Part 2

(One-Shot) My Favourite Guy

(Before the celebration)
 

He remembers being pulled to a smaller conference room. He was seated on one of the comfortable black chairs.
 

"Jongdae-ah... What do you think of Sehun?" the management head asks.
 

"Hmm.. The youngest... Good-looking. He's good in dancing, I really envy him. Oh, he has a cute lisp. Why, sir?" Jongdae wanted to know the reason...
 

"Ok, what about Luhan? The Chinese trainee?"
 

"He's a good singer and he dances well too~ He definitely seems fit to the T as the visual of EXO-M... Oh, he's pretty and pretty easy-going~" Jongdae replies honestly.
 

"Now, tell me what you know about them together; as friends, or as..lovers."
 

Jongdae pulls back his breath, choke and started a coughing fit at that question. 'Lovers? Luhan hyung and Sehunnie are together?!'
 

"Sir, I don't get what you mean... They are just really good friends."
 

"We do not wish to see any trainees dating anyone, same-gender relationship in this case." and Jongdae laughs. "How could it be possible, sir?"
 

"It's better to be safe than sorry, Jongdae-ah; if you get what I meant." a hand was placed on his shoulder, giving him a firm squeeze before patting.
 

After a while, he catches the hint. The heads wanted him to exchange places with Sehun.
 

With no other choice in hand, Jongdae could only go along with the flow.

 


 

 

(After celebration, morning)
 

"Kim Jongdae has decided to switch with Oh Sehun. It's approved, that's all. Rest well and good luck." everyone merely bow slightly to acknowledge the official representative who came over to the dorm they were given.
 

He left after that and everyone in the living room turn their attention to Jongdae.
 

Sehun was rendered speechless for moments before he scans the room for Jongdae.
 

"Hyung? What happened? Why aren't I in EXO-M?" his voice was filled with anger and curiosity. Usually, the youngest would get all fired up; but this time, Luhan had held onto his hand firmly, as if telling him to calm down and talk properly.
 

"I have decided to be in EXO-M."
 

The others waited for more. Everyone knows by heart what the results meant.
 

The ones in EXO-K, they are supposedly the better ones of the twelve (only concentrating on one talent) so they could appeal better.
 

The twelve of them knew who sings well; namely Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Joonmyeon. They also know who raps well; Chanyeol and who dances the best; JongIn. They were the perfect combination of purely one talent.
 

The ones in EXO-M are those of multi-talented trainees; namely Luhan who sings and dances well, Sehun who dances well and raps, Minseok who dances well and sings, Yixing who sings and dances well, Zitao who raps and dances well-and not to forget, knows wushu. Last but not lest, Kevin(Kris) who's able to rap and be the visual of the group.
 

(Eh...this is just for the story, don't be offended. Luhan sings really well and Xiumin is definitely a vocal because he won a singing competition.)
 

"I like being EXO-M." Jongdae simply said with an air of finality.
 

'Nonsense! Why would someone so talented and a Korean nevertheless wants to be in the Chinese subunit?'
 

'Why? Why would Jongdae hyung do this?'
 

'Jongdae has the potential to be a Korean solo, why is he...'
 

'Jongdae-ah... What happened?'
 

(I heard a rumor going around about Chen's choice of joining EXO-M was on his free will because he appreciates the Chinese culture.)
 

"Guys, let's not forgot the fact that we are actually one group. Remember our motto? We are ONE! So it shouldn't matter who's in which subunit because at the end of the day, we are one group; EXO from EXOPLANET. Right?"
 

Wise leader Suho, wise.
 

Sehun could only nod his head, eyes filled with disappointment; and that made Jongdae even more guilty.

 


 

 

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. "Jongdae hyung!" and ran over to the shorter guy.
 

"Oh, Yeol." ah, the way my name rolls off his tongue, smooth like Baekhyun; maybe just much smoother. "I was wondering..if hyung is sober and not having any hangovers..."
 

"I'm fine, I guess." he watch as the older touch himself at the forehead and cheeks before smiling. "About yesterday night..."
 

"Oh right, I have to bring these pills to Kris ge. Talk to you later, Yeol~" and he disappears into the room he shares with the M-leader.
 

The avoiding game starts; whenever Chanyeol wants a word with his hyung, Jongdae would alway use household chores as an excuse. It's like he became Kyungsoo umma #2.
 

Chanyeol does not understand. When he kissed the older man, there was no violent reaction. He thought that he understood. Apparently, Jongdae did not seem to have wanted to remember what happened the night before.
 

'Why would he suddenly want to be in EXO-M? Doesn't he know that he deserves to be in EXO-K? Argh!' Chanyeol gulps down the entire can of coke.
 

 


 

 

In a blink of an eye, EXO finished both their debut showcases in Korea and China.
 

Given one week break, EXO slept all they could before heading everywhere else like shopping or just hanging out as twelve.
 

During those 7 days, Jongdae had been thinking. Especially Baekhyun's confession, Luhan hyung and Sehunnie's relationship..and..that.
 

Jongdae can't help but rack his brain over and over, wanting to figure out why hasn't he react to it.
 

It.
 

The kiss.
 

From Chanyeol.
 

A guy.
 

Could it be because Chanyeol wasn't sober then?
 

A larger part of him wished he had pushed Chanyeol away..yet a tiny part of him regretted not kissing back-but no, he's straight as a ruler...
 

Tsk tsk.
 


 

Happy Virus Park Chanyeol really lives up to his nickname; always spreading his happiness everywhere he goes. In fact, if everyone were to pick an ideal member to spend a day on a deserted island, they would all pick Chanyeol. (Other than Kris who would choose XiuMin because baozi XiuMin can be eaten. /face palms/)

Jongdae would never doubt Chanyeol's ability as EXO's mood maker because he was already one before he joined the company, that is other than leader Suho.
 

It felt like Chanyeol doesn't have a limit when it comes to his energy level. The rapper is bursting with joy whenever and wherever.
 

Therefore when the rapper clings onto him 24/7-leaving Baekhyun lost and upset, Jongdae finds himself very very guilty of the attention.
 

 


 

 

On their 6th night, Jongdae tells Baekhyun to go for it; to confess to Chanyeol. He also promises to not judge and support them whole-heartedly.
 

Baekhyun nods and gratefully hugs Jongdae.
 

 


 

 

Time passed fast (Even when Zitao tried to use his power to freeze time...), EXO-M find themselves at the airport; sending their other half, EXO-K off. A week of break ended and promotion kicks off the next day.
 

 


 

Chanyeol drops himself on the bed. He wasn't feeling well, he wasn't feeling it. All he had been doing for the past month was torturous. He can't believe how much he needed his hyung by his side. He never knew, till they were really apart.
 

Like Sehun, Chanyeol finds himself disinterested in everything..even though he gave his best smiles and services to fans and cameras.
 

 


 

The 2 parent-like members pushed Baekhyun to the door.
 

What, Baekhyun mouths.
 

"Go figure out why our happy virus is acting like that, will you hyung?" Kyungsoo pats Baekhyun's before Joonmyeon-Suho knocks the door on his behalf.
 

"Who's there?"
 

"It's me, Baek. Can I enter?"
 

"Yeah, sure..anything..." that last word made Baekhyun frown.
 

 


 

 

"So... What's up, Baek?" Chanyeol's voice sounded dead tired and unmotivated.
 

"What's wrong with you? Why do you seem so depressed for the past month?" Baekhyun places his hand over the other's, his concerned voice relieving some of Chanyeol's stress.
 

"Ah... I mis-nothing... Just nothing, Baek. I will be fine... Just leave me alone..."
 

"Tell me, won't you? Aren't we friends?

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Look Chanyeol, I think..."
 

"I'm in love, hyung..."
 

"Wi-with..?" Baekhyun held back his breath. He was about to mentally hug Jongdae...
 

"Chen hyung... I'm in love with him, hyung..." Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair, exhaling. "I..i even kissed him... That night when we drank..."
 

"Oh..." The older's eyes went back to his hands to hide his disappointment. 'So I was the third wheel of the relationship... I wonder if Jongdae did this to embarrass me...'
 

"You won't judge me right, hyung? You will give me your blessings right? After all that we have gone through..."
 

"I will never. I..I think Kyungsoo is calling me. I will go..." and went for the door.
 

With a smile and a less-burdened heart, Chanyeol closes his eyes and slept soundly.
 

"So how was it?" Baekhyun turn to the direction of the voice; Suho.
 

"He..he says-"
 

"Does it have anything to do with Jongdae hyung?" Kyungsoo appears from the kitchen with a platter of sliced fruits. The leader smiled and went over for a piece of orange.
 

Baekhyun nods and made his way to the game room.
 

 


 

 

EXO-M returns to Korea for joint performances with their counterpart EXO-K.
 

And this would mean that Chanyeol gets to see his Chen hyung~
 

Like a happy puppy with its wagging tail, Chanyeol couldn't help but join puppy number one, Oh Sehun at the gates. They were not bothered by the screams from the fans around them.
 

A tall blonde head, together with a seemingly equal in height tall black head appeared among the back of a sea of people. It was then followed by a gold-brown head who seems to be skipping with another brown head wearing a neck pillow, leaving two shorter black heads together at the back.
 

One of the shorter black heads had a Harry Potter-inspired glasses on.
 

The sea of people made way and fans started screaming. They have arrived!
 

EXO-M have finally landed in Korea!
 

It took the two puppies, once unleashed, 10 seconds to throw their arms around their respective owners..
 

Chen Potter, as fans nickname him with those glasses, had his eyes squinted to identify the familiar voice calling out his name when his kissed the floor.
 

On the other hand, Sehunnie landed safe and sound in the arms of his hyung, Luhan and they began walking to the vans.
 

Chanyeol helped his hyung up and dragged him by the wrist to walk faster than Luhan and Sehun; who rolled their eyes at his childish move.
 

 


 

 

"What?! He told you that?!"
 

Baekhyun nods, head lowered ever since the start of the conversation.
 

"Don't take this to heart, that kiss don't mean anything to me at all." somehow that line doesn't feel as smooth as Jongdae thought it would be, that it's all in his mind.
 

"Really..? But it seems to meant alot to him, I think he really likes you..."
 

"No way~ He was drunk and thought I was a girl or something. You know..drunkards' actions are never logical." Jongdae exhales, adjusting his fringe. 'Why am I even trying to explain something like this?'

 



 

For every break they took, Chanyeol will grab the nearest object and offer it to Jongdae. Or use any chance to compliment him.
 

"Chen hyung, use my towel!"
 

"Chen hyung, why don't you put on these?"
 

"Chen hyung, let me help you adjust your hair!"
 

"Chen hyung, your voice is really awesome!"
 

"Chen hyung, your dancing has really improved!"
 

"Chen hyung, have a sip of.." Chanyeol tilted his head at the half-filled waterbottle
 

"Chanyeol hyung! That's my bottle! Stop taking mine or Kyungsoo hyung's! Offer yours instead!" Dancing machine Kai walks over to snatch it away.
 

 


 

 

Before Chanyeol knew it, EXO's M-counterpart has to leave Korea to continue with their Chinese promotions.

 

Jongdae wasn't sure of how he should be feeling since it will probably be the last time they are meeting up to perform as ot12 before their next comeback, but one thing he's sure of was that Chanyeol isn't pestering him like he did for the time they were together.
 

He eyes the tall happy virus standing together with his height buddy. "Chanyeol-ah, what's wrong?"
 

"I'm fine, I will be fine. Thanks for the concern, Kris hyung." stealing glances of Jongdae before offering a hug to all of the M-members.
 

Chanyeol obviously hugged his Chen hyung the longest, till Kris had to pull them apart with the help of Tao.

 

 



 

 

After what seemed like a month without their cellphones, the manager finally returns the phones to EXO-M.
 

What kind of rule states that all electronic devices must not be in the hands of EXO members, especially when the schedule is full? Well, SM's.
 

Jongdae slides his thumb across designated area and came face to face with a pop-up to notify him of 12 unread messages:
 

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"Chen!^_^ I heard caps in China are good and cheap; ship me some will you?^_^;;;"

 


'Ah... He wants made-in-China caps...'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"Hyung!^^ Baekhyun didn't share his snacks! >:( I hate it when people don't share good food with me! :( It's your favorite too, you know~^_~"

 


'Eh? Isn't he on a diet? Tsk~'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"Jongdae-ah~ Are messages over in China more expensive as compared to Korea? Please reply me! Here's an expensive emoticon: <3"

 


'Yes, it is expensive but much cheaper than calls... And what? Emoticon?!'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"Nooooooooooooooo! ;( I just got embarrassed by Suho hyung! ;/ He told everyone that I cross-dressed and now that picture is everywhere! T-T I'm gonna send you a copy too, incase you're too busy to find~8D"

Attached image: exochanyeolcrossdressing.jpg

 


'/facepalms/ What is wrong with him..I do not want to see that image..! Ah, Chanyeol...'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"Chen! Is it true that you can't receive my facebook, twitter notifications and even these messages?=o I miss you, hyung...=|"

 


'I can't receive anything at all... I don't even own an iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab...'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"Jongdae-ah... ;; I cried tonight... ;;  I miss you... ;; I broke down... ;; I need you by my side... ;; It has been 2 months without you... ;; I'm going to send you 3 hearts okay? ;;"

 


'What...'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"<3"

 


One...

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"<3"

 

 •
Two...

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"3"

 


'Eh? Why is it a broken heart?'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"I wish you were EXO-K... >_<"

 


'I wish I was too... But I'm equally happy in EXO-M too!'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"The last heart was on purpose. I ing love you. U_U"

 


'Yah! How dare he curse! This giant baby...'

 

To: Chen hyung <3
From: Chanyeollie

"Why can't I be someone you love? @_@ Why does things have to be so hard? ;~; Why is it wrong to love? I hate myself... ;;;;;;;;"
 


'Love..?'
 •
 

 

'Aish, why is he messaging me like a sick puppy? Chanyeol-ah... Why are you doing this to yourself?' Jongdae's heart felt like someone had soaked it into lemon juice; clenching.
 

He tried to reason out; I have let Baekhyun down, I can't let Chanyeol down. So no way I'm accepting whatever feelings he's throwing at me. I'm straight, I'm into..older girls. Nonsense, why would I want to date girls... What? I mean, why wouldn't I want to not date girls? I'm sane, i'm Kim Jongdae. Keep calm and continue singing.
 

A knock on the door broke Jongdae's train of thoughts. He looks up to Kris's amused face.
 

"Yes, Kris ge?"
 

"Admit it, Chenchen. You miss him too right? You're acting just like how Luhannie would be whenever he's alone; all sick and lonely. Like a pathetic.."
 

"Shut up, duizhang... I'm straight."
 

"Yeah, straight like how a drunkard would claim he could walk." Kris scoffs.
 

"Argh! Of course you're not like this... Your kungfu panda is always with you. Geez hyung, go away!"
 

"What? Why? Did your Happy Virus stop messaging you? Just admit it, you're in love with that giant baby~"
 

"Fine! Fine! I have..I guess..some..no alittle feeling.."
 

"Ah ha! I should have record it down!"
 

"No! Wait! It's just, I feel weird without his messages to wake up to and sleep with... That is, before the company confisca..."
 

"That's love." Kris dead-panned. (A/N: Since when were you a love guru, Kris? Haha!)
 

"No! But..i can't imagine how the company would react to this..."
 

"That's stupid. Why would the company be involved in your love life?"
 

"I..." Jongdae stammers. "HunHan..."
 

"I see... You were asked to switched when the company suspected about Luhannie and Sehunnie... As expected, we all thought so too."
 

"What?"
 

"You're slow for someone so smart. Give him a call if you really miss him. See you at practice later~"

 



 

Hours later...
 

"You're late for practice, Kim Jongdae! Don't try to give me that time difference as an excuse again. Get your over to the room now!" the rapid firing of Korean on the other line made Jongdae groan after hanging up.
 

"Fine.. I will just send him a message instead of calling..."
 

"...."
 

"The number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable, please try again later. The number you are..." and Jongdae cuts it off.
 

To: Chanyeollie
From: Jongdae Kim :)

Call me.
 

And takes off at full speed to the dance studio.

 



 

"Chanyeol hyung! You have a miss call! It looks like a number from China!" Mentioned EXO member made a mad man dash and dive down onto his bed for his phone. He checked, read and immediately dialed back to the number.
 

"On second thought, it looks like Luhannie hyung's China phone number! Give it to me!" Sehun bounced up and down, in attempt to snatch the taller's phone.
 

"Stop jumping, Sehunnie! You have to stop growing!" Suho, the shortest in the group had his arms around the youngest.
 

Within 3 rings, it got picked up but nobody greeted.

 

(A/N: It goes like this: Chen>Chanyeol>Chen>Chanyeol)

 

"..."

 

"If you're not going to speak up, I will hang up now." 2 pair of eyes were directed to Chanyeol. He flinches slightly at the remained silence and heads to the balcony.
 

 

"Wait, Yeol!"
 

 

"Yes?"
 

 

"This..."
 

 

"..."
 

 

"..."
 

 

"I'm going to hang up. It hurts to hear your voice, hyung." Chanyeol bites his lips to hold back any more words.
 

 

"No! Wait! Yeollie!"
 

 

"Yeollie? That's rare, hyung."
 

 

"Yeollie, look..." Don't tell me he's really expecting me to look at him when we're on the phone.
 

 

"..."
 

 

"I can't see, hyung. We are on the line, just so you know."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Ha-ha. Park Chanyeol."
 

 

"Yes, Kim Jongdae hyung? Why didn't you reply my messages?" Chanyeol had a smile plastered on his face.
 

 

"... Because I didn't want to..?"
 

 

"Mehlong! You're such a jerk, hyung. I hate you."
 

 

"..."


 

"..."

 

"I'm sorry about that..."
 

 

"It's ok, I have heard from Kris hyung already."
 

 

"About..?"
 

 

"How you miss my messages..and that's good enough..."
 

 

"..."
 

 

"..."
 

 

"God, we have spoke for 2 hours already! My phone bill, Yeol!"
 

 

"More like we kept quiet for an hour and half. Hey, I'm curious... Did you regret leaving K for M?"
 

 

"No. It's still music and I'm still singing right? Also, we are one right?" Jongdae heard a stifle of laughter on the other line.
 

The famous quote by leader Suho, whenever we fight.

 

"That's right, hyung... That's right."

 

'Seeing how you're singing most of the lines, I think it's better for you to be in M. I don't want to hear you grumble like leader hyung...' Chanyeol's thoughts wander.
 

 

"You know what? The next time you come over to China, I will bring you around the city and buy you caps ok?"
 

 

"Thanks hyung... Is that my answer?"
 

 

"To be honest, you were my favorite guy too, Yeol... Till you decided to kiss me..." Chen eyes the picture of the 92-line took during Coming of Age Day. 'More of when I hear Baekhyun's confession before that kiss..and even helped him confess.. I feel so horrible now and it's all Park Chanyeol's fault. That giant baby.'
 

 

"What about now, Chenchen hyung?"
 

 

"Hmm.. Let's say my favorite boyfriend..how does that sound?"
 

 

"Too good to be true but sounds awesome, but how many boyfriends do you have, hyung?"
 

 

"Ten boy-friends and one boyfriend. Guess his name~"
 

 

"Kim Minseok hyung?"
 

 

"What?!"
 

 

"There's always interaction when I see the two of you on television..."
 

 

"Yah, Park Chanyeol!"
 

 

"Ok, you just called his name out loud right?"
 

 

"..." but Jongdae was smiling.
 

 

"I get it, I love you too, Chenchen."
 

 

"I will see you soon, Yeollie."
 

 

"See you soon, Chenchen."
 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Yah."

 

"I love you again, hyung~" Jongdae lets out an irritated exhale from Chanyeol's deep sing-song voice.
 

 

"Fine, Chenchen sounds better." Chanyeol laughed, he had imagined his hyung pouting.
 

 

"Ne~"
 

 

"Don't get your hopes sky high, i didn't confess any feelings anything, Chanyeol-ah."

'Even though I realised why I had called you my favourite guy too initially...' Jongdae glance down at the 92-line photo.
 

 

"I felt your love, Chenchen. The next time you see me, sing What is Love and I will kiss you to show you What is Love." there was silence but Jongdae shivers at the signature right eye twitch Chanyeol has whenever he smiles too widely.
 

 

"Err..."
 

 

"...? Silence means consent, so I will be waiting for it, Chenchen~"
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Damn it."
 

 

My hyung has finally become My Favorite Guy

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I might have disappoint but this is finally done! I have been so busy with my internship but it's ending soon! So this will also mean i will be updating my other shots! Please look forward and i apologise for the long wait!