Oh no you didn’t.

She'll never get a boyfriend.

Ms Moon stole a glance at the dorky tall man beside her beautiful daughter.

"Well, why are you hiding something like this? We should throw a part-"

"I want to keep it quiet."

"-y." Hwa Yeon's mother narrowed her eyes in disapprovement. "Foolish child. Are you embarrassed?"

Hwa Yeon smiled nervously. "Yeah, um, totally. You know."

Ms Moon opened to say something but someone must have directed her attention elsewhere because she smiled and gave Hwa Yeon a quick kiss on the forehead. "Well, you go and have fun with Mr Park because oh dear, the company directors are here."

"Will do, mom. Will do," she called out helpfully as she watched her mother disappear into the crowd, champagne glass in one hand. Hwa Yeon turned sharply on her heel to face, quite disapprovingly, a twenty year old scavenging the party food table.

"This is good stuff," munched Chanyeol as he his fingers like that kid at your birthday party that hogs all the cake. "Heaven on a plate, Hwa."

She scoffed. "Good. I hope you get a stomach ache later." But the cakes and sweets were looking at her with their docile eyes and beckoned her to come closer in a most tempting fashion. She spotted a coffee almond cake sitting quite alone on its porcelain plate and as she reached out to take it, her wrists touched another's.

Oh my god, she thought. This cannot be happening to me. This is like in those dramas where two people reach for the same thing and-

"Hey, you can have it," a feminine, tinkling voice sounded. Hwa Yeon looked up to be faced with the most beautiful lady who smiled at her. She covered and turned around briefly.

snsd___tiffany_by_anna06i-d4xtyld.png

Oh my god, she cringed. It's the top supermodel of that Marie Claire magazine. Tiffany Hwang.

When she had turned around again, the lady was looking at her in confusion and amusement.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, um, totally fine. No, it's okay. I don't really like that cake."

Tiffany laughed and tilted her head at the younger female who seemed to be in panic mode. Hwa Yeon felt as if her heart would stop. It was beating so fast if she suffered a cardiac arrest, she wouldn't be surprised.

"I'm just, well actually, you're much more beautiful in person."

Oh my dear god, Hwa Yeon cringed once again. Did I just say something stupid?

"Why thankyou, and you're quite pretty yourself. Can I ask your name?"

"Huh? Me? Hwa Yeon. Moon Hwa Yeon."

"Moon Hwa Yeon...? You must be Victoria's little sister, aren't you? I'm great friends with your sister. We did high school together," Tiffany spoke cordially.

"Really? That's wonderful." Hwa Yeon was truly stunned. Victoria never said anything about this. "Are you familiar with the Choi's?"

Tiffany shrugged indifferently and sighed. "Well, they're...mutual friends." She paused before a wicked gleam crossed her eyes. "Do you want to meet someone?"

Hwa Yeon sighed and smiled. Why not? she thought. Since Chanyeol had a romantic date with the food table.

"Sehun-ah! There's someone I'd like you to meet," Tiffany called out. Hwa Yeon gazed in admiration. Even when she was calling out, she did it ever so elegantly. When Hwa Yeon called out, she sounded like one of those ahjummas at the fish market.

"Sehun, Hwa Yeon. Hwa Yeon, my little bro'," Tiffany said as she smiled widely at the two awkward turtles who stared at each other.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTcp5Mcq-bOFpRHRqXeItawkward-black-cute-gif-gifs-Favim.com-23

"We don't have to do this if you don't want to," began Hwa Yeon as she backed off. Sehun held out his hand slowly but politely.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Hwa Yeon." His voice was quiet and reserved.

"Uh, nice to meet you too." She bowed before taking his hand slowly.

"Sorry, my sister likes to do this a lot," he explained quietly as he gave her a small, apologetic smile. "Do you want to dance with me?" A grand waltz orchestral piece swelled around her.

She blinked. Once. Twice. "Yes, I'd like-"

"-I hate to , but she's dancing with me," a deep voice resonated. "Right..my darling honey?"

And who other to than the handsome Chanyeol as he stared coldly at the rival male.

Sehun blinked. Once. Then twice.