'Old Friend'

CHAERIN

 

 

Outside one strip Club, the main street of Hamburg’s red light district. Tough and unglamorous. Mina gets out of a taxi, checks the sign of the strip club, crosses the road and enter the club.

 

On a small stage a stripper is performing a routine. At the far end, Michael seats. Late 40s. A creepy uncle in a tailored white suit.

 

He ogles the stripper, but gets no pleasure from it. He gets very little pleasure from anything. He sips from something pink. Nearby are his two “boys”, a big Russian with dead eyes called Titch and a scrawny teenager called Razor, who will stab a man for 10 Euro’s.

 

Mina enters the bar. Michael smiles, briefly, as she walks toward him. She sits and avoids touching anything with her skin.

 

“No kiss?”

 

Mina eyes the stripper. “She’s a bit old isn’t she.”

 

“She has male and female ia.”

 

“And you love her just the way she is.”

 

“I give people what they want. Vera make my friend something sweet.”

 

“I’ll save it for when I need it.”

 

“What do you want, Mina?”

 

Mina smiles. If there’s one thing she likes about Michael it’s that he doesn’t bull. The second thing is he’s the most coldly violent person she’s ever met.

 

“Erik Heinrich’s still alive.” She makes a statement.

 

“Yes. Of course.”

 

“And the girl.”

 

Michael sips his drink as Razor places Mina’s down. “Why are you here? Be concise.”

 

“I need you.”

 

“You need me? Little ole me? I’m very flattered. You have an entire agency. 5000 strapping young men at your disposal.”

 

“I need your talents, darling. I need you to do things my agency will not let me do.” Mina eyes her drink, doesn’t touch it.

 

Then the stripper, her corset open now, barely covering her s.

 

Michael notices something, he stands—“STOP.”

 

Mina stands too, puts a few feet between him and her, not sure he might bite. She’s not scared of him, just cautious.

 

“Again. Start again. AGAIN!” Saliva bursts from his mouth.

 

Razor scurries up on stage and disappears into the back to restart the music. Michael sits, calms, sips his pink drink.

 

“Money.”

 

Mina pulls the fat manila envelope from her inside pocket and drops it on the table.

 

“The girl or Erik?”

 

“She’s in Morocco. It’s all in the envelope. Let me worry about Erik.”

 

“Shall I kill her?”

 

Mina pauses as Razor comes back on stage giving Michael the thumbs up as the music spins something whimsical.

 

“Just find her.”

 

The stripper, almost completely dressed again, swings her hips and begins to remove her clothes again.

 

Mina begins to leave. As she reaches the door Michael ask her a question.

 

“Did she turn out as you hoped?”

 

She pauses at the door, letting the busy street noise in.

 

“Better.” She exits.