Chapter 3

My Oppa, My Hyung

“Ugh, my head,” the man groggily arisen from his bed shuffling to the kitchen, “I need a beer.” The sound of a fresh opened can of Budweiser can be heard throughout the small kitchen. As he takes several gulps, his children enter the room sleep still evident in their eyes.

“Appa, what’s for breakfast?” his youngest child yawned out holding his teddy bear in one hand while the other rubbed his eyes.

The father glares at his two children, the image of his wife flashes before his eyes. Why? Why did they have to have the exact appearance as his wife? Why must he be tortured into seeing their faces every day and be constantly reminded of the deceased? His children unwittingly bug their father with their very presence just because they looked so much like their mother that he immediately turned his attention on taking his anger and frustration out on them.

“You want breakfast? You hungry? Then go look in the fridge!” He raised his voice scaring the children slightly.

“N-ne,” Hongki took his baby brother to the fridge and began searching for something to eat. He took out bread, peanut butter, jam and piled it on his short arms heading toward the kitchen counter. He dragged a chair to the edge of the counter and began to prepare a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

The father sat down on a chair opening his fourth beer. It was only nine in the morning and their father was already drunk up to his ; he has been drinking since yesterday and not caring if his children ate or not did not stop him from continuing his binge drinking.

“Ssshiiit..I’moutf…bbeeer…Eun Ae go get beer!” He slurred barely able to stay on the chair. “EUN AE GET BEER!! Where is that dam no gooder?!” The father slammed his fist down on the wood table causing an echo to be heard and the children to jump for the lack of a beer in his hand.

“Umma…umma is gone…appa…” Hongki quietly answered his father’s question as he cut the sandwich in half so his baby brother was able to eat it.

“What?! That left?! Heh. Good riddance! Who needs her!” The father abruptly stood up swaying. “YOU!” he pointed to his eldest son,“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!! BOTH OF YOU LOOK SO MUCH LIKE YOUR MOTHER! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY?! HUH!” He yelled at his children, his anger increasing every second as he stares at his two lovely children.

“N-no appa…” Hongki gulps afraid of what his father was going to do. He has never seen this side of his father before; it was unbelievable that such a nice, sweet kind man- the same man that read him bedtime stories and played with him- was cable of acting out in violence.

The father growled, agitated by his son’s reply. “DON’T TALK BACK TO ME BOY!!” He slapped his son hard across the face; his cheek burned red as the mark was visible from a distance. The mere sound of the father’s back hand against his son’s skin echoed as it intensified with every blow.

Mir’s crying was increased as well; which aggravated him further. “YOU WANT SOME OF THIS TOO?!” The father stepped toward the youngest that became cornered between two green cabinets; helpless and scared, holding his precious teddy bear.

As the father raised his hand, Mir closed his eyes ready for what was to come. SMACK! The sound was loud and harsh but no pain came after it. Mir slowly opened one eye to notice that a body was in front of him. “O-oppa…” He quietly sniffled.

Hongki turned around and smiled warmly at his younger brother; his face was completely bruised with open cuts. “It’s okay Mir, oppa is here. There is nothing to be afraid of.” He gently wrapped his arms around Mir who was still shaken up. “I promise to protect you.”


Ello potatoe lol :P yeah I had this ch done a long time ago but I never posted it D: sorry about that ^^; hope you like -MinniMoon