The Lake With A Dock

Summer Breeze

 

The warm summer breeze was my face as I was sitting on the swings with a book in my hands, it was yet another boring day in a countryside, I mean don’t get me wrong I love nature but when I spend too much time there I get a little crazy and bored, because NOTHING interesting happens here, ever…

Just as I was turning the next page of my “Vampire Diaries” book, a few countryside girls went by chatting:

“Have you heard that mayor’s son is coming here?”

“Oh my word! Really?! When?”

“Tomorrow, early in the morning”

“I think it’s time for us to use your make up case you’ve got!” they giggled

I sneered, “what a pathetic girls, even make up won’t save you”, I thought and went back to reading, but I couldn’t concentrate, maybe I should check on that mayor’s son tomorrow, since it’s probably the biggest news I’ve heard in this countryside anyway…

I gracefully jumped off the swings and went back into house, since it was starting to get dark.

 

The next morning I woke up surprisingly early, so I scuffed slowly downstairs into the spacious kitchen, grabbed a sandwich and went into the terrace. I plumped down in a chair and watched the small, sandy road while munching on my sandwich. Just then a black limousine drove by, “Have you heard that mayor’s son is coming here?” the countryside’s girl voice echoed in my head. Right, I totally forgot! I quickly finished eating and rushed into my room to dress up.

I went out of the house, while taking the last look in the mirror, I had a light make up on, jean shorts to reveal my tanned legs and a white t-shirt with a décolleté. When I was pacing down the road, I realized I’m not the only one to take a look at the mayor’s son, hundreds of girls were passing me, shoving me in every side possible. ”Man, they are desperate”, I thought to myself as I was left alone on the road.

After a few minutes I saw mayor’s mansion and those girls surrounding the black limousine. “Eh, it’s not worth it, I’m not that desperate to wait even a few minutes just to take one look at some guy”

I turned to the other side towards the lake with a dock, I always loved this place since I was a little girl, I smiled and took off my high-heeled sandals. I skipped to the end of a dock and sat down while slipping my feet in a warm water.  I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes, while the sun was warming my face.

But the silence was ruined by a loud creek, I furrowed my eyebrows and turned head around, and there he was standing still, frightened by the creek and guilty for disturbing me. His lips curved into a shy smile “Hi”