Chapter 2

My Oppa, My Hyung

“Oppa~” the boy pokes the elder that was laying on top of the bed, half his body hanging out on the edge. “Oppa wakey, wakey~” again the young adolescent pokes his brother, this time harder with more force.

“YAH! WAKE UP!” the boy grabs the pillow from the floor hitting his brother right on his sleeping face.

“YAH! WHY DID YOU HIT ME?!” The elder jumps up falling to the floor and touches his face as an instinctive reaction to being hit.

His brother giggles and smiles cutely, “yay, oppa is awake!” Hongki groans getting up heading towards the bathroom. The younger one sits on the edge of the bed staring at his brother’s back noticing freshly made scars and older ones reopened. The boy sighs; he hated seeing his oppa injured, especially if it’s for him.

“Mir-ah, aren’t you late for school?” Hongki comes out brushing his teeth. Mir giggles at the sight of his brother, “Oppa looks like a rabid animal and ani I just came from school.” The elder went to wash his mouth and came back to the room.

“Eh? Really? What time is it?”

“It’s going to be five.” The youngest swings his legs humming lightly.

“FIVE?! I slept that long?!” The boy panics a bit.

Mir giggles more getting off the bed to grab the first aid kit from the drawer of the nightstand, a daily routine that has been going on since he could remember. “Hongki oppa is funny. Come on it’s time to address your wounds.” Mir signals his brother to sit on the bed.

“Mir, you don’t have to do it. I’m fine.” Hongki hates for his brother to see his tormented body; however, he argues little and lets him dress his wounds because it makes him feel useful. His brother glazes antibiotic on the cuts causing Hongki to twitch from the stinging pain.

“Mian oppa.”

“Ani, it doesn’t hurt.”

Mir keeps on dressing the wounds in silence; often it was done in muteness, neither one would dare to speak through this process. “Done!” Mir happily chirps putting everything back in its initial place and goes to wash his hands while his brother puts on a shirt.

“Thanks.” Hongki gets ready for his dreadful day to begin.

“Oppa, are you hungry? You should eat before you leave. I’ll make you something!” Mir starts for the door but was stopped, “Ani Mir, I’m fine. I’ll get something later. Just stay here and do your homework arrasso.”

Mir pouts crossing his arms, “but oppa-

“No buts, you have to do your homework. Remember, school-

“School is the most important thing and I should always give it my best.” Mir finishes the sentence from memory. “Ne oppa I know, I know.”

Hongki gives his younger sibling a kiss on his forehead, “okay. I’ll be going now. I’ll be back later so don’t wait for me.” He grabs his belonging heading toward the door, “don’t open the door to no one and study hard.”

“Come back safe oppa,” when the door clicks shut, “please.”