Instant Affection

Until I met Him.

 

My name is Byun Baekhyun. I am 20 and I’m currently in an arts school.
Everyone knows me as the guy with innumerous talents  that every girl has fallen for when they first saw me. 
‘He has an amazing voice, he plays piano, he is amazing at painting , his eyes are so beautiful and mysterious like him. He doesn’t speak to anyone really, but he is so hot!’

That’s what all girls say to each other, over and over again. Don’t get me wrong, I know I sing well and my painting is alright, but I don’t see anything good in getting to know me, that’s why I don’t speak to about 99% of the entire school. I think that when people get to know me they get disappointed in me and they don’t want to be with me anymore. That happened my entire life.

When I was born, my mom didn’t want me, so I was left at an orphanage where I lived for  4 years before my  ‘father’, who is a rich and alone old man that got the idea it would be good to have a child as a pet so he could train him into being something amazing, adopted me. I lived in that mansion every day, and every day I would have a bunch of classes to stuff I didn’t even care about. Fencing, vocal lesssons, art lessons, piano lessons, and so on. I got used to going to the rich kids schools and I got the highest grades out of everyone since primary school. It wasn’t an extraordinary thing for me, since I learned everything in advance because of my father.
I didn’t mind really. I never do. I am a cold and expressionless person, with no feelings at all. There were many times I wondered if I was a robot, but that thought left me since I fell for the first time in my life when I was 10, and saw blood on my knee.
Still, me being the most boring person you could ever meet, I am still one of the most popular guys in school. I don’t know what these people are thinking really.

I was boring, I never smiled, and I never had real affection towards anyone. That was, until I met him.

“Hi Baek. How was your morning?” Kyungsoo said (or D.O as people know him around here) as he sat in front of me at lunch. He is one of the only people I talk to. He is known as the kid with the O-O face and the amazing voice. He is nice.

“Normal I guess.” I said while eating my salad that just tasted like grass to me. We sat and ate in silence, since D.O was quite a reserved person too. A few minutes after, Joonmyun (or Suho) arrived and sat with us. He is also one of the only people I am friends with in this school. Again, he is popular, because he is a little bit shy, has “the most beautiful smile” (as girls say it) and yes, also has an amazing voice. We are considered the ‘angel’ group, since for them we are so beautiful and we have such extraordinary voices that we can never be human. Tsk tsk tsk.

“Hey guys, how are you?” He said and sat next to  D.O, flashing him a smile. D.O’s blushed a little bit and smiled back. I never understood why he always blushed around Suho, but its not like I understand anything really.

“How was the audition?” He asked D.O, and I remembered that he had an audition for a musical today, and I lifted my head up and stared at them, interested in the topic. “Fine I guess. They said they would call me tomorrow to say if I’m in or not.” “Of course you are in, you are amazing!” Suho said as he pinched his cheek, making D.O blush again.

“Oh, and guys, I kind of have a friend that I want to introduce you to. He is new here and he just came from another arts school.” Suho said. Here it comes, the introductions. Suho, being the popular fellow he was, he knew everyone in the school, so , he introduced everyone new in school to us, his friends. “Where is he?” D.O said. “Right…” I felt the seat next to me being taken by someone else. “Here!” He said and smiled. I didn’t look, I only looked down and saw he was a guy and by the size of his legs, he was pretty tall.

“So, guys…” I did not look up. “GUYS” he said, and knowing he was referring to me, looked at him.

“This is Park Chanyeol.” He said and I looked at my right, and for the first time in my life, my heart beated faster. He has brown wavy hair and big friendly eyes, and a huge smile that warmed my soul. I never felt like this before. What is this?

“Hi? Are you listening?” He said as he waved his hands. He had a confused face on. So cute. I felt my lips curl upwards, and with a shaky voice, I said:

“H-hi, I’m Byun Baekhyun” I said, with a smile still on my lips. The first time I smiled since I remember. He grinned at me, and I realized my friends were looking at me in aw. The bell rang to announce the end of lunch period, so in about 5 minutes we had to go to class.

“Oh, I gotta go and get my stuff! Nice to meet you D.O , nice to meet you Baekhyunnie!” He said and grinned even more than he already was. Baekhyunnie…? My heart is going to jump out of my chest.
I finally managed to get the smile off my face when he left and I looked at my still ‘o’ face friends.

“Did you just… smile?” D.O said. “I did .. I guess?” I said, trying to get my expressionless face back on. “That’s… interesting” Suho said and looked at D.O with a knowing face. What is going on that I don’t know about? 

 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... this is the first part of my two-shot, and I'll probably update the second chapter still today, or maybe tomorrow. I hope you liked it, tell me what you think about it in the comments pleaase (:

Comment, subscribe, enjoy the fic <3