The Second Harassment

Problems to be solve

 

In the midst of all the chaos, a strong and clear voice stood out.

"Everyone, please calm down. I strongly believe that this is nothing but a small little joke. My apologies, but due to the sudden interruption, the celebration will end right now. Our people will be directing you out of the mansion. So, please do not worry."

It was Mrs Yan. As expected, she was calm and steady and she knew how to handle this crisis perfectly, without hurry.

Some of the lights, powered by the backup system, began to flicker and was very soon switched on. As many as one hundred security guards and another few hundred more helpers were leading the way out of the mansion. The performers, including myself, were directed to the waiting room. Still hooking with Ah Wei's arm, I nudged him and queried, "Why aren't we guided out too?"

"We won't be unless they find out who did it. After all, only we have access to the backstage."

"Weren't we performing when this happened?"

"Well, it is impossible for someone to do it alone."

Everyone was seated in the waiting room, including Qiao and Aaron. It was only after two hours, when the guest is dispersed completely, did Mr. and Mrs. Yan come into the room, bringing the police with them. We were told to seat separately and away from each other without communication. One by one, we were questioned on what we were doing and certain time of the day and our background was investigated. Ah Wei's dance group and myself were the last few people to be interrogated. Two males, dressed in proper uniform, sat in front of me and introduced themselves as Narumi L. Anju and Na dou. Narumi had cream coloured, slightly unkempt hair and soft ash grey eyes while Nadou’s tawny eyes were hard and sharp. His brown hair was unnaturally neat.

"Where were you at the time of the blackout?" Narumi quizzed gently.

"Playing the violin on the stage."

"Do you know anyone who has a grudge against the Yan family or heard anything about destroying the Yan family?"

"They are so rich. I'm so jealous!"

"Me too. I wonder if they have any ugly truths."

"I bet they do. Everyone has their own secrets."

"Did you see Aaron Yan? He's smoking hot!"

Hebe Tian and her friend. They are the violinists from the orchestra. I heard the conversation in the toilet, but I guess, it shouldn't be related.

"No."

"You're lying," barked Nadou. "I saw your eyes. You know something."

"I really don't."

"I see your future. You will have many complications with the Yan family after tonight's performance," Xiao Man, the magician, predicted.

"What? I do not believe in fortune telling, but thank you."

"Wait, you might need my help afterwards. Take my card."

"Really, I don't believe in this stuff."

"Trust me, the Yan family will not let you off."

"I really don't know anything."

"Did you see anyone in the control room behaving suspiciously?"

"Hey, Tong Tong, what are you doing in there?"

"Uh.. No- Nothing. I was called in he- here to ch- check the volume of my piano and see if I- I match well with the play. You know, I'm playing sound effects for the play."

She mentioned she was called to the control room.

"Ms Wu, your co-operation to this investigation is greatly appreciated and needed, please tell us what you know," Narumi urged.

"I really don't know anything at all."

However, at this time, I was not sure if I really did not know anything at all.


Aaron's POV

"Hello."

"What do you want?"

The voice was computerized and did not sound like a normal human being.

"Don't be so smug, Aaron Yan. Your family will be receiving a very wonderful gift, this Christmas."

The caller hung up abruptly. Immediately, I tried tracing where the call came from but it ended up that it was from a public phone.

"Aaron, who is it?"

"Someone who is going to send us something special."

"From a public phone?"

I nodded. For these few days, Mum and Dad had warned us against telling anyone anything and had wanted us to tell them everything we had done. Qiao had looked very nervous these few days and I suspect that she had done something unforgivable. Her eyes had begged me not to say anything. I trust the mum had smelled a rat already though.

Within a few minutes, the doorbell rang annoyingly and a parcel was delivered to our house. The parcel went through a check to make sure there was no bomb inside then, it was delivered to the living room. Our family gathered there as the parcel revealed to be containing a CD. Qiao looked extremely worried. She was perspiring profusely, playing with her fingers and fidgeting on her seat. Mum eyed her distrustfully. She played the tape on CD player.

The video was clear, and there were no evidence that the CD had been tampered with. It showed Qiao stealing. She was standing in front of the shelves. The time was two weeks before at 2.43am. Stealthily, Qiao took jewelries - a 10k gold chain, a ten carats diamond, many silver accessories and lots of many different rare ores. The shop owner, apparently was not at the counter and the staff was busy in the toilet. I gave Qiao a look. It must her her friend's doing and suggestion.

At the end of the video, large words printed across the television screen.

I am sure you do not want this to be broadcasted on the news. I am sure it will not only bring down Qiao's reputation, but also the Yan family and the Okihi HQ. If you want to keep this a secret then, you better to prepare to pay US 1 Billion Dollars.

Mum glared daggers at Qiao. Qiao could not lift up her face to face mum.

"I- It- I- It was my friend's-"

"We know, don't bother," I cut her short.

"We have no choice but to-"

"No, don't pay the money!"

"I do not intend to, Qiao. Right now, we have to change the heir taking over the company and look into the owner of this video."


THE TAIWAN TIMES

HOT BREAKING NEWS: THE OKIHI HQ IS CHANGING THEIR HEIR TO AARON YAN

[Picture] [Picture]

Aaron Yan...Qiao Yan

Age: ... 25 ... 21 ...

Height:... 1.83m ... 1.61m ...

Highest Education:... xxxxxxxx... xxxxxxxxx...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

What's this sudden decision to change a new heir? Is it because of the freaky message on the celebration? Or maybe, it's just a change of heart? Next page to find out more...

Early morning, there was a cry from one of the maids in the house as she rushed with the golden newspaper. Mum received it from her and read it. She left the newspaper on the coffee table as she went to make a call. Then, it was my turn to read. I placed the newspaper back on the coffee table as I took a bite on my ham and cheese sandwich after I finished reading. Qiao took the newspaper from the coffee table. Quietly, she put it back and did not touch her breakfast at all. Dad sighed and spoke, "Don't worry, we will solve this. It's not that big a problem."

We all knew that it was that big a problem. Our company's reputation made sure our company thrive and make money. If our reputation's down, then it must be the work of our rival companies. I did not believe that this was just a case of normal blackmailing. Somebody is behind all this. After all, why would a shop owner make so much effort to hack in to out PA System on the celebration night. Our blackmailer could have just send it to us.

"Get ready, kids. We're going to meet the media."

Just as we were ready to leave, mum's phone rang. After taking the call, she announced, "Change of venue. We are going to meet our blackmailer."


We met up with our private investigator in a secluded area where most properties were under our name and where it was impossible for the media to follow us. The private investigator remained masked but we were friends with him. Besides that, I heard that he used to be dad's friend. So, he was completely reliable. He took a stack of papers, relating to the blackmailer, the blackmailer's family, friends, working area, job and many more. Then, he showed us the pictures of people mentioned in the stack of papers.

Mum quickly grabbed a photo, her eyes widened in surprise but then, she squinted, out of fury and disgust.

"Gui Gui Wu."