It All Begins

Twists of Fate

Aaron smiled as he released his hold on Gui Gui.

“Let’s go call the others.” He offered his hand to her, unsure if she would accept it. After all, he was a murderer in her eyes now. She forgave him, but the fact remained. Gui grabbed his hand and they were about to leave the room when Gui tripped over a tall metal rack which supported many books. She screamed as the looming shadow engulfed her, Aaron who had immediately shield her from the falling lay on top of her. She swore that she saw the necklace around her neck glow, and the next thing she knew, she welcomed the darkness.

Gui Gui’s eyes opened as she gave a loud yawn, stretching herself.

“The princess is awake! Inform the king immediately!” Gui heard someone exclaim. She looked around the room, still in the state of daze. Once she plopped back down on her bed, her head immediately sank in the pillow and her nightgown wrapped around her protectively again. That was when she realized. A feather pillow? A nightgown made of silk? And… Whose voice did that belong to? Cautiously turning to face the woman’s face, she realized that it was Hebe.

In a maid’s attire.

Her eyes bulged out of her sockets as she gagged at the scene before her. Was this some kind of joke? Noticing that the princess was feeling uncomfortable, Hebe rushed to her.

“Are you feeling alright, Princess?” Her voice was filled with worry, and nothing about her seemed like the Hebe she knew. She looked around the room in fear as she let out a shaky breathe.

The room was huge. Huge was the biggest understatement of the century as she noticed how she never seemed to see the end of her room. The tables and chairs were lined entirely in satin and silk, huge golden bows skillfully tied to match the grand interior of the room.

“Princess, please answer me!” Her pleas were growing desperate at the Princess’s silence.

“Oh.. Umm.. I’m alright.” She stammered, immediately making the maid give a sigh of relief. Honestly, where the heck was she?! Her eyes widened as she remembered.

“Aaron!” She exclaimed, and Hebe, along with tons of other maids, rushed to her.

“What’s wrong, your highness?” Hebe asked, and Gui grabbed her arm.

“Hebe! Where’s Aaron??” She asked, or screamed, and Hebe looked at her, completely confused.

“I’m terribly sorry, Princess. I have no idea who you might be talking about.” Hebe apologized, bowing down in shame.

Gui instantly felt lonely. She knew no one here, she didn’t even belong here! She took her time to recollect her memories, and try to solve this mystery.

“Could you guys go out for a minute?” Gui asked Hebe, and she frowned at her words.

“Your highness, royalty shouldn’t be spouting those rude words. The right words would be ‘Please excuse me.” Hebe lectured, feeling a little worried for her Princess. Gui mentally sighed and reminded herself, that she was a Princess in this world.

“I apologize. It takes some time to remember how to phrase sentences after that long slumber.” Gui tried, and felt relief as Hebe nodded her head in understanding.

“I understand. We will be taking our leave now.” Hebe, and the hundreds of maids behind her bowed, leaving the room. Gui sighed and walked around the room, trying to figure things out.

The last time she had seen Aaron was in his room at home, and she had knocked down a rack..

The necklace!

She immediately looked down to her neck and noticed the necklace safely secured around her neck. Was this the one which caused everything? As Gui walked further into the room, she looked at the calendar.

12thAugust, Year 775

She was transported… back to nearly a thousand years ago? She suddenly felt her world spinning and before she hit the floor, she froze.

.

.

.

What? She looked down and noticed that she was floating, a trail of bright sparks sizzling around her.

“My, my, Aurora! You should be lying down if you feel unwell!” She heard a soft voice speak. Strangely, it sounded so.. familiar. As she turned to look at the source of the voice, she felt like fainting again once more. Floating before her were Selina, Genie, and Rainie.

With a set of wings.

Aurora.. That sounded strangely familiar.. She remembered hearing that name loads when she was younger. As the magical trail of sparks slowly guided her back to her bed, she remembered.

No way..

She was in Sleeping Beauty? A fairy tale?

So that meant that Selina, Genie and Rainie were her fairy godmothers?

What the heck was going on??

 

Hey guys ^^ This is Cherry! How does Guilun in fairy tales sound? :D I absolutely love fairy tales, and I thought I may give it a try :) Please comment about what you think about this fic :D If this story doesn't gain support, then I'll end if after this fairy tale completes. Anyone knows which fairy tale they may be in now? ;)