonmyun asked after a while.

“Well, Yi Fan hyung is coaching a basketball team back in Canada.” Baekhyun replied.

“And Minseok hyung is running a little Chinese restaurant somewhere in Busan. His specialty are buns.”

Joonmyun snickered.

“Lu Han hyung is a vocal teacher in Beijing and Lay is still an entertainer in China.”

Chanyeol chewed on his noodles before adding on. “Jongdae is also a vocal teacher for JYP, and Kyungsoo is a chef in some prestigious place in Europe. Zitao is a wushu master, teaching little kids back in his hometown.”

“Jongin opened a dance studio with Taemin. And out little maknae is god-knows-where in America.”

“And you two?” Junmyeon asked.

“Well hyung,” Chanyeol grinned, “I’m in a band as the drummer and little Byun Baek here is our vocalist. You recently opened your own entertainment company, right?”

“Yeah, EXO Entertainment.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “SM actually let you use the name?”

“Not without a lawsuit and some threats by our fans.” 

Chanyeol laughed and choked on his food.

Joonmyun sighed. “It’d be nice if we could all gather together again.”

“Just eat your noodles, hyung.” Baekhyun sighed.

 

 

 

“Maybe we should throw a surprise birthday party for hyung.” Chanyeol stretched his body onto the sofa.

“Just a party? He’s turning 37 for Pete’s sake, plus he’s a new CEO now.”

“Well, what do you have in mind?”

Baekhyun’s eyes lit up at a sudden thought. “Maybe we could call up the members! And then throw him a surprise party.”

The taller one immediately sat up. “You’re a genius! Lets get started.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun gripped their phones and hoped the numbers saved was still working.

 

 

 

Baekhyun paced around his room, his phone pressed against his ear.

“Hello?” He heard a familiar voice answer in Chinese.

“Zitao? It’s Baekhyun.”

“Oh!” Zitao sounded surprised, “hyung!”

“I need to tell you something important, Zitao.”

“What is it hyung?” Zitao’s Korean was as good as before, but it was still understandable.

“Joonmyun hyung got into a car accident and he’s in the intensive care and the doctors don’t know if he’ll survive!”

A moment of silence.

“WHAT?”

“You need to come, Zitao.” Baekhyun feigned sadness.

He could literally hear Zitao tremble and he bit back a laugh.

“W-what? H-how?” He could hear the younger boy sniff back a cry.

Still such a cry baby. 

Baekhyun began laughing until he couldn’t breath. “J-jus-st k-k-idd-ing!”

“HYUNG!” Zitao wailed.

He waited until Zitao to stop whining before speaking again. “Sorry, Zitao! Hyung’s birthday is next month and Yeol and I are planning a surprise party and we were wondering if you could fly back here?”

Zitao sniffed again. “Yeah, I guess. It’s been 5 years.”

“Great! I love you, kung fu panda baby. I’ll call you when we have more information.”

 

 

“Ayo whaddap Krease!”

“Oh god, Chanyeol is that you?”

“Yes, hyung.” Chanyeol obediently replied.

“I haven’t heard that in years.”

Chanyeol got right to business, explaining everything to Yi Fan.

“I guess I can, the high school is off for summer already.”

 

 

Baekhyun three way called Luhan and Minseok.

“Hey, hyungs!”

“Hi, Baekhyun!”

“Hey, Baekhyunnie.”

“So…” Baekhyun started.

“Hm, Baekhyun? I need to get started making my buns.” Minseok replied.

Luhan and Baekhyun began to laugh. “Oh god, Baozi.” Luhan happily sighed.

 

 

“Lay hyung! Code red!” Chanyeol screeched.

“What’s code red, you idiot?” Yixing chuckled.

“Junmyun hyung is threatening to kill himself.”

“I swear, Park Chanyeol, you better be lying or I’ll fly over there and hurt you.”

“You’re no fun, hyung.”

 

 

“Jongdae-ah.”

“Yes, hyung?”

“Is your face still god like?”

Jongdae snickered. “Hyung, are you serious?”

“What? It’s not my fault your face is perfectly sculpted.”

 

 

“What, Baekhyun? I was sleeping.” Kyungsoo groaned.

“Well then,” Baekhyun scoffed, “if you don’t want to talk to me then just say so, you mean umma.”

“No!” Kyungsoo panicked. “I was just kidding.”

“So… do your eyes still bulge out?”

Kyungsoo groaned again.

 

 

“Kim Kai!”

Chanyeol heard a deep chuckle at the other end of the line. “Happy virus hyung!”

“I love you, Jonginnie!”

“Oh dear, what do you want hyung?”

“I’m offended.”

“No you’re not.”

 

 

“Oh Sehun?”

“No, this is his cousin.”

“Oh. May I speak to Sehun?” Baekhyun faced palmed himself.

He heard shuffling and then a “hello?”

“This is Mr. Oh Sehun right?” Baekhyun pretended to be a business person. 

“That is correct, may I ask who this is?”

Baekhyun cleared his throat. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you, sir.”

Sehun laughed. “Hi, hyung. I miss you!” He said with his lisp.

“Aw!” The other cooed, “my baby is still so cute.”

“Hyung!” Sehun whined.

 

 

 

“Mission OT12: almost complete.” Baekhyun sighed happily.

“I told Lay hyung that Junmyun hyung’s suicidal.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “I told Zitao that hyung got into a car accident and was going to die. He started to cry.”

The pair smirked and high fived each other.

“Where shall we hold the party, Yeollie?”

“Minseok hyung’s restaurant? Kyungsoo could cook for us, after all, he’s the chef.”

“But, hyung’s restaurant is in Busan!”

Chanyeol ruffled his hair. “The place where we celebrated after our first win?”

Baekhyun chuckled. “I don’t know if they want us back there after what happened.”

“Well, it’s not our fault Sehunnie started a food fight.”

The two burst into a fit of laughter, the memory clear in their heads.

“It’s been years. I’ll call and make reservations and I’ll make sure Kyungsoo is the one making all the food.” Baekhyun evilly smirked.

 

 

 

“Aw man, am I the first one here?” Jongdae whined.

“Yes, so shut up.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

“I feel the love.” He plopped onto the sofa next to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun chuckled, “We’re just waiting for the rest to come over. Our dancing machine should be coming soon.”

“The dancing machine is already here!” Jongdae wiggled his eye brows, making Chanyeol snicker.

“You at dancing, Jongdae.”

The three of them heard the door open and in stepped the still tan dancer.

“How’d you get it?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow.

“Your house pin is our debut date, hyung. How predictable.” 

The four of them all chuckled and Jongin joined everyone else in the living room. 

“So are the hyungs really flying in to Seoul?” Jongin asked.

“Yeah, I can’t wait! We’re going to have a blast!” Baekhyun clapped his hands.

“I want to taste Minseok hyung’s buns.” Jongdae snorted, making everyone else join in.

The door swung open. “I swear to you guys, don’t make fun of my bun making skills! And Chanyeol-ah, really? Our debut as your pin number? I’m surprised you guys haven’t got robbed yet.”

“Minseok hyung!” Jongin and Jongdae ran over to glomp the eldest.

The said man dropped his bags and a small ‘oof’ came from his lips. “I’m too old for this.”

“Oh man, I’m getting really, really excited!” Chanyeol grinned, jumping from his spot on the couch. 

The others couldn’t deny it, there was a feeling bubbling in the pit of their stomachs; a feeling they haven’t felt in a really long time.

“When is Kyungsoo hyung coming? I want kimchi spaghetti!” Jongin asked.

Everyone’s eyes lit up at the words ‘kimchi spaghetti’. 

“Stop getting me so excited!” Minseok scoffed.

 

 

 

“Yixing!” Lu Han excitedly waved at the familiar figure.

“Han ge!” Yixing waved back, equally excited.

The two hugged and laughed. “Lets get going to Baekhyun’s apartment. Some of the kids are already there.”

“Wait for me!” A voice called behind them. The two turn around to see Zitao with his Gucci luggage.

“Zitao!” The two grinned. The three went for an embrace before heading out the airport to catch a taxi.

Lu Han handed the driver the address to the others’ apartment and began animatedly chatting with the other two.

“I can’t wait to see the others again!” Zitao squeaked.

“I know. I want to see if Jonginnie’s dance skills are still good.”

“I want bubble tea with Sehunnie and I want to play soccer with Baozi.”

They all caught up with each other, talking about what they’ve been doing for the past five years.

“We’re here!” The driver announced. Yixing paid the driver and the three looked at the apartment complex in front of them.

Zitao said, chuckling. “Reminds me of our dorms.” 

They entered the building and walked into the elevator. 

“Guys, I’m nervous.” Lu Han fidgeted with his suitcase. “We haven’t seen them in years, and my Korean is rusty.”

The other two agreed.

“Apartment 512.”

They could hear screaming and yelling inside the apartment. “How typical.” Yixing laughed.

“I wonder who’s already here.” Zitao rang the door bell.

“Coming!”

The door swung open and revealed Baekhyun, who screamed and welcomed the Chinese members in.

“Baozi!” Lu Han dropped his suitcase and tackled the said man.

“Han-ah!” Minseok groaned, on the floor.

Zitao immediately jumped on to Baekhyun’s back. “Hyung! You’re mean for lying to me like that.”

Yixing rolled his eyes and laughed and started talking to the others on the sofa.

“Hyung, you need to visit my dance studio some time!” Jongin grinned, his eyes twinkling. 

“Okay, so Kyungsoo should be coming soon. Then Sehunnie and Yi Fan hyung.”

The eight of them sat around and began talking about their jobs and what they’ve been doing. Lu Han wouldn’t let go of Minseok. He clung onto the man like his life depended on it. “Baozi I missed you so much.” He sighed. This caused him to chuckle. “I missed you too, Hannie.”

“Hey, Park Chanyeol.” Yixing said.

“Yes, hyung.” Chanyeol gave him his signature Happy Virus smile.

“Code Red, huh?”

Yixing then jumped onto Chanyeol who began to scream. “I’m sorry hyung! I’m sorry!”

A familiar yell silenced everyone. They turned their attention the door, where Kyungsoo stood, his eyes wide open. “What did you guys do? This house is a mess!”

They all began laughing; this was just like the old days.

“Hyung!” Jongin flew over to Kyungsoo and attacked him with a bear hug.

“Hi, Jonginnie!” 

“Kyungsoo! Make us kimchi spaghetti!”

Kyungsoo let go of Jongin and glared at everyone. “No!”

Gasps were heard throughout the room. “How dare you, Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes. 

“I plan on making the spaghetti tomorrow, for hyung’s birthday. And even if I weren’t, I would most definitely not make it for you guys today. Look at this mess!”

“I haven’t been nagged like this in forever.” Baekhyun moaned.

Suitcases were carelessly thrown all over the place, and wrappers and empty bags of snacks littered the coffee table. There were dirty dishes in the sink and well… the house hasn’t been vacuumed or mopped in weeks. It was a big mess.

The guys all stood up and got to work as Kyungsoo stood there, hands on his hips, his left foot tapping the floor.

Zitao moved all the suitcases into the spare room while Yixing picked up the trash. Lu Han cleaned the dishes while Chanyeol began vacuuming the apartment.

“Jongdae-hyung! Clean the kichen! Minseok hyung, you clean the bathroom.”

“Why me?!” Minseok whined even though he was already headed into the hallway.

“Jongin, you’re going to mop and Baekhyun-ah, you’re going grocery shopping with me.”

“Yes, umma.”

“I want this house spotless when Baekhyun and I come back!”

Everyone heaved a sigh.

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Sehun ran towards the tall Chinese man, and held onto his arm.

“Sehunnie, it’s you!” Yi Fan grinned, patting the younger one on the head.

The two walked out of Incheon airport. “I think we’re the last ones to arrive.”

“It’s because we’re the farthest from Korea.” Yi Fan answered in English.

“I know! I can’t wait to see everyone again.” Sehun nodded, also in English.

When the two English speaking members arrived, the door was wide open. They walked in to see everyone lying around the sofa and the floor.

Yi Fan raised an eye brow. “What happened?”

Jongdae lifted his head up. “Kyungsoo made us clean.”

Sehun snickered. “Thank god, hyung and I came last.”

In the kitchen, Yixing and Kyungsoo was cooking. “Oh Sehun, do you want to eat?” Kyungsoo jokingly threatened. 

“Yes, hyung.” He pouted.

“Sehuna!” Lu Han jumped on the boy and hugged him.

“Okay,” Minseok feigned sadness, “I see. When it was just me, you were right by my side, and now that Sehun is here, you’re going to abandon me.”

That night, they all sat around the living room eating the food that Kyungsoo and Yixing made, talking, joking around and planning evil things to do to Joonmyun the next day.

haha, I hoped you like the update! Please wait for part two~