One

Forever and Always

 

“I got a boy meotjin, I got a boy chak-“

 

“Hello?”

 

“Goodness sakes, Jessica wake up!”

 

The girl immediately sat up straight and headed to the washroom to freshen up.

 

“Alright mom, I’m awake, you didn’t have to shout geez.”

 

“Are you ready for your first day of work Soo Yeon?”

 

“If I say I’m not ready, can I go back home?”

 

No reply came from the other line.

 

“I understand mom, rest assured, I’m ready. That’s about it; I’m hanging up, goodbye.”

 

Jessica let out a sigh before looking at her reflection in the mirror. She lifted up her fist and punched the mirror lightly.

 

“What a life…”

 

---

 

Jessica looked at herself in the mirror again and made sure she was properly attired before heading out the hotel room.

 

Pulling a huge luggage behind her, she walked around the streets of Gangnam, fascinated at the posh buildings and luxurious apartments around her.

 

“The family I’m working for must be filthy rich for them to be able to live in this estate…”

 

She took out her phone in her pocket and dialled a number.

 

“Im’s Residences here, how may I help you with?”

 

“Hey, I’m a new worker and I’m a little bit lost, could you tell me the directions to get to the estate?”

 

“Your name is Jessica right?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“May I ask where you are at now?”

 

“Just in front of this building called “IGAB Entertainment”.”

 

“That’s lucky. It’s the building our master owns, go right in the building and the workers will know what to do.”

 

Before she had a chance to reply the person, the line was cut off.

 

“How rude…”

 

She entered the building carrying her huge and obviously heavy luggage around. She was about to walk further in when she was stopped by a hand.

 

“Let me carry that miss.”

 

Jessica looked at the guy dressed smartly in a suit and just slowly nodded her head.

 

“How may I help you?”

 

“I’m looking for the Im’s Residences.”

 

The man looked at her from head to toe before shaking his head.

 

“You are the new maid?”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“You are definitely not going there dressed like that. Come with me.”

 

---

 

“That’s better.”

 

Jessica was now dressed like a worker in a café, sporting a girly look.

 

“Do I have to really dress like this as a maid, I mean walking around like this in the house?”

 

The man nodded.

 

“That’s the rules. My name is Lee Donghae; I basically manage all the workers in the residence.”

 

Jessica bowed slightly.

 

“My name is Jessica.”

 

Dong Hae smiled before gesturing for Jessica to follow him.

 

“This is the Im’s Residences company; IGAB. A lot of famous artists are from this company so if you are lucky, you get to see them around here.”

 

Jessica nodded her head in awe before looking around the building, fascinated by the interior design.

 

Donghae led Jessica till a door, standing in front of it.

 

“Behind this door is a pathway that leads to the mansion. To get through this door, you’ll have to get through the security. Here’s a card. Now remember, no matter what, never ever lose this card you understand?”

 

Jessica looked at Donghae for a while before nodding.

 

“This card will get you through this door.”

 

He then placed a card on the handle of the door and the door immediately swung open.

 

“Welcome back, Lee Dong Hae.”

 

Donghae smiled before entering the door.

 

Before Jessica could step a foot forward, the door abruptly closed.

 

Jumping up from the shock, she cursed under her breath.

 

“Some security they have here…”

 

“Jung Jessica, place your card over the handle so you can get in.”

 

An announcement was made.

 

“Wow, they can see everything? Wow, just wow.”

 

---

 

Jessica didn’t know what could not be amazing to her now.

 

The house was huge. She knew the family was rich but this was still a shock to her.

 

Jessica POV

 

How did Mom find this job?

 

This house is enormous!

 

“Jessica, please follow me.”

 

So I followed Donghae into the house and again I was shocked. It’s so beautiful! Just how rich are they?

 

“Here let me introduce the staff to you.”

 

Donghae cleared his throat before clapping his hands twice. Somewhat, all the workers came to him.

 

“This is Victoria, our head chef. This is Soo Young, the one who supervises all of you guys.”

 

And the list went on and on.

 

End of Jessica POV

 

“Ayo Jessica! Nice to meet you! I’m Soo Young, but they call me Soo.”

 

Jessica nodded her head at the over excited girl and looked around the house.

 

“Fascinated right? You’ll be more fascinated when you try to clean the house, you’ll never see the end of the walls.”

 

Soo Young let out a chuckle before lightly patting Jessica’s back.

 

“Here, I’ll lead you to the dorms you’ll be living in.”

 

---

 

“You’ll be rooming with Hara. She’s a pretty friendly girl so I’ll think you guys would get along just fine.”

 

Jessica nodded again before placing her luggage on the bed.

 

“Hey, no time to laze around, I’ll take you on a tour around the house. Might take a while though, you wouldn’t mind right?”

 

“No.”

 

Jessica was wrong.

 

“Shouldn’t have agreed to have her tour me around the house…” she mumbled under her breath.

 

Apparently, Soo Young had found some food and was munching on it now.

 

“Sorry Jess, I’m just really hungry you know?”

 

“She’s always hungry.”

 

Jessica turned towards the source of the voice and found a sporty looking girl standing by the main doors.

 

“You must be Jessica, I’m Hyoyeon.”

 

“Shut up Hyo! By the way she’s the head of the bodyguards. Never let your guard in front of her! Get it? Hahahah! Never let your GUARD down!”

 

Soo Young rolled on the floor, unable to stop her laughter.

 

“Very funny Soo, Jessica just follow me, I’ll tour you around instead.”

 

“That’s my job!”

 

“Just continue eating will you.”

 

Jessica chuckled before following behind Hyoyeon.

 

---

 

“Finally, this is the laundry room. Yeah, that’s about it.”

 

Jessica wondered about the room near the corner which Hyoyeon didn’t tell her about but didn’t want to ask about it.

 

“Hyoyeon! Could you come here for a while?”

 

Hyoyeon smiled awkwardly at Jessica before excusing herself.

 

Seeing that Hyoyeon was gone, Jessica let her curiosity get the better of her and walked towards the room located at the corner.

 

Not bothering to knock, she twisted the door knob.

 

“Who said you could go in?”

 

A voice appeared from behind her and she jumped up in shock for the second time.

 

She turned around and saw a girl, probably a few years younger than her behind.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m new around here so I didn’t know.”

 

“Get lost. Don’t ever appear in front of my face.”

 

Jessica was utterly shocked by the rudeness of the girl in front of her.

 

“Excuse me? Is this how you talk to someone older than you? Where are your manners?! I already said I’m sorry! It’s not like you are the owner of this room anyway.”

 

The girl scoffed before shoving Jessica aside.

 

“I would say you better apologize now if you want a better life.”

 

It was now Jessica’s turn to scoff.

 

“Who do you think you are?!”

 

Just then, Hyoyeon and Soo Young heard the commotion and quickly ran up the stairs.

 

“Young Mistress! Jessica!”

 

Jessica turned to look at Soo Young and Hyoyeon in shock.

 

“I am so dead.”

 

Author's note:

Here's the very first chapter of my newly reconstructed story! So much for a first meeting right? Jessica will be in deep trouble~ Jessica, here comes troubleeee~ Yoonsic both have bad impressions of each other huh? I can't believe I made Jessica a maid here. Sorry Jess! IGAB is awesome right? Comments are appreciated! So long~