Heartless Immortals and Thieves

Heartless Immortals and Thieves

There are different kinds of immortals in this world.  They may be granted with very long healthy lives and beauty of youth but they still had their own weaknesses that would lead them to their deaths.  So to speak, they aren't really immortals.  That's just what people liked to call them.
 

Kris was one of those Heartless Immortals.  They weren't called Heartless because they were cold, violent or mean people.  They are called Heartless because they can continue on living without a heart inside their bodies.
 

The heart is the reason for their immortality but at the same time, it is also their weakness.  As long as their hearts  continue to beat even if it's outside the body, then they will continue to live.  The only way to kill them is to make their heart stop beating.  If they are shot or stabbed straight to the heart, then they will surely die.  That is why most Heartless Immortals would hide their hearts somewhere to keep them safe from harm.
 

There were cases when a Heartless Immortal would transfer their heart to another body.  This usually happens when a Heartless falls in love with a mere mortal.  If a Heartless' heart resides inside a mortal's body, then that mortal would be able to live a long life, be gifted with a beauty of youth and be cured with whatever disease or illness they are currently experiencing.  However, they will die right away if the Heartless' heart is taken out from the mortal's body.  They will also die if another vital organ got injured such as a the brain or the spinal cord.
 

There are also a very few called Heart Thieves.  They are usually mortals who steal hearts from the Heartless Immortals.  Most of them do this for the sake of living a longer life, to be cured from a certain illness or disease, and to have the beauty of youth.  These thieves are usually hunted down and killed.
 

Kris was at the hospital because he was given a mission to hunt down a Heart Thief who currently worked as a doctor.  The mission was a piece of cake for Kris as he stabbed the doctor's neck with an anesthesia and ripped the heart out of the body.  The Heartless' heart continued to beat and feel warm in Kris' hand.
 

Kris simply placed the heart in a plastic bag before putting it inside his backpack.  He washed his bloody hands and made sure he had no bloodstains on his clothes.  He got rid of every possible evidence and left the crime scene so casually as if he hadn't just killed someone.
 

By the time he reached the hospital garden, he could sense some of the medical staff panicking though trying to look calm in front of their patients but Kris knew better.  They must have found out about the doctor's gruesome death already.
 

Kris should hurry in leaving the hospital before they decide to do something like closing all hospital exits and inspected everyone in order to look for the murderer.  Although, the doctor wouldn't have died at such an early age if he didn't steal a Heartless' heart in the first place.
 

But Kris was distracted for a moment as his gazed landed on a beautiful girl in a wheelchair.  He could tell that half of her body was paralyzed because her left eye was covered by a patch and her left arm and leg didn't make any movement while her right eye blinked normally with her right hand holding a flower and her right foot tapping to the beat of a song that she was humming, but nevertheless, he thought she was beautiful.
 

The girl was startled as Kris grabbed her left limp hand.  She watched silently as Kris read her name aloud from her hospital wristband.  "Sooyoung."
 

Then Kris looked at her straight in the eyes.  "I'm kind of in a hurry right now but I will visit you again, Sooyoung."  He placed her hand back on the armrest gently.  "My name is Kris by the way."  He introduced himself quickly and left in a hurry, and he managed to successfully escape.  The hospital was in frenzy and didn't allow visitors for a few days because of the recent murder that happened.  It was a huge scandal.
 

"You could have killed him in his home or at some other place.  What the hell were you thinking by killing him in the hospital?!?! How many times do I have to tell you to be discerete when killing someone?!?!"  Kyungsoo, who happened to be Kris' boss much to Kyungsoo's distaste, was angry.  They have been over this issue several times already.
 

"It's my style.  Deal with it."  Kris had always accomplished his missions in a flashy way that they mostly end up on the news.  He was popular among the Heartless for the way he killed Heart Thieves but Kyungsoo never really liked Kris' style of killing and will probably never get used to it, which is why they keep on having the same argument over and over again.
 

When the hospital finally allowed visitors again, Kris immediately took the chance to visit Sooyoung.  He never failed to visit Sooyoung everyday but as they became closer each day, Sooyoung's body also became weaker.  When Sooyoung became too weak, she remained bedridden and wouldn't be able to go out to the hospital garden anymore.  Everyone knew that it wouldn't be long before death would finally catch up with her.
 

But Kris knew a way to cheat death.  "I've scheduled a doctor for a heart transplant tomorrow.  There is also a heart ready for you and as for the money, you don't have to worry about that because it's a charity operation.  We only need your consent so please.... please give us your consent."
 

Sooyoung knew there was something strange.  Nobody should be able to get everything ready for her that fast especially Kris, whom she just met a few days ago, although it might be possible if Kris really was rich.  In the end, she decided to put her trust on Kris.  She does want to live longer after all so her right hand reached for the ballpen.  With slow , she was able to sign the inform consent.
 

The operation was a success.  After the operation, the doctors and nurses were surprised at Sooyoung's quick recovery and the fact that she was cured from being paralyzed.  It was a miracle.  Sooyoung cried tears of happiness and was felt very grateful to Kris.  "You've done so much for me.  How can I ever repay you?" She sobbed.
 

"Just spend forever with me."  Kris smiled and squeezed Sooyoung's hand gently.  During that time, Sooyoung had no idea how forever was going to be a very long time, how she was going to live a very long and healthy life, how she was going to keep looking young and beautiful.
 

Kris had fallen in love with Sooyoung very deeply while Sooyoung only pretended to be in love with him.  Although she felt very grateful towards Kris, she never felt anything more than gratefulness or friendship towards Kris but after everything he did for her, she couldn't bear to break Kris' heart.  That was... until Sooyoung fell in love with Kyuhyun.
 

Kris instantly knew that Sooyoung was in love with somebody else with the way his heart beats inside Sooyoung's chest.  Kris decided to wait and see if maybe Sooyoung would have a change of heart but then Sooyoung's feelings for Kyuhyun only grew more and more each day.  Kris could only think of one solution and that was... to get Kyuhyun out of the picture. 
 

The day after Sooyoung cheated on him by making love with Kyuhyun, Kris killed Kyuhyun and made it look like a car accident.  Kyungsoo was proud that for once, Kris managed to be discrete about his murder though he had no idea why Kris killed a mere mortal.  Kyungsoo decided it was best not to get involved with other people's personal business.
 

Sooyoung was devastated and heartbroken by Kyuhyun's death.  It took her a long time to recover and when she did, she still didn't fall in love with Kris even after all the love and comfort Kris had given to her.  Kris felt a bit frustrated but decided that it would be okay as long as she remained loyal to him.
 

When Sooyoung turned 40 years old, she noticed that her skin and body didn't seem to age.  She still looked as youthful as she was in her 20s.  She was happy about this and loved to flaunt her beauty to the older girls and flirt with the younger boys when Kris wasn't around.
 

She actually also started to like Kris though her feelings were more of lust than love. But Kris wasn't about to complain as their became more heated and intense.  This happened because she just realized how hot Kris was and that he also didn't seem to age from the day they first met.  She liked being the center of attention as she and Kris became famous in the city for a hot and young-looking couple despite their ages.
 

When Sooyoung turned 50 years old, Kris deemed it was time to tell her the truth about everything.  Well, not everything because there's one thing that they shouldn't tell a mortal.  When a mortal doesn't know about that one thing, it becomes easier for a Heartless to kill them.
 

They fled to another country, changed their identities and pretended to be teenagers.  Sooyoung loved being in high school again since she wasn't able to enjoy it back then because of her heart disease.  She became a part of the cheerleading team.
 

Kris also became popular but the most popular guy in school was Siwon.  Unfortunately, Sooyoung was falling in love for the second time.  Kris hated it but before he had the chance to kill the male mortal, Siwon and Sooyoung suddenly disappeared without a trace.  As long as Kris' heart remained inside Sooyoung's body, he would know that Sooyoung was alive somewhere, and he had an inkling that Siwon was probably with her.
 

Kris asked for Kyungsoo's help to look for Sooyoung.  Usually, it was easy for any Heartless to trace a mortal but for Sooyoung... "She surely knows how to hide and it's more than a week now."  Kyungsoo stated with a hidden meaning.  If a mortal runs off with a Heartless' heart inside of them for more than a week, they would be official declared as a Heart Thief and would need to be killed.
 

"There will be a mission to kill her which I'll be giving to another Heartless.  I won't be able to help you from now on, Kris, but from the deepest part of my heart, I hope you find her first."  Kyungsoo made a gentle pat on Kris' shoulder before walking away.
 

It took a century for Kris to find her.  He almost didn't recognize her as she became more beautiful with her short hair.  He stalked her for the entire day but he didn't like what he saw when Sooyoung finally arrived in her new home.  Siwon was wearing an apron as he kissed her at the front door of their house.  There was no doubt that Siwon probably had a Heartless heart inside his body as well.
 

"Did she steal your heart too?"
 

Kris turned to his side and saw an unfamiliar person but there was no doubt that the person was a Heartless.  Kris had never been friendly but as of the moment, he felt so much hurt and wanted someone to talk to.  Usually, Kyungsoo would be there to listen to him but his boss has distanced himself since he issued a mission to kill Sooyoung to another Heartless.  "No, I gave it to her because I loved her."
 

"Then let me guess.  She ran away with your heart.  A typical Heartless Immortal and mere mortal tragic love story."  The person rolled his eyes.  "I'm Tao by the way and I'm on a mission to kill her and her lover."
 

Kris narrowed his eyes.  "You can kill her lover but not her.  I'll handle her myself."
 

"You're still in love with her."  Tao snorted in disgust.  "But alright, I'll let you handle her.  However, if she doesn't want to be with you again, I'll move in for the kill."
 

No matter how much Kris loved her, he wouldn't allow her to go on living with his heart inside of her if she couldn't love him back or at least be faithful and loyal to him.  However, he also knew that he wouldn't be able to kill her so he accepted Tao's deal.
 

Sooyoung was in shock when she came home to find Siwon's dead body on the floor with a gaping hole on his chest and a missing heart.  She knew that only a Heartless could do this.  "Nice to see you again, Sooyoung."
 

She turned around and saw her old lover whom she never loved.  "Kris, did you do this?"  Tears had started to fall from her eyes.  "How could you?!"
 

"What about you, Sooyoung?! After everything I did for you, how could you do this to me?!?!" Kris snapped back angrily.  He took deep breaths and calmed himself again.  "But I still love you.  I will forgive you and forget everything you've done if you decide to be with me again." 
 

Sooyoung grabbed an expensive vase and smashed it to the wall.  She took hold of a shard and placed it over her chest.  "I'm sorry but I don't think I can ever love you, Kris.  Especially not after you killed Siwon.  I'd rather kill myself and kill you along with me.  Then we can both have an end to our suffering."
 

For a moment, Kris was tempted to just die with Sooyoung but then he saw Tao moving behind Sooyoung.  "I didn't kill, Siwon.  He did."  His gaze remained on Tao.
 

Sooyoung turned around and wasn't even able to have a clear look at Tao as the Heartless moved fast in raising his blade and slashing off Sooyoung's head from her body.  Then Tao ripped the heart out from Sooyoung's body.  "Here.  This belongs to you, doesn't it?" 
 

Kris watched as his heart continued to beat in Tao's hand before looking at Sooyoung's head on the floor.  "Can you keep it for me? Just in case, I fall in love with another mortal.  I don't want another situation like this to happen again."
 

"If that's what you want."  Tao shrugged and placed Kris' heart inside the box along with the other heart that was from Siwon's body. "If you ever want to get your heart back, just ask Kyungsoo.  He'll know where to find me but I won't give it back to you if you simply changed your mind and wanted to give it to another mortal since that's the reason why you made me keep your heart in the first place."
 

Kris nodded in understanding.  He knew that his heart would be in good hands with Tao.  He felt very grateful towards the other Heartless.
 

"You should try falling in love with an immortal next time.  It's much less complicated." Tao said before making his way out of Sooyoung's house.  He never really liked the smell of blood even though he had been killing Heart Thieves for years.
 

Kris knelt down and caressed Sooyoung's cheek.  "Farewell, my love."  He stood up again and was about to leave the house, when he heard a baby's cry.
 

Kris followed the baby's cry which lead him upstairs and into a baby room.  He stood beside the crib which contained a beautiful baby boy.  It was Siwon and Sooyoung's baby but in a way, it was also Kris' baby because his heart was inside Sooyoung's body and if it wasn't for his heart, the baby wouldn't have existed.
 

Kris scooped the baby in his arms and hurriedly left the house.  He hoped Tao was still somewhere nearby.  "Tao!!!"  He shouted as he finally saw Tao's figure. The baby in his arms started to cry, startled by the shout.
 

Tao waited for Kris to catch up.  His eyes widened as he saw the baby in Kris' arms.  "What is that?"  Though the correct question was supposed to be whose baby is that?
 

"Siwon and Sooyoung's but in a way, it is mine since my heart was inside Sooyoung's body.  I want to know the owner of the heart that was from Siwon's body."  Kris said as he made small rocking movements with his arms to comfort the baby.
 

When a name of a Heartless escaped from Tao's lips, Kris knew that he was definitely going to be in love with an immortal this time around.
 

THE END
 

A/N:  The name that Tao mentioned could be his own name or another girl's name (Amber?!?!) or heck, even Kyungsoo's name (does anyone even ship Kris/Kyungsoo? O_o) or maybe YOUR own name.  Now, wouldn't that be nice?  ^_^ 

Or it could be that Tao mentioned another's name but Kris was somehow mesmerized by Tao at the moment.  I'm a shipper so basically any guy with Kris is OKAY for me even if it's Kyungsoo.  (DO is my bias anyway XD)

I'll leave the ending up to your imagination.  Don't forget to comment and tell me whatever you think about this fic ^_^