It went a little like this.

She'll never get a boyfriend.

He cleared his throat promptly and threw the most charming smile threateningly back at the taller male.

"Ah, no. You must be mistaken. Miss Moon is dancing with me." Sehun bristled and turned his head briefly to Hwa Yeon as if to indicate it.

Chanyeol tilted his head, turning his sardonic eyes with arrogant confidence at the other male.

Turning to Hwa Yeon, he murmured huskily, "Would you like to dance with me? Or would you like to dance with that inferior specimen of whom it calls itself Oh Sehun?"

"Ah, yeah. No. I'd like Mr Oh, if he will have me as his partner."

An air of finality and the haste of her response caused Chanyeol to stiffen in humiliation, surprised and hurt. In fact, he did not know which to feel.

Male pride. It does strange things.

"If the lady pleases-" And with a stiff nod, turned to leave.

But of course, he was much more clever than her. He never knew the meaning of social embarrassment - and thought it favourable of keeping it that way.

"- just as I am pleased with our first time last night."

First time.

First time?

What first time?

First time what?

She stared in horror at his blatant lie - a scandalous remark. Park Chanyeol, you need to ing stop right now-

Sehun turned to stare at her, quite affronted. "I apologise, Miss Moon. I was not aware that you were ah, intimately acquainted with Mr Park. Perhaps, another time."

"No, no, that's not true. I don't even know what he's talking about. Mr Oh-"

But the handsome Sehun had already bowed cordially and excused himself.

What followed afterwards was a psychological battle with humiliation.

"Maybe I should move to China and change my name," she groaned as she pounded her head and tore at her hair with her hands.

"Sorry to break it to you but the fact is,  I did not drive here to waste my time standing at the sidelines as a reject," he scoffed as he checked his fingernails against the chandelier lighting.

Hwayeon shot him a dirty look before her lips curled into a smirk. 

"Of course I picked him. He was so much hotter. So much hotter. Hotttttt...er. Smoking hot." To be very honest, she wasn't really making a point about Sehun's appearance. She was just so aggravated that pretty much everything was hotter than him. Even the tablecloth was hotter than him.

Oh yeah?

Chanyeol slowly craned his neck to scour the crowd, to double-check. He's not even that hot. And he's got that stupid lisp. What's so hot about him anyw-

Wait.

Wait a ing sEconD.

I shouldn't even be caring about what Hwayeon thinks anyway. She's not my girlfriend. I don't even like her.

I'm just doing it for Mom. We both knew that. I knew that.

This is stupid.

"Yeah, I guess he is hotter than me. I'm sorry about before. It was inappropriate. You know, sorry about the whole night. I shouldn't have come - I'm going home. Uh, nice meeting you again."

When he stood up to leave, she should have felt relieved but for some reason and for a reason she didn't know why, she felt numb all over.


She sat at the table, like a slug. Whatever. I didn't even ask him to come. If you ask me, it was all his faul-

"Hwayeon-ah! Weren't you just talking to Sehun before? Why are you all alone now?"

She looked up miserably to the concerned yet beautiful face of Tiffany again.

"Oh, uh, I'm not really good with conversation and I didn't want to make it awkward so-"

"That's a lie and you know it. You're just like Sehun - as shy as always. You should let Sehun drive you home - he's got a lovely car and no one to sit in it with him. I've spoken with Victoria and she gave the all-clear." She winked and waltzed off into the crowd.

Hwayeon has never been more embarrassed in her entire life.

Alone?

In a car?

With a man?

A MAN?

She felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around slowly.

Oh no. It was Sehun.

He probably regrets everything that happened before. He probably doesn't want to talk to-

"Uh..hi again. I don't think Tiffany knows you have a boyfriend already. I'll just let her know and-"

"He's not my boyfriend. He was just...playing before. And I haven't slept with anyone. Okay? NO ONE. NOBODY."

She shut quickly and cringed. I should just kill myself.

Sehun stared at her. "Um, okay. You don't...have to clear that up with me."

"Yes, I do- I mean, no. I mean-"

Okay, self-destruct in 3, 2, 1- 

She looked up. He was taken aback but he was smiling. Kindly and in amusement. Hwayeon smiled timidly in return.

"Well, I uh, better get going. The party's finishing up soon. It was nice meeting you, Miss Moon. I'm sorry I couldn't get a dance with you," he chuckled, almost regretfully.

She closed her eyes for a while, before opening them again. This time, in earnest and womanly charm.

"Oh Sehun, would it be okay if you could still drive me home?"

This is it, Moon Hwayeon. You're going to get a man tonight.


Author's note: My fic is turning into some sort of crack-fic I don't even know what happened there. And to my subscribers, sorry for the three year delay. I've come back and I've decided to continue writing. You guys are probably like "wtf b2utystarship came back after three years wtf i am 200% done with her" and this update is really short but I hope I've done enough to win y'all back. My writing's still a little rusty so I sincerely sorry if it's more crack than fic but here you go. For the ones who stayed, y'all angels.