The Ending's Beginning

Paint Me A Blank Canvas

 

 

 

 

 

When I’m painting it feel as if I’m in a different world. A world of my own, a world that I’ve created and painted with my brushes, paints and blank canvas, I’m at peace whenever I’m in it.

 

Red, red is occasionally mixed with white and purple mixes with the deep shade of burgundy. I’m a painter with many dreams. And throughout my journey, my brushes, oil paint tubes and a blank canvas have always been my company.

 

The smell of seed oil circled around the white room while my hands controlled the brush to color the red floral dress of a beautiful maiden. A handsome young man, a child giddily hopping in the middle, and a woman dressed in a floral dress. The mother's grip on her child's wrist is strong; it represents her warmth and limitless love, guidance, her protection even. And then there’s the father in the right side of the canvas, he's the tower, the root of strength and wisdom, and the stronghold of the family.

 

This is my family portrait, and I’m happy that it’s finally finished.

 

I wiped the beads of sweat in my forehead before placing the palette down on the round table next to my oil tubes. A sigh of relief, then I grabbed the colors of blue, white and purple. It’s time to paint the background, and my Mother’s favorite color would be perfect for it.

 

A knock on the door, the sound of a turning door knob “Hey, are you done?”   

 

I turned my head slightly before nodding, “Almost.” I smiled at him while waving the brush that’s smeared with red paint.

 

He hummed with a thoughtful expression. “I see”, he whispered before he approached me with a soft smile. “What a beautiful family portrait.”, he pointed at the canvas.

 

I smiled softly, I reached for his nose and pinched it lightly, “It’s beautiful, right?”, I proudly responded with an adorning smile, and he just stood there with an approving sneer.

 

He patted my back softly; his hand’s making its way to my slightly bloated tummy. “Kai, stop.” I demanded with a smile before turning back to my canvas again. “The baby will think that his father is weird.”

 

He laughed loudly; he bent down and hugged me from behind in a warm embrace. “After the baby is born, paint us a family portrait too.”

 

I smiled at him happily, “Yeah, sure. That’s a good idea.”

 

He kissed me on the cheek, his warm lips against my skin and his hot breath hitting my flesh. “I love you.”

 

I can feel the familiar heat on my cheeks, and my smile is accompanied with a giggle that’s full of glee. “I know.” I answered him knowingly before I turned to my canvas to finish my painting.

 

His affectionate embrace slowly leaves me and I can hear his footsteps departing the room with every step. I picked up the palette with a smile before picking up the colors that’s needed to finish my painting.

 

I’m happy, I really am.

 

But it’s not like this before. Before everything else in my life was dark, everything was painted with black, and nothing else illuminated my life. My life before was a dirty canvas tainted with hate, but then I met Kai and he helped me by painting my life’s canvas white, he helped me paint it blank, he saved me from myself.

 

And our love story will remain in my heart, and when our child is all grown up, I'll tell him about the journey that his father and I travelled. It’s a long story that is shared by many people, it includes a dark past, bitterness, and hatred. And it includes an unfinished family portrait.

 

And it all started in a warm summer solstice.

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

The 1st chapter will be posted tomorrow.

Thank you for checking out this fic. ;)

And if you're generous enough, then leave a comment for me, please. :D