the cliff vs the dance floor

The Last Dance

 

YOUR POV

 

 

The class distribution was over and it turned out that you were going to be Kai’s classmate. He was accosted by one of the teachers and asked why he did not wear his name tag, he said that he left the name tag at home, then the teacher told Kai to follow him, Kai asked you to put your bag on his seat so that no one would sat on it.

 

After the opening speech by the principal which was boring, it was time to extracurricular demos! You'd been waiting for this event, because, your school was also famous for its extracurricular’s variety and quality.

 

A person with his heavy breath sat beside you, you turned around and find Kai who was pouting his lips, you noticed  that something was different from him. Apparently, Kai wore big name tag that made of ugly cardboard and his name was written with black marker, his full name is “kim jong in”, he looked funny and stupid.

 

"Hahahahahah!" You laughed and glanced at Kai, "now who looks stupid? me? You? At least mine is made of the high quality board!” you replied what Kai said before.

 

"oh please just shut up! My handsome face will not be affected by this stupid name tag!" he said dismissively.

 

You furrowed eyebrows, 'This child seemed genuinely mentally ill' you thought. You were hoping that you would find anyone who was at least more normal than the person beside you. Suddenly there were the sounds of drums and trumpets, You and kai were both surprised.

 

"look at them!" Kai pointed out, you look towards what he pointed out, a group of people dressed in sparkling yellow and blue uniform filled the hall, they carried the big music instruments, the beautiful music filled the room.

 

"Ah ... marching band, you want to join that club?" You asked kai who started to look bored.

 

Kai his chin, "you gotta be kidding me, I don’t want to wear those sparkling costumes! What am i? Edward Cullen? "

 

You stood up and looked around for an empty seat, but they were not available anymore. In fact you wanted to move from your seat because Kai was really annoying.

 

You sighed and sat down on the same chair again, Kai wasn’t aware of your efforts. You were watching the extracurricular demo, the marching bands, colorful costumes, the great beats, you watched it with fascination.

 

"You want to join that club?" Kai looked at you with his almond shaped eyes.

 

"It is not my passion!" you exclaimed firmly with a smile.

 

Kai tilted his head and looks at you, "then what’s your passion?"

 

"THAT is my passion!" your eyes dilated when there was a light from the big screen in the hall, there was a beginning of a short film entitled "the backpackers club."

 

 

Kai's pov

 

'The backpackers club?' I said to myself, I just have to wait until the film's title disappears and replaced by a film that tells what the backpackers club really is. I watched it carefully so I will understand why this girl beside me was very excited.

 

The screen dimmed out to black, and appeared the face of a boy, he was my sunbae I guess. He wore a thick jacket with a large rucksack on his back, it seemed like he was hiking.

 

The boy looked tired and was holding something above him, in the movie he said, "my name is Chanyeol, now I'm climbing on a cliff!" The camera slowly went back from him and showed the boy who was climbing the high cliff, it was a real cliff, it wasn’t a fake one, and underneath the cliff there was the abyss!

 

I looked at _____ with my eyes wide opened, but she did not realize, I looked at her from her head to her toe, she looked so fragile! I couldn’t believe that she was watching that movie with her eyes glowing. My stomach was hurt just to imagine if I was the one who was climbing the cliff. I didn’t say anything tho, I was trying to keep watching the movie.

 

The Scene changed to the group of boys who were in the middle of the desert, they all looked dirty and I was sure that they were probably hadn’t deal with water in 5 days, because they looked really dirty, they shouted "we are the backpackers club, and we're in the desert of Egypt!" they jumped for joy.

 

"Awesome!" ____ whispered in awe.

 

I just shook my head slowly, that movie lasted for 8 minutes, the people In it was mostly boys, It was actually a documentary movie of their journey.

 

____ Stared at me, "I'll join the club!" she said excitedly.

 

I just shrugged when actually inside I was shocked.

 

After they finished the documentary movie, I could hear a hip-hop music playing, there were about 16 male students who did a battle dance. Their body movements were very cool and extraordinary, I got stunned. I love to dance, but I've been dancing for myself, no one knew that I love to dance. I bit my lower lip, thinking to get into the hip-hop dance club, maybe it could make me have more spirit to go to school! I said "yes" in my heart.

 

___ was looking at me, although I did not say anything but it seems like she knew that I liked the hip hop dance demo. she just smiled a little and continued to pay attention to the next demo. she was playing with something in her hand.

 

 

compass

 

 

I saw her playing an old compass with her hand.

 

please comment :) hehe