Just Friends

Just Friends

“Baozi-ah, would you mind reminding me why I even accompanied you here?” Luhan asked almost terrified of the view in front of him—an amusement park. Unlike the others, for him, an amusement park is almost similar to a dungeon with no exit. He’s terrified of the extreme rides and he wouldn’t challenge himself going inside a horror booth.

 

“Just because...” he made a dramatic pause before continuing “...You love me!” he smiled.

 

“You’re evil. A sadist!” he pouted. Minseok couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of Luhan acting so cute. “On the contrary, I think I am a masochist.”

 

 “Huh, what did you say?” Luhan asked.

 

“Nothing, we should really get going or we’ll never get to ride the extremes!” he teased.

 

----------------------------------

 

The sun is almost setting down. The two of them were very tired so they sat down on a bench.

 

“Are you regretting you tagged me along instead of Kyungsoo or perhaps, Kris?” Luhan asked feeling guilty because he refused to ride the extremes which Minseok would have wanted.

 

“Not at all Lulu, not at all…” He’s telling the truth. Although they wasted most of their time catching some koi fishes, shooting the target to get toys and stuff, it didn’t matter. It was fun because Luhan’s with him. “But I do hope you get to keep that stitch plushie. I had a hard time shooting the target, you know?”

 

“Hahaha. Of course! Thanks Baozi-ah!” he hugged the stitch plushie then noticed something “Oh, look!” pointing out the big wheel “Let’s go ride that wheel!”

 

Xiumin eyed the younger, “Are you sure?”

 

“Why would I not be? I think I can handle that... it’s slow and besides we could clearly see the view of the city and the setting of the sun.”

 

“I know, I know. But that ride is supposed to be for lovers!”

 

Luhan bit his lip before answering, “I never knew that. I mean, that’s stupid! Everyone should be able to ride that beautiful ride.” He insisted.

 

Minseok sighed in defeat. “Okay, we’ll ride that Ferris Wheel.” He swore he could have died at that very moment he saw Luhan flashed that beautiful smile

 

 ---------------------------------------

 

The ride is a bit silent but it didn’t feel awkward, in fact, it was perfect. They were both enjoying the beautiful settling of the sun, the view of the cities that look so small above. Minseok thought this could be the perfect time, the moment he has been waiting for.

 

“Hey…” he tried to start a conversation

 

“Hmm…?” Luhan who was busy looking at the beautiful scenery turned to face him

 

“I am just wondering…” he gulped “If…” his hands fidgeted.

 

Luhan noticed the younger’s anxiousness; he put his hand on top of Minseok’s. “What is it, Baozi-ah?” his face looking worried. “Come on! Tell me.”

 

“Luhan, I… I love you.” He finally confessed

 

The other just looked at him surprised and when his brain finally processed it he replied with a laugh.

 

“I am serious!”

 

“I love you too, Baozi-ah” he replied still laughing

 

“Yah! I don’t mean it that  way.”

 

“Sure, Baozi. Sure!” he still can’t help but laugh

 

“Do you really think I am lying?”

 

“How do you expect me to react, then?” he countered

 

“I want you to believe me.”

 

“Yah! Stop it with your lame jokes, Baozi. I am not buying it. Today’s April Fools” he laughed again

 

Minseok smiled dryly. April Fools.. He was too busy plotting out this date with Luhan that he almost forgot the date today. What an idiot. “It’s a nice timing, isn’t it? So, you wouldn’t know if it hurts me or not.”

 

Luhan stopped from laughing. He finally realized the other’s not kidding. His expression turned bitter. If it’s true then… “Minseok…” he called his name worried how to respond back. He didn’t know how to tell him the feeling’s not mutual. He couldn’t afford hurting his best friend’s feelings. “You do know…”

 

Minseok started laughing. “Look at your face, Luhan! You looked too serious.” he laughed again. “I got you!” he smirked.

 

“Yah! Kim Minseok” he shouted angrily but felt relieved anyway. Thank God it was a joke because I couldn’t afford hurting you… “Stop with your antics already!”

 

Minseok laughed again, “I really can’t believe I got you there! Seriously, your face gave you in!” I know Luhan. I understand. I guess, to you, we’re just friends.