Stage One : The Message In Blood

House Of Torture
chapterOne
 

Minho yawned, and stretched out his long arms. As he was still slightly sleepy from that one-night stand at the hotel yesterday, he slumped back into the chair. Wait .. Chair? His eyes flung open, his arms flailing about. He slept in A BED last night. "M-Minho?!" He heard a familiar voice, it definitely belonged to his best friend, Taemin. He looked around and found the boy beside him.

"Hyung! We're both chained to the walls of this damn room with Key, Jonghyun, Onew and random strangers! What the hell is going on?!" Taemin used all his strength to try to break the chains on his left ankle. Alas, the chains were way too strong. "RAAAAGGGGGHHH!" He shook the chains back and forth furiously.

Minho squinted into the fog, looking everywhere, at the strangers, at the floor, at the walls. There was something really suspicious and shiny on the floor. "Taemin! There's a hacksaw right there! Try to reach for it!" He motioned to the lethal weapon. "Use that to cut the chains, and we'll be out of here!"

Taemin, already frustrated, gritted his teeth and stretched towards the hacksaw. "Yes!" His slim fingers slowly gripped the handle firmly. "I got it." he grinned. He began sawing the chains away. "It's not even making a dent! What are these damn chains made of?!" Taemin slammed the hacksaw to the ground, frustrated after about 5 minutes of wasted sawing.

"Then what did they give this to us for? To saw off our legs?!" Minho picked up the hacksaw and began sawing through his chains. He thought, and thought as he sawed and sawed. "Wait, to saw off our legs?" He brought up the hacksaw to his eyelevel, and inspected it. He gently slid his finger across the sharp blade. One single drop of blood landed on the polished marble floor. Minho's eyes were blank, his mouth forming a grim line. "Taemin. Take this. I'm gonna try to wake all the guys up." Taemin gave him an amused look. Why would he want to wake them up? Weren't they dead?

Minho cupped his hands around his mouth, and yelled, "HEY GUYS! WAKE UP! ARE YOU ALL DEAD? KEY! ONEW! JONGHYUN!" 

"That was so loud! Wait, where am I? What the hell?"

"Ughhh .. Minho? Is that you?"

"What's happening? Am I in heaven?"

"Why am I chained?"

"Look guys, I don't know why we are here, but all of us are chained up by our left ankles, right?" Minho questioned, glancing at the hacksaw.

All of them gave a slight nod.

"And all of us want to get out of this damn hellhole, right?" Minho hesitated. He picked up the hacksaw, his face expressionless. "Well, I have this hacksaw, and it can't cut through this stupid chain. But I think I know what's it for. Not for the chain."

Key's eyes became as big as plates. "You don't mean .." he pointed to his foot.

"Like the blonde guys said. This saw isn't for sawing the chains." As he positioned the saw just above his left ankle, he whispered, "It's for sawing off our feet."

Everyone flinched as Minho brought the saw down to his foot with a huge force. Blood started to pour out of his badly amputated leg. It was like a scarlet fountain, with blood flowing everywhere. Minho cradled his bloody leg and started screaming. He rocked back and forth, and the screams finally died down after about a few minutes. He just sat there, eyes blank, slightly shaking his head. He turned towards Taemin. "Do you want me to help you?"

"Okay. Just make it fast and less painful." Taemin closed his eyes and shuddered. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Blood started to flow into the drain in the middle of the room. There was lots of blood now. Lots.

Taemin's tears flowed down his chubby cheeks. "Minho." He whispered. He passed down the hacksaw to the next person, Donghae. Taemin tears started to form a small puddle on the floor next to him, mixing with the blood to form a salty concoction.

A few minutes later, when the last person in the room screamed, a hidden door opened up, to reveal a dimly-lighted corridor. 

"I guess that's where we must go." One of the older guys, Siwon, said. "This is the first time I'm crawling."

 

In another room, nine girls were enjoying themselves. The guys' screams were music to their ears. 

"Where did all the blood go, anyway?" Yoona turned towards Taeyeon, the leader and founder of the whole torture house. Taeyeon pursed her lips. She held up a shiny, gold key. "It's all being collected in another secret room. It's going to be used."

"For what?" Sooyoung's eyes started glittering when Sunny pushed her uneaten plate of spaghetti towards her. 

Taeyeon smirked. "I'm not going to give them water for the next few days." She twirled the key around her matching golden hair. "Or food. They really shouldn't have cheated on us. This is literally going to be hell."

As Siwon led the way, they found a safe-looking room with a few chairs. They decided to rest there for a moment before continuing. Eunhyuk, being th last one, quickly hopped into the room. "Quickly, guys, get in. We wouldn't want anybody to get-"

The door slowly shut. The only one that wasn't in the room was Siwon. Everyone stayed still for a few minutes, thinking that Siwon accidentally shut the door. Eunhyuk lifted himself up from the seat. "Siwon?!" He hopped on one foot towards the door, and almost fainted when he opened it. Eunhyuk crumbled to his knees.

Siwon was on the floor, with his eyes gouged out, his mouth sewed shut and blood squirting out of a long, deep cut from his throat to his stomach. In his hand was an envelope, with a pink seal.

On the wall beside him, there was a message written in blood : 

If Siwon didn't hold the door open for you lucky people, Eunhyuk would've been the one who die d.