Never Call A Girl Ugly

Precious Memories

 

You woke up to the sound of your brother banging on the door of the room. You groaned and lifted the covers over your head, lessening the noise a little. The banging grew louder and your name was being yelled.  What could he possibly want? You sighed and kicked the covers off you.

You got off the bed and walked towards the door. You unlocked the knob, and opened it slightly revealing angry oppa. You rubbed your heavy eyelids. You were still sleepy. “What do you want?”

“Who the hell locks the door when they’re sleeping?” He glared at you as he pushed the door all the way open, letting himself in. “Gosh! I’ve been knocking since forever!” He pushed you on the bed and then he searched his closet for clothes to wear. Mind you, he was still fully clothed but he was still in his pajamas

“I’ve been in the airport since forever.” You spat back making him turn his head. He grabbed a dress shirt and turned to you. He sighed exasperatingly, crossing his arms over his chest.

“How many times am I going to apologize to you?” He said as he slid on a wife beater and poked his arms  through the sleeves of the dress shirt. Last night, you were quite upset that he ‘forgot’ to pick you up. You made him sleep on the couch while you slept on his queen sized bed.

“When I feel like forgiving you.” You let your weight go to your elbows as you looked to the ceiling as your brother changed. “What if I was kidnapped? What if I got ? HUH?” You loved making your brother feel the absolute guilt of leaving you.

“Who would want to you? You’re so ugly.” He joked. You lifted your head and gave a death glare to your brother. He held his hands out and laughed “Gosh, take a joke! I was just-“

“Tip #1832, never call a girl ugly.” You said.  You threw a pillow at him, but he was quick to catch it, throwing it back to you. It landed on your stomach. “Are you going to leave me?”

“Mhm” He mumbled, he finished changing and lay next to you on the bed. Despite the constant bickering, you and your brother were really close. He was always there for you, having your back. His dream back then was also to run away from the evil step mother. “Come with me”

You placed both hands behind your head and groaned. “Where are you taking me?” From the corner of your eye you see him shrug his broad shoulders.

“Do you want to meet my girlfriend?” He asked. You widened your eyes. You never knew that your brother had a girlfriend. To you, your brother never qualified for the boyfriend material except the fact that he had an attractive appearance to most girls. He had dated many girls, but he really never asks a girl to be his.

You turned to your side, facing him. “You. Have. A. Girlfriend?” You questioned. He shook his head at you and rolled his eyes.

“Yes, I thought I made that very clear with I asked you if you wanted to mee-“

You raised your hand to his face, making him stop talking and then brought it back down. “You never have girlfriends. She must be pretty special, huh? What’s her name?” You leaned your head on your hand, waiting for his response.

“Kim Naya.” He looked to the ceiling and smiled. “And she’s absolutely perfect.” You couldn’t believe what you’re hearing. Your brother was talking about her like she was some kind of goddess. His tone when he talk sounded like he was love struck. You waved your hand in his face.

“Don’t get too worked up, oppa.” You said in disgust. You did not like the lovey dovey look on his face. He turned to you and nudged you softly with his elbow.

“Just because you were the ugly duckling in the family and never had a boyfriend, you don’t have to be like that.” He said in the same disgusted tone as you had. You jabbed him on the side, making him groan in pain. You hated it whenever someone brought up your ugly past. You hated your appearance back then.

“Well, that ugly duckling did all she can to make herself look not so ugly.” You pouted and faced away from your brother. He ‘awh-ed” and hugged you from behind.

“If it makes you feel better” He started in your ear “You’re not so ugly anymore, maybe a little, but not so ugly.” You grew angry and kicked him where you should never kick a male.

 

:::::

 

Your brother left without you because you insisted on staying in the apartment. The reason being was because you clearly didn’t want to go to see your brother’s girlfriend, looking like a slob. Your phone rang and you reached your hand to the nightstand beside the bed.

The number was unfamiliar, but since the encounter from last night, you were assuming it was Suho. You pressed the phone close to your ear, “Hello?”

 

“Hi, it’s Suho.”

 

You smiled. Of course it would be him, who else would have your number? “Oh, yeah. Hi.” You said awkwardly, scratching your head. He laughed at your remark through the phone.  You puffed out your cheeks in embarrassment.

“So, I was calling to let you know that we have a concert tonight.” He said nonchalantly. You sat up leaning your back on the headboard of the bed. You heard noise in the background. “Do you think you can make it tonight?”

You think for a moment. Despite, you being tired and exhausted from jet lag, you still wanted to show these boys that you are appreciative that you’ve met them. “Yeah, that’s no problem!” You said with a smile. Suho smiled and shushed the boys who were being rowdy. Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other and then shrugged their shoulders.

“Great.” He said. “I’ll text you the details.” After you said your goodbyes, he hung up the phone. Suho found it nice to finally found a friend that isn’t being ‘friendly’ because he’s a leader of a widely known band. But now that he’s finally found someone that doesn’t even know their band at all, he wants you to be impressed.