Chapter 1.

When everything falls down

 

Jane was standing alone at the corner of the ballroom avoiding every famous guests, good looking idols and friends of her brother in law wearing beautiful short dress with long sleeve. It was hard to believe that her brother in law, Kwon, is one of the most powerful people in the music industry thus the endless acquaintance. He too owned one of the most respected music company in Korea. Where famous and international singers and actors came from.

Jane was painfully embarrassed when she had to enter the ballroom together with Kwon and Eliza. Almost all pairs of eyes looked at her. Or that's what she thought. She silently cursed herself coming to Korea. If it wasn't for her beloved sister and her husband forcing her to spend summer with them saying they need someone to look after Minnie, her nephew, because they will be very busy this summer managing the company. Jane couldn't say no. She knew that it would break her heart and Eliza would never call for a nanny. She just doesn't trust strangers. So Jane had to take it as a compliment that Eliza trusted her more than anyone. Besides, she doesn't have anything to do.

Classical music started to play indicate the starting of the event. Jane straightened up when she saw Eliaza locking her arm with Kwon walking towards her. "Jane, we've been looking for you! What are you doing in the corner? You should sit!" Eliza shot questions.

Kwon just smiled amusedly. "Oh don't ask too many questions at once! You know i hate ball especially when there are a lot of people." Jane fired back. Kwon couldn't stop laughing at Jane. She shot him a deathly look and he shut his mouth.

"Oh come on Jane! You're almost 20 now. You don't even have your significant other. I bet you're lonely. Wait you are not into girls, are you?" Kwon teased Jane.

Jane just scoffed. She knew that this conversation would not end if she defend herself. She let a small sighed and look at both couple out of annoyance. It was normal for them when Jane and Eliza locked their arms with Kwon proudly stood between them. He walked them to their table which was right in front of the stage where the important guests were. On the huge round table there were the infamous Big Bang, Se7en, JYP and 2PM. Jane was introduced to the and she bowed as she should. She was afraid to make eye contact with them. They were not scary, she felt intimidated by them. Each one of them looked dashing and handsome in their own suit and wear.  

She was embarrassed with her own makeup-less face and lack of style in her dress. She knew that she did not have the face and the looks. Her face was pale, small eyes and round face.  She did not know anyone in this room except the obvious. She was seated next to her sister and a member of Big Bang named Daesung. He was certainly hard to not notice. His cheer voice to his smiling face brought her to herself. She then found herself to converse with him naturally. Asking him how’s idol life, was he okay with this path and how did he managed to be away with his parents. He just smiled and laughed.

She just sighed silently and looked down the ground when she felt uncomfortable with every single thing. Eliza sometimes had to squeeze Jane hand to keep her grounded. Jane appreciated this gesture and gave her small smile. She glanced to her right, left and her back to know what was her surrounding were. To her surprise the ballroom was filled with people whom she suspected idols and actors.

But little did she know, two pairs of eyes were staring at her. One was filled with anger and proudness. The other one was filled with the love at first sight feeling. That when she turned her head to a particular direction and saw the eyes.