Chapter 2

Love VS Revenge

 

“Al, are you even listening to me?” A woman in her cheetah jacket with sunglasses asked when she sees her son who bumped on her is walking with his eyes closed.

“huh? Er.. yes mum. I heard you.” Al woke up when his assistant nudged him at his waist. His mum shook her head in disbelief and got into the car.

“Come in, we’re going to meet Uncle Lee.”

--------------

At a Ballroom

“Mum, is this the ‘your daughter and my son look so good together’ times again?” Al whispered to his mum.

“It’s just a meeting, son.” His mum smiled. Al sighed.

“Hello, mr.Kim. Let me introduce my son, Al.”

“Hello, ms.Victoria. This is my niece, Sunny.” Mr.Kim said while shake-hand with Victoria.

Both parties sat down and had dinner together.

“Al, could you exchange seat with me?” Victoria asked.

At first, Victoria was sitting between Sunny and Al but now since Victoria insists switching her place with Al, Al and Sunny is now sitting together.

Al gave her mum the ‘same-old-trick again’ look. And Victoria just smiles as if nothing happened. Al who is a mamma boy of course doesn’t go against his mum’s request.

*******

Sunny and Al went out to take a walk leaving both businessman and businesswoman discussing their business together. 

But the silence between the awkward Sunny and Al is too long. How long? AN HOUR!!!

“My uncle and your mum were best friends, right?” Sunny starts off the conversation.

“Yeah. They were classmates too.” Al answered. Both trying hard not to let the atmosphere goes silent again. But then again, anyone can feel the air between them is super awkward. They fell silence again and Al continued to walk with Sunny until they reached Lee Mansion.

---------

Liu Mansion

“What do you mean you two didn’t talk for 1 hour 55 minutes?” Victoria asked when Al came back from sending Sunny off.

“Well, I don’t know. We just have nothing to talk about.” Al said and scratched the back of his neck.

“Nothing to talk about? Then what you both do for two hours?”

“We just….. Walked. I walked her home.” Al said and took a sip of his cappuccino.

Victoria can’t believe her ears. She held the back of her head.

“Oh my, mum. Are you alright?” A panicked.

“Sir, you know your mum has high blood pressure. And you’re doing this.” Luna, Victoria’s childhood assistant said.

“I can’t do anything, Mr.Lee’s niece just isn’t meant for me. If we are meant for each other, we’ll have a lot to talk about without squeezing our heads out for topics.” Al said and went back to his room.

 

Days Later

“You better get yourself a girlfriend before  I get you a wife.” Victoria said to her son before her son closed the door and went out of sight.

“Get a wife? Please.. I’m still young.”

 

Name: Amber Liu a.k.a Al

Description:  borned rich. studied abroad in the U.S  before his parents moved to Korea for business purposes.

Lived by the family quote of “stay far from the Jung family.” Without knowing the history.

 

Al is resting on the bench in the park after jogging for hours.

“Nae unnie. I’ll be back soon before breakfast. Nae. Ouch.” Krystal who was on the phone with her sister tripped on a banana peel.

“Are you okay.” Al asked as he offer his hand to help Krystal.

“N-nae. I’m fine. Thanks.” Krystal said and smiled shyly.

“Glad you’re okay. “ Al said and picked up the banana peel and threw it in the trash bin.

“This is the right place for things like that.” Al said smilingly at Krystal.

Krystal stunned at the cute sight.

(He’s cute when he smiles. Damn it Krystal Jung!! Get a hold of yourself!!! –Krystal)