A not so beautiful ending

Twists of Fate

Aaron woke up and groaned at the throbbing pain at the back of his head. He looked around to search for Gui, and froze.

Where was he?

The room was lavishly decorated in rich blue, and a country flag was pinned on the top. The room door slammed open to reveal Jiro, dressed in a tuxedo.

“Aaron! Are you hurt anywhere?” He rushed towards Aaron, and he laughed.

“Jiro, relax. I’m fine. Besides, where are we? Where’s Gui?” He asked as he stood up, brushing the dirt of his own suit.

His suit? He never remembered wearing anything like that.. He noticed Jiro’s stares of worry as Jiro helped him down to a chair.

“Did that fall make you hurt your head, Aaron?” His tone was concerned and carried a little guilt as Aaron stared at him like he was mad.

“Well.. You’re in the country of Riolo. And.. You saw a ghost?” Jiro confirmed uncertainly and Aaron’s jaws dropped.  Where on earth are they? As far as he knew, there was no such country. As Aaron stood up, he nodded.

“So what are we going to do next?” Aaron asked, and Jiro shrugged. Then his eyes lit up in mischief as Jiro gave the most useful advice that day.

“Let’s go to town!” He said excitedly, giving a cheeky smile as Aaron grinned and nodded.

He could also find Gui. He hoped she was fine.

“It hurt!” Gui whined as the corset was pulled on tighter, making difficulties in her breathing. The three fairy godmothers laughed as they waved their wand, tying the laces around her back. She was dressed in sickening hot pink, and a tiara studded with diamonds were placed in her hair. Selina had ensured her that it wouldn’t drop out, and had used her magic to hoop thick strands of her hair around the tiara to secure it.

“What’s the big occasion today, Selina?” Gui asked, still trying to balance on her six inch heels, trying her utmost best to act like a princess. The three fairy godmothers gasped and Rainie blinked her eyes innocently at Gui.

“You forgot your birthday, Princess Aurora?” Genie asked, amused.

“Aurora! This is an important year! We never know when the Evil Witch will appear and-“ Selina was clearly upset, and Rainie patted her back to soothe her down.

“Selina, she was unconscious for quite some time now. It is only natural for her to still be unaware of what’s approaching.” Genie explained wisely, and Gui just stared.

“This year is the supposed year where you will be fallen under the wrath of the Evil Witch. Do you still remember the story we told you when you were much younger?” Rainie asked, and when Gui shook her head, Selina answered.

“When she is fifteen years old, the princess will prick her finger on a spindle and fall down dead.” Selina recited, and smiled softly at Gui when her eyes widened.

“It’s quite alright now, I casted a spell. When you prick your finger, you shall fall into a deep slumber where only a kiss of true love shall awake you.” Selina comforted her with this statement, and Gui confirmed her theory.

She was in Sleeping Beauty.

“And the King has ordered to remove all spindles from the castle, so you are quite safe under our watch.” Genie smiled, and Gui nodded.

How could she forget? She had her friends. But where was Aaron? Was he alright?

Her thoughts were cut as a trumpet sounded, and the three fairy godmothers immediately kneeled down. Gui was startled, and was about to do the same when a man dressed in thick golden robes entered, and gave her a tight embrace. A lady beside him sobbed openly, drying her tears with a handkerchief.

“My dear Aurora!” The lady cried, her head lovingly upon seeing her safe and sound.

Parental love. She was sure that those were Aurora’s parents, seeing how much they loved her.

“Father, Mother.” She greeted politely and curtseyed, grinned in pride for remembering that princesses did that. They smiled lovingly as the Queen hiccupped, all the while smiling.

“The party is about to begin, please make the final touches to your appearance before we appear in front of the citizens.” Gui nodded, and once they left, she asked for the directions to the bathroom. Seemingly strange, she got lost on her way to the bathroom. She sighed in frustration as she looked around for the millionth time. She was sure the bathroom was here somewhere! That was when she heart a voice.

“Come here, my girl.” The soothing voice got her curious and she walked towards it. And once she reached the room, she beamed as she saw another person she recognized.

“Ella!” She exclaimed in glee and was about to walk towards her, when she realized the spindle in front of her.

She was the Evil Witch? Gui screamed as Ella looked at her with a murderous intent, and was about to run out of the room when Ella trapped her.

“Not so fast, Princess.” She hissed on the last word and took out a needle from her pocket. Driven to a corner, she only watched helplessly as the needle inserted through the flesh of her finger.

Aaron, save me!

As a single drop of blood stained the ground, Aaron's eyes twitched.

He was getting extremely impatient.

He had been walking around the streets of Riolo for hours, and it was extremely stuffy under the cloak that Jiro insisted he wear. In the short span of the few hours, he learnt that he was a Prince.

Oh the irony.

As they walked past another stall with stallholders insisting him to buy their products, the trumpets horned.

“What was that?” He asked Jiro, and Jiro looked at him from the piece of hotdog he bought

“What was what?” He repeated in confusion as Aaron blinked at him.

As he looked around, no one seemed to hear the trumpets.

“Aaron save me!” Her cry instantly alerted him, and he dashed past the streets. In the midst of this, his hood that covered his face were removed, giving away his true identity.

"Aaron!" Jiro yelled, left in total confusion.

"So he just ditched me like that.." Jiro pouted and shrugged. He was always weird in his own way.

“Isn’t that the prince?”

“What is the prince doing on the streets?”

“The prince is so handsome!”

He heard their whispers but paid no heed to them. When he reached the source of the trumpets, the noise died down. He stared in awe at the huge castle before him, and made his way up. He noticed all the servants, maids, staffs and the King and Queen themselves, all asleep. He had no idea where he was going, for the castle was enormous. He just let his feet carry him, and he soon found himself in front of a door. As he opened it, he gasped. Lying before him, was Gui Gui.

“Gui!” He shouted as he rushed towards her, lifting her up from the cold floor.

“Gui?” He tried again and got no response. This worried him. She was a light sleeper, and he was sure that she would have woken up by now. Only then did he realize the dot of blood on her index finger, and he froze.

Was she dead?

He immediately inched his hands to feel if her heart was beating, and he couldn’t remember any other times where he felt this afraid. The time where Gui found out about the Wang Zi thing was an exception though.

With shaky hands, he placed his hand on her chest. He laughed at his stupidity when he felt her heart throbbing healthily, but then blushed at the position they were at. He hit himself for thinking of weird thoughts. Then, he started to think of ways to wake her up.

He was a prince. She was a…

That was when he took a good look at Gui and felt his eyes widen.

Dressed in striking hot pink, a total contrast to her usual casual clothing, she wore a gown made out of silk that wrapped around her curves tightly. He gave a slight blush.

She was a princess.

Feeling a slight smirk forming on his lips, he realized that this will be an excellent chance to kiss a princess.

His beautiful princess.

As he inched towards her lips, he locked his lips on hers.

That was when Gui’s eyes shot open.

And..

She slapped him, hard. When Aaron was about to ask her why she did that, he realized.

He never removed his hand from her chest yet. Flushing in embarrassment, Aaron stuttered an explanation when a whirlwind swept both of them up, Aaron managing to grab Gui in the nick of time. The next thing they knew, they were landed in a heap in their own room.

They were home.

 

Hey guys! Thank you for reading this story, and it's now completed ^-^ Sorry, but I won't be updating this anymore because there's not much support. Thanks to those who commented and subscribed <3 To those who did, I'm just saying that I'm sorry for not continuing. Do look out for more one-shots and Revenge on Gangsters, another series fanfiction that I'm working on right now :)