A Mistake...

A Mistake... (One-Shot)

 

He was holding on to a white envelope thinking whether to open it or just leave it. He had the feeling that the content in the envelope would hurt him even more. He was already hurt when he found out that she, his best friend and long time crush, was in a relationship.


“You received it too?” his roommate came into their room.

“Hmmm…” he nodded.

“It’s not too late to confess to her,” his roommate told him.

“What’s the point of telling me that JungShin? She’s getting married soon,” he wanted to give up on her.

“Who knows that she might change her mind? You haven’t try, you never know JongHyun Hyung,” his roommate then went out of their room again to leave him alone.

“She will never change her mind…” JongHyun let out a sigh.
__________

She checked her mobile phone every five seconds. She was waiting for his calls and messages. A month to her and his wedding yet, her fiancé was still busy handling his family business company. She was unsure if she had made the right choice in accepting him to be her husband. However, she knew that her love for her fiancé had never change.



“Noona, can I come in?” her younger brother was standing by her door.

“Come in,” she prepared a chair for her beloved younger brother.

“Dongsaeng ah, do you have any problems to share with me?” she asked.

“I should be the one asking you that Noona. I’ve noticed that you were always day dreaming each day. Are you okay Noona?” her younger brother was concerned about her.

“He did not call or message you again today?” her younger brother continued.

“Hmmm… He must be busy,” she replied him.

“YongHwa Hyung can’t be busy always. Noona, you have to do something about this. Your wedding is a month away. If he is too busy to be with you now, cancel the wedding!” her younger brother was firm.

“I can’t MinHyuk… I love him,” she sighed.

“MinHee Noona, he doesn’t deserve your love,” her younger brother then stormed out of her room.


MinHyuk was disappointed with his older sister. He loved his older sister so much that he wanted his sister to marry a good man. A man that truly love and care for his older sister. MinHyuk had his dream brother-in-law in mind. He was Lee JongHyun, his older sister’s best friend.

__________

“Take this,” she passed a white envelope to him.

“What is this?” he asked.

“Open it,” she instructed him.

“Why are you giving me this? What do you have in mind?” he was confused.

“You either break up with her and follow me to the States or watch me die,” she took out a small knife.

“Why are you doing this JooHyun? I told you that I’ll break up with her soon,” he took away the small knife from her.

“Then, what is this?” she threw another white envelope to him.

“My parents want me to marry her by the end of next month. I have no choice but to listen to them,” he explained.

“That’s why YongHwa. Leave Korea with me,” she hugged him.

__________

YongHwa had been thinking about JooHyun’s idea. He was tempted to leave Korea with JooHyun but when he thought of his parents, he became lost and confused. He did not know what to do. After thinking of it for a few days, he finally made his decision. He discussed with his parents about it too.
__________

“I don’t know what to do JongHyun. He doesn’t want to answer my calls or reply my messages. We are getting married soon. Why is he doing this to me? What MinHyuk told me a few days ago was true. YongHwa can’t be always busy each day,” she complained to him.

“Take it easy. I’m sure he will call you soon,” JongHyun tried to cheer her up.

 

It had been a long time since they hung out together. Both of them were getting busy with their own things. MinHee was busy with her wedding preparations while JongHyun was busy with his guitar lessons. As they were talking, MinHee’s mobile phone rang.

 

“Excuse me for awhile,” she excused herself.

“Hello, Kang MinHee speaking,” she answered her call.

“MinHee, I want to meet you at the café near your house now. Is that possible?” the caller asked.

“YongHwa-ah, I’m with a friend right now,” she was speechless. She was surprised that he called her.

“It’s fine then,” YongHwa sighed.

“Go on. I’ll have to go for my guitar lesson now,” JongHyun left MinHee.

“I’ll be there. Wait for me YongHwa,” she hung up her mobile phone and flagged a cab.

__________

He was waiting for her patiently. He knew that he had make the right decision. He ordered her favourite drink for her. YongHwa had even prepared a special gift for her. He wanted her to receive the best from him.

 

“Sorry I’m late,” she greeted YongHwa.

“It’s okay,” he smiled at her.

“Why are you keeping quiet?” MinHee asked.

“Can I be honest to you?” YongHwa asked.

“Yes sure,” MinHee did not feel good.

“I want to cancel the wedding. I’ve already told my parents about this and they approve. I’m going to the States soon with my girlfriend. By the way, before I…” YongHwa could not finish his sentences.

“Enough! You don’t have to continue. Thank you for starting and ending the relationship. I appreciate that. Goodbye!” MinHee ran out of the café crying.
__________

“I need you here,” she cried.

“What’s wrong with you?” he panicked.

“He… He… He’s leaving to the States with his scandal. He dumped me.” She cried out even louder. She was really hurt.

“Where are you now?” he needed to find out her location. He was hoping that she was at a safe place because he did not want something bad to happen to her anymore.

“I don’t know. You have to find me,” she hung up.


JongHyun called MinHyuk and JungShin for help. The three of them worked together to find MinHee. JongHyun looked for MinHee at his jamming studio while MinHyuk went to the Han River to look for his older sister. JungShin went to the church near JongHyun’s jamming studio.

__________

“She’s not at the church,” JungShin informed JongHyun.

“She’s not at the jamming studio either,” JongHyun said.

“I looked for her at the playground and she’s not there too. Where could she be?” JungShin wanted to give up.

“You can go home. I think I know where she is,” JongHyun hung up his mobile phone.
__________

“MinHee…” JongHyun called out her name.

He saw MinHee crying with her head buried in her knees. He quietly approached her and sat beside her. He gave her his handkerchief and asked her to lean on his shoulder. For MinHee’s sake, JongHyun voluntarily became a nice resting place. While they were in that position, JongHyun began to think about a lot of things. He wanted her to be his forever.
 

“I’ll always be there to protect you,” JongHyun told her while he hold her cold hands.

“Forget him, you’ll forget about him, believe me. He doesn’t deserve to be with you,” he continued.

“Now, meet someone who’ll only look at you,” he comforted her.


MinHee stared at JongHyun blankly. JongHyun felt bad for telling her that. However, he would still be by her side and forever by her side after he made a place for himself. JongHyun wanted to become someone that she could look at and trust. Just for her, he would be a reliable man. JongHyun would never want to let her go again. Not for the second time.

__________

“I’ll hold you in my arms. Just leave yourself in me, just believe in me,” JongHyun confessed to her.

“The scars of love that YongHwa left in your heart had drive me crazy. Please erase those unforgettable memories. Let me remind you that love is forgotten through love. Now look at me, I’ll be the man who will be standing by your side,” he continued.

“I never knew that you were deeply in love with me. From the start, I had already made a huge mistake. The one should be with me in the first place is not him but you. Lee JongHyun, thank you for being there for me always. I love you,” MinHee hugged him.

 

Hello guys! Phew~! Finally I posted another one-shot. It had been a long time since I last posted my first one-shot, hadn't it? Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy reading this one-shot. Do comment and subscribe. I'll be waiting. Thank you!!