Eggs!!!

Crimson Lotus

Poster done by the wonderful kjackpot

-------

Vera stands in front of Ms. Y’s room, debating if she should do it today or not. She has been putting it off for two whole weeks. But she had to do it sometime or she would go crazy from the lack of someone else to talk to.

Nevertheless here she was still standing there with her hands sweating and her heart pounding like she was going to confess her love to someone. ‘Get a ing grip Vera!’ gripping her schoolbag handle. She breathes in and walks into the classroom just in time before the final bell rings.

She hurried to her set not looking up at Kai when he greets her. “Hi Vera, how are you today?” she gives him a half smile setting her things down and then quickly puts on her apron.

She looks at her hand balled up into fist not even listening to Ms. Y talk about what they are going to cook today, something dealing with baking.

Come on Vera, grow a pair!’ she closes her eyes tightly and purses her lips. She didn’t even notice when Kai got up and came back with the things they were going to need for the food.

She stares up at him. He was busy spreading the ingrates in the order that he was going to need them. When he was done he looks down at her and smiles. “I’m good thank you for asking Kai.” Vera finally replied.

Kai beams, “Oh! Your Japanese is getting so much better! I remember when you first got here you couldn’t even say this much.” He dumps flower into a measuring cup and holds it up to eye level. Then puts it into a bowl and breaks eggs on top of the flower and starts adding the rest of the ingredients. When he is done, she slides the bowl over to her and starts stirring it into dough. Over the weeks they had created a simple system of team work: Kai puts the ingredients together and Vera mixes or stirs them together. Then the both take turns cooking and watching the food bake.

When the dough becomes lump free she finally admits, “I’m half Japanese that’s why I good at it.” She looks at him.

He still look at the directions for the cake that they were making, “oh really?” he said unmoved by her confession. Then it finally seemed to hit him because he slowly lowers the paper and looks at her with his eyes bugging out, “WHAT?!” he yells out.

She jumps out of her chair and places her hand over his mouth. “Shh!” she looks around and lowers her voice, leaning in closer to him, “Shut up!” He lets out a muffled voice. “I don’t want anyone knowing I’m half Japanese. I’m going to pull my hand away but promise me that you’ll keep you voice low.” He nods his head up and down.

She removes her hand from his mouth. “No wonder you knew what I was saying! Oh don’t worry I won’t tell a soul about this.” He whispers back with a grin spread across his face.

She was so overjoyed that she finally has someone to talk to her own age other than her cousin. She suddenly jumps up and hugs him.

She could feel his body tense up and she pulls away. “Sorry I forgot that the Japanese aren’t really used to hugging.” She scratches the back of her head.

He laughs, “Its ok I guess I could get used to it.” Her eyes light up and she smiles from ear to ear.

---

Ruki was playing around with Reita and Uruha like they usually did in cooking class. They had stayed concentrated long enough to make lumpy dough with a little bit of ingredients left over. Then they rolled them up into balls perfect for throwing at each other.

He had been totally wrapped in their little dough war in the back of the classroom, till he turned around for a split second to see something that he wasn’t expecting.

He sees Vera and Kai whispering like they can understand each other. Then all of a sudden she hugs him. At that moment his heart beat goes faster and he feels anger boiling up. If eyes could kill Kai would have been dead at that moment.

With all jokes aside he stops playing around and starts to look for something to throw at the taller boy. Then he finally found it, the perfect thing to use.

He grabs a white egg from the bowl that they had got and starts to get his throwing arm ready by aiming the egg at Kai. When his target gets in his throwing range, he closes one eye and starts to move his arm forward. But since Uruha and Reita were playing around, Uruha ended up bumping into Ruki just when his hand was almost letting go of the egg. So instead of hitting Kai, like Ruki had intended, the egg had curved from the unwanted movement and ended up hitting Vera in the face.

Everything goes dead silent; you could even hear a pin drop from a mile away if you wanted to. She gasps as the egg makes contact with her face. Slowly, as if she doesn’t know what it is, she runs a hand down her cheek. She whips her head around in Ruki’s direction with a look full of anger.

Reita whispers into Ruki’s ear, “holy crap!”

The shorter boy elbows him in the stomach. “Ruki!” Ms. Yamagata screamed. He flinched at her voice. “You come here right now!” she points the space in front of her, then she looks at Vera calling her over to her desk. The two teens slowly make their way to the front of the class. Ms. Y looks at Vera and says something he doesn’t understand, “Come here Vera, I’ll write you and Ruki a pass so he can take you the nurse’s office.

Vera steps back with one hand on her face wiping off the egg goo. “No that’s okay, I’m sure I could go there just fine by myself.

Ms. Yamagata was too busy writing the pass to the clinic that she didn’t even hear Vera’s protest. When she was done, Ms. Y rips the paper out from the pass book and hands one to each of the teens. When he reaches over to get his pass, Ms. Y hardens her grip and says through clenched teeth, “When you get back a weeks’ worth of detention will be waiting for you. You know better than this.” he grits his teeth and pulls the paper out her hand.

Vera was the first one out of the room walking out like the room was on fire or something. Ruki curses under his breath and runs after her. When he gets close he increases his speed and goes in front of her. “Look I’m sorry!”

She stops, rolling her eyes, and goes around him. He grinds his teeth together. “I’m tired of you ing ignoring me!” he grabs her wrist and pushes her against the wall. She tries to break away but that only makes his grip tighter. He leans in close enough that he can hear a gasp escape her lips. He could tell that he was the one in control by the way she had completely stopped trying to struggle and was trying to get away as far as the wall behind her would allow her. Liking her reaction he leans in closer so that he was only a few centimeters away from her lips.

But something goes wrong; Ruki didn’t anticipate that she would smell so sweet. Aside from the hint of eggs she smelled like mouthwatering strawberries. This was bad because he loves strawberries and he was losing control fast.

She must have felt the change because she abruptly moves away from his lips and whispers seductively in his ear, “you know” her lips brush against his ear lobe, sending shivers down his back. “You’re pretty short for a guy.”

It clicked that she had said this in perfect Japanese. But he didn’t have time to make sure he really heard her because she knees him in the nuts. Instantly he lets got of her wrists and his hands go to his middle area. “!” Ruki squeaks and drops to the floor.

---

She didn’t mean to knee Ruki in the nuts.

Well that’s not entirely true. She had meant to find a way to get him away from her. She just didn’t mean to do it so heard or in that kind of method. But the way he was looking at her and the way they were so close, scared the crap out of her. So she had to do something and that was the only thing she could think of at the time.

She steps over Ruki, who was yelling violent curses, leaving him on the floor. She felt quite proud of herself as she walks down the hall to the clinic with her head held high.

When she sees the sign above saying clinic, she walks faster not wanting Ruki to come up behind her and try to do something again.

She extends her hand out to open the door but the door suddenly slides open by itself.

Surprised that it had magically opened by itself, she jumps back muttering a curse. Putting her hand over her racing heart she looks up at a tall boy walking out fixing his belt.

It takes her a moment to recognize him as the guy that she had seen with a girl messing around in that class room she had used as refuge from the three delinquents.

She steps to the side, allowing him to pass by her. Vera watches him walk away till he turned the corner and was out of her line of vision. She shakes her head and walks into the office. She thinks to herself, ‘there’s something strange about that guy… but I can’t really put my finger on it.

Sliding the door closed behind her, she sees the nurse too busy fixing her white coat to notice the teen walk in. Vera clears in a loud obnoxious way causing the nurse to look up and plaster a fake smile on her young looking face, “Yes? Can I help you?”

She looks at the female with her eyebrow raised not sure if what she saw would lead to those two people doing something with each other that would most defiantly be frowned upon. Shaking herself mentally, she hands the pass Ms. Y had given her.

----

E/N: Nothing more romanic than a kick in the balls, don't you think? Lol. Well as always, update next week.