Birthday brick

one last dance.

"Junhonggie! Happy birthday!" jongup shouted once the door of junhong's door flung open. The blonde boy jumped back and yelped in fright, clutching his chest. But his face soon melted into a smile once he saw the familiar features of his best friend. 

 

"Sorry I'm not that good at baking..." jongup ruffled his own hair, looking at the box he held out in front of him.  "Haha! Hyung! What's that supposed to be?" junhong laughed as he eyed the mysterious pastry held out to his face. It had the words "happy birthday junhong!" scribbled in bad handwriting on it. 

 

 

"Uhm... A brownie?" 

 

 

"oh..." junhong stared at it a little longer. It looked like a brick. A brownish black brick. "Well, what're you doing outside? Come in silly!" he grabbed the older by his arm and dragged him inside. The house was small, unlike his house, yet it felt somewhat familiar compared to his own. Jongup set the cake on the table, waiting for junhong to get a knife and forks. He stared fervently at the flowers in his hands, thinking of a less awkward way to present them. 

 

 

"Here you go! Happy birthday!" jongup wasn't the type to blush. But if he could, his face would be deep red by now. Junhong on the other hand, blushed way too easily. His stomach did flips like a teenage girl going on a date with the hot guy who had the cool ride. He screamed and spazzed mentally, accidentally letting out a giggle.  "But hyung! I'm not a girl!" junhong cleared his throat and managed a boyish laugh to make up for his giggle.  "Huh? I thought you said daisies made you happy... Oh... I'm so sorry..." jongup looked shattered and it made junhong want to pull him into a choking embrace on the spot.  "I'm just kidding you idiot! They're pretty!" junhong grabbed the flowers and began his search for a vase. 

 

 

"Like you..." jongup muttered softly in response. Little did he know that junhong picked up traces of those words, but he shook his head. No, jongup couldn't have said that!  They chopped up the cake (not cut, because it had the softness equivalent to that of cement) and began eating it. It was awful, jongup made a face and began apologizing again. Junhong wanted to spit it all out and rinse the burnt taste out of his mouth, but this cake made him happier than any other cake had. And he was determined to finish it.  "Hyung, you're a crappy baker. But I can taste the love." junhong nudged jongup and winked. 

 

 

"Really? You have no idea... I think I'll be needing a new oven.. Probably a new kitchen...."