Talk About Relationships

Crimson Lotus

Note: Since this all the conversations in this chapter are in English i won't change the color so it won't be and overload of orange.

 

Vera walks into her room, the one that she is sharing with her cousin. She looks around to make sure that Chiyo wasn’t in the room. When the cost was clear she locks the door and sits on her little bed with her legs crossed.

She pulls her phone and goes through her contacts till she gets to the person she wanted to call. She presses the call button and presses the phone to her ear.

She waits a few seconds till she hears a familiar voice on the other end.Yo!” Abbie answers. Vera smiles at her best friend’s voice making her miss Abbie even more.

Hello!” Vera begins, “oh boy do I have a lot to tell you.

She tells Abbie about her kind of promised she made with Kai. Abbie gasps at the other end, saying, “Geez, Vera you always get yourself into these kinds of messes!

Please I need your help!” Vera begs. “If you ever meet someone as sweet and as cute as Kai you would do the same for him.

Abbie sighs, “Ok I’ll help. But first off is he hot?

Vera pauses for a minute and thinks back to his facial features. She thinks of his pink kissable lips. ‘How does he keep them so pink?she asks herself, putting a finger over her own lips. She also thinks about his clear white skin. ‘This guy is just blessed with good looks!’ She thought angrily because she works so hard to keep her skin clean and white.

Then her thoughts wonder to two things that she has found odd about him. First was his voice. It was so deep and manly that it just didn’t seem right for someone of that height, even though she shouldn’t be talking because she was shorted than him by two or three inches, to have that deep raspy voice. Then there were his eyes. Dark blue, now you don’t really see that color in Japanese eyes unless they have mixed blood.

Have I really looked at him that closely?’ she had to ask herself.

Vera clears , regretting thinking too much about him. “Other than him being a conceited, bullying, air polluting bastard. Then yes, I must painfully say that he is good looking or as you said ‘hot’.

She could hear Abbie clap her hands together. “Alright this is a good thing. At least he’s not a face.

Looks shouldn’t matter in a relationship.” Vera rolls her eyes and laughs.

Yes they don’t matter if you actually have feelings for the person and not trying to get revenge for a friend.” Abbie clicks her tongue.

Vera sighs heavily and rubs her temple, feeling a headache coming. “Yeah, yeah I know make me feel like crap why don’t you.

Abbie snickers, “hey I agreed to help you but you didn’t say that I couldn’t say my thoughts on it.

Yeah true and it’s really not getting revenge it’s more like finding out why they are doing that to Kai.” She says dryly, even though that wasn’t entirely true.

Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night.” Abbie giggled, “So tell me how your resent encounters with him were.

Vera puts her face in her hands thinking ‘Oh God!’ she sits up straighter and clears , “ok well the first time he tried to talk to me. I mean what an idiot, he didn’t even stop to think that maybe I didn’t understand Japanese, but lucky for him I do know but I just ended up ignoring him. Now that leaded to him saying that I was a cocky American and he tried to ‘teach me a lesson’ after school but knowing me I ran away because it was 3 to 1 and I wasn’t going to take on three guys.

Uh-huh go on!” Abbie gasped.

Then” Vera continues, “today when I told Kai my ‘secret’ we were in cooking class and we were backing a cake. I was talking to Kai, and then out of nowhere a ing egg hits me in the face! Well I turn around to see his eyes bugging out and his mouth hanging open like an idiot. He must have wanted to hit Kai or something. But anyways” she waves her hand in the air as if dismissing that thought, “the teacher see this and makes him take me to the nurses office. I walk out pissed because my face hurts and I feel my eyes watering up. I get a few steps ahead of him before he catches up to me and was trying to apologize but I wasn’t hearing it because I was so pissed off, you know.

Yeah I understand. So what happened next?” Abbie asks.

Well he got really mad and then he, ahem, he pinned me against the wall and was shouting something about ignoring him.” Vera could feel her cheeks get hot from thinking of the incident.

Abbie gasps, “damn it’s like you’re your life is a ing drama!

Ha! I wish it wasn’t. But anyways he was yelling and was really close to my face. That was scaring the hell out of me, so I did what any girl would do and kneed him in the balls…

Abbie starts laughing hysterically, “Oh my god! You didn’t really do that did you?!

She groans, “Yes, I really did. Oh also later on I was with Kai and Ruki and his friends   oh! I forgot to mention that he had a girlfriend… well at least I think she’s his girlfriend.” Vera laughs uncomfortably, scratching the back of her head.

 “God Vera are you serious?! Yeah I don’t think I can help you with this if there’s a ing girlfriend involved!” Vera could imagine Abbie shaking her pretty little blonde head back and forth with disapproval.

No way, you can’t just go back on your word, plus it’s not like she is one of the good guys either. Like today when Ruki showed up, she chased Kai and me around. I’m pretty sure she didn’t want to invite us over for tea and cookies.” Vera added to her defiance.

Even if she was walking around beheading little puppies and kittens and wearing their heads as a necklace” Vera winkles her nose at the picture that just popped in her head. “Still doesn’t give you the right to steal her boyfriend.”

Yeah I know that.” Vera hangs her head down in defeat. It was true no matter how evil someone is; they still don’t deserve to get their lover taken from right under their noses.

Ok since I DID promise that I would help you out, I’ll tell you this… if he wasn’t going out with anyone then I would have to say that you should get him alone in a room or something. Then use your y little body to seduce the out of him!” Abbie laughs on the other end obviously happy with her answer.

Vera couldn’t help but laugh as well. “That would be good advice if I was looking for a one night stand but you know that’s not going to cut it if I want him to ‘fall in love with me’.” she said the last words with an overly girly voice. “So darling I don’t think that’s going to happen.”

I guess you’re right. Hmm… then I guess you could always try the old fashioned way, try talking to him.” She pauses, and then adds with a bit of humor sprinkled on her words, “but that might not be such a good choice since you probably hurt his man pride with the ignoring and stuff and… his man hood with the kneeing and all. And don’t forget that he is also dating someone.” She sang the last sentence.

I guess I just have to wait for them to break up on their own?” Vera sighed.

Yeah that’s IF they break up before you leave.” Abbie adds smugly.

Does that mean I have to tell Kai that I can’t do if after all?” she pouted.

Yup!” Abbie didn’t miss a beat.

You Abbie, do you know that? But thanks for helping… kind of. Oh yeah that reminds me I was going to call my dad. So I guess I’ll call you with an update… if there is any.”

Ok please do and good luck you potential relationship wrecker!” Abbie giggled.

Thanks I feel the love best friend.” Vera hangs up and immediately calls her father.

He picks up on the third ring, “Green!

Vera frowns her eyebrows, “um what?

Her dad says, “You know how some people answer the phone saying yellow? Well I prefer green instead of yellow. So how are you sugar booger?

She cringes at her nickname. “I’m good just wanted to see if you’re still alive without me.”

I’m doing just fine.” He laughs.

Vera could imagine her dad flexing his muscles on the other end. The edges of her lips start to rise up into a grin. “So how are you liking the big J? Broken any hearts yet?

It’s very different than what I’m used to but it’s not that bad, I even made a fri  ” but she stopped herself before she lets the rest of the letters leave her lips. ‘Idiot! You can’t tell him that!’ she yelled at herself. Shaking her head she starts again, “No, I haven’t ‘broken’ anybody’s heart yet and shouldn’t you be saying that to a guy because guys are usually the ones doing the heart breaking.” She said that without thinking. Right when she realized what she said she puts her hand over and mentally slaps herself. ‘Idiot!

There’s an awkward clearing of the throat on the other end. Then her father asks, with all jokes aside, “how’s your mother doing?

She’s doing just fine.” Vera lied.

In actuality she’s just about the same as she was when they left for Japan. Still not caring for her appearance or even going out to look for a job. Vera tried to hint at helping her like saying ‘oh you would look so much prettier if you pulled your hair back and show off your nice brown eyes.’ Or ‘mom I’m bored let me do your makeup!’ but everything Vera tried were rejected by a wave of her hand. Even her cousin and aunt tried to help.

Her aunt had gone through this a few years back so she’s the one trying the hardest to at least get her to wear something other than sweat pants saying that she needs to find another man but she can’t do that wearing old sweat pants. Vera didn’t too much like the idea of her mother being with someone else all she really cared about was getting her up and running again. But that wasn’t going to happen if she didn’t want to change herself.

Come on darling if we don’t go now we’re going to be late for the dinner reservation.” Vera hears a woman’s voice on the other end. She shifts uncomfortably on her bed.

Well Vera I have to let you go now, we’ll talk later.”

Alright dad talk to you later.” She says in a shaky voice and hangs up. ‘So my suspicion was true, he already found someone new’ she thinks angrily, ‘all the men are pigs, even the ones that are supposed to protect you!’ she puts her phone on the bed. ‘Since all men are lowly animals it would make sense to save a fellow woman from their horrible heart breaking ways.’ She jumps out of bed and starts to pace back and forth around the room.

Even if she is a crazy , doesn’t mean she should go through that. So I’ll dedicate this to her and break them up! Vera didn’t even stop to think that that would still lead her to be heart broken.

So I can show at least one pig the pain of being heart broken and left behind like trash.

She stops walking and taps her finger on her chin, ‘but wait I don’t even know the first thing about having a boyfriend let alone getting one… should I just act like myself? Maybe act a little less y?’ she shakes her head, ‘no that wouldn’t work, I have to act like how his girlfriend acts and if that means acting like an idiot so be it!

----
A/N: Sorry if this chapter was boring. I promise that the next one will be better.