Chapter 1

Infection Case Control 2: Seoul

Narrator's

A normal day for you starts with you getting up at exactly seven in the morning, take a shower, brush your teeth, get dress for school, and walked out the door at exactly seven fourty. You would then make her way towards the small coffee shop on the corner of your dorm's building, ordering your usual cup of caramel machiato, two shots. Only today wasn't a normal day, no where on your agenda did it say 'wake up to the sound of someone pounding on your door, and finding a zombie when you open it.' Nor did it say 'kill the zombies, and save civillians.'

After your introduction, Kris borrow your laptop, checking through some things while you sat on one of the chairs, your thinking face on. "Hey Kris, can you make sure all these people stay unconsious? I need to make a call." You nodded at the people laying on the floor.

"Sure thing." Kris wave you away, too busy looking at his email.

"thanks..." You mutter, making your wait into the small restroom at the corner of the basement.

"Now who can I call without screaming?" You mutters darkly, scrolling through your phone contact with a sneer. Finally calling 'Turtle Jer,' after a couple minutes.

"Hey Val" the guy pick up after the second ring.

"Hey Jer," you sigh, "I'm sorry for sounding so rude, but do you by any chance know what the ing hell is going on in Seoul? My classmates and I were recently attacked by the undead, although they're not decomposing... Yet."

"What? Are you kidding Val?" The guy started laughing on the other line.

"I'm serious here Jer, something is going on, and I need to know what." You growl, trying to not scream.

"Alright, alright, let me turn on the screen, there should be news about it."

"thank you!" You rolls her eyes in exasperation, waiting for him to response.

"Oh my god..." There was a pause, follow by shrieking in the back ground. "Holy mother of scarlet Val, does zombies follow you everywhere?"

"apparently so... Jer Just...." You paused, sighing as you ran a hand through your hair in frustration. "Just please gather the team, and report to Ethan. I have to go, General Wu is watching over the people right now, and we need to keep them knocked out until further notice."

"Alright Tini, stay safe. We'll be there as soon as possible. Do you need anything from home? And did you say General Wu?"

"Yeah Jerry.... I need you guys here with me. " You sighs, you had always worked with YOUR team. Never did anything without them.

"Right on Tini, I promise we'll get to you soon. Just so you know, I'm packing as we speak."

"Thanks so much Jer, I'll see ya." You hung up, exiting the bathroom in an even worse mood.

"What's wrong?" Kris ask when he saw your eyes, it's like looking at hell fire.

"What the hell is this?! Am I curse or something? Wherever I go, ing zombies appear!" You ranted, pacing back and forth.

"My my av-- General Aven, that would mean all of us are curse." Kris grin, twirling around the dagger in his hand.

You turn, glaring at him hard. "Don't start Kris, you're lucky you weren't based in California. Those dumb es were anything but cooperative." You mutters, taking a seat next to Kris.

"Vancouver wasn't that great neither, we had to navigate around fogs." Kris pause, holding up his finger to make a point. "And just so you know, that is not the best thing to do while hunting zombies, grabbing surviors, and taking samples for our researcher." Kris sighs, resting his head on his hand when you did not reply. "You wanna hear a funny story? It'll make you feel better."

You smiles, resting your head on your knees, facing Kris. "Sure thing General. We'll exchange so it'll be fair."

Kris laugh, shaking his head. "Why don't you tell me about you instead? I've heard so much, yet know so little."

"How about a game of twenty questions first then? We have over twelve hours before they come. After that we'll share stories. And hopefully, these people will sleep through the night."

"You're on Valentine. You first, or me?" Kris eyes sparkle in excitement.

"Please just call me Val, and you can go first, I know you're dying to ask me something right now." You rolls your eyes, a fond smile on your lips.

Kris laughs, nodding his head in agreement. "You're right. First question, is Valentine your real name? If so, why did your parent name you that?"

"Yes Valentine is my real name, and they named me Valentine because mother was mesmerized by the Earthling's Valentine's day. Why are you in Seoul?"

"That's a horrible way to name your child, but for some reason, it fits." You smile brightly, a pretty blush on your face. "Thanks..."

Kris grin, bumping his shoulder against your's lightly, "I'm in Seoul to meet some of the new trainees. They're preparing Seoul in case of another recurring attack, which is very smart considering the situation."

"so that bastard was lying to me!" You started cursing under your breath. "Calm down now, what are you doing here in Seoul. I thought you were station in Hong Kong?" Kris change the subject, chuckling when your eyes started sparkling.

"I'm in the terrestrial exchange program for Yonsei Earth Univeristy medical program. The offer was so amazing, I couldn't say no. So my team and I were given an 11 months break. Did you know? Yonsei E.R. Program is the best? I learn to sew up a wound using just strings and a needle!"

"I did not know that, but it's good to know. Now I know who to go to when I'm injure." Kris wiggle his eyebrows teasingly. You laughs, shoving his shoulder playfully, rolling your eyes. "My next question. Which planet are you from?"

"Nothing gets pass you huh? I'm from the planet EXO, it's right outside this solar system. The Earthlings came to our planet seventeen years ago, asking us to save their planet. We decided to help, so here I'm, fighting the infected ones, or as they call it Zombies, to save the Earth. I don't understand why they still allows people to live here though. But I have to admit, it's much more peaceful than space. Which planet are YOU from? You keep on asking me questions that I want to ask you..." Kris sighs, looking at the ceiling wistfully.

You laugh, a real laugh this time. "So I guess you don't like Earth very much huh? My family doesn't neither. They believe it's a waste of time, but ironicly my bastard of a cousin controls my Planet's Zombie extermination base. And to answer your question, I'm from Polaris, it's also right outside this solar system. The scarlet star is our 'sun.'"

A look of realization took over Kris face. "Oh! The port planet of the Scarlet trio! I've been there for the winter ball, and it is a gorgeous planet. My favorite part of the day have to be when Scarlet sets. The sky is just... Enchanting."

"It is a very beautiful shade of scarlet..." You smile at the thought, "anyways, knowing that you're from planet EXO, what is your power? Your people have a very unique trait."

"My power is flight, and I'm also a pyrokinetic. When we are born, we are born as a set, although not related in anyway, we share the same power. We are consider brothers, same powers and same sky, sharing one destiny." Kris laugh when he saw the disgusted look on your face. "I know, that was cheesy wasn't it?" You nodded, laughing. "Anyways, my set name is Changyeol. He is part of ZI-14."

"Oh I get it! Everyone on your team is a set to the members of ZI-14 right?" You ask excitedly, Kris nodded his head in confirmation. "Anyways, who is in your team?"

"give me a sec." You stood up, running to your bag, and pulled out a small thin pad. "I'll show you instead." You wave the pad around, a silly smile on your face as you took your seat.

"And that must be the famous holographic port Pad." Kris commented, moving closer to you.

You nodded, sticking your access card into the pad. "Yes it is, this is my liutenant, Desik Typh or D1. She is the mind controller and fighter." A hologram of a tall dark blue hair beauty appear. Her hair tied in a high ponytail, her bangs sweep to the right. "This is her twin, Dena Typh or D2. She generates forcefield, and she have the psyren voice." The exact replica of Desik appears, but her bangs are out of her face, and her hair is shorter. "This is Joey Honarieh or Duckie. He's our plasma weapon master, and he's a mass manipulator(increase or decrese size of anything ex. Crushing). He also gather samples along with Kora." Two guys a took their place next to the girls, the guy with dark red hair that goes to the nape of his neck stood behind Desik, his arm around her waist, a gentle smile on his lip. The other guy have sandy brown hair that goes to his ear. "Joey and Desik are together." You pause, smiling at the hologram fondly. "The other one is Kora Bassery or Fox, he's our energy blaster, his body release all these energy as a weapon. Lastly, my very close and precious friend, Jerry Santirae or Turtle." An image of a tall guy with purple hair that's sweep away from his eyes appear. "He's our gemma weapon specialist, sonic Beamer (generates very high sounds frequency), and pilot."

Kris looks at the hologram, amazed. "This is so cool. Your people are also very unique. You have perfect control of your neurons don't you? To be able to do all these is simply amazing. Why didn't you include yourself?"

"That might be true, but your people can control nature and time and space itself. I find that amazing." You smiles, typing in the pad rapidly, an image of yourself with your natural hair color appear seconds later. "I'm a beast master(controls beast and spirit), summoner(summons any type of mythical being or spirits), weapons specialist, and I'm an biokinesis. Two of my abilities are pretty useless here on Earth, anyways your turn." You pulled out her access card before passing him the pad.

"Alright! I've always wanted to use one. And it might not be, from what I gather, Seoul have very dangerous beast in their zoo." Kris rubbed his hand together in excitement. You disn't say anything, only nodding your head.

"Okay first is Lu Han or Lu, he's  telekinetic, and a transporter. His familiar is an owl."

 

"Next is Zhang Yixing, or Lay. He's our healer, and he also controls water. His familiar is a unicorn"

"This is Huang Zhitao, or Tao, he controls time, and the Earth, like mud and plant you know. His familiar is a panda." You nodded to show that you understand.

"Kim Min Seok, or Xiumin controls the ice, and wind. His familar is an eagle."

"And lastly Kim Jong Dae, or Chen, he controls lightning, and light. His fimiliar is a scorpion."


"Wow.... You guys have familiar?! The only beast that ever listen to me when I called is this one dragon and my little Pheonix." You sighs, looking at the animals in jeaousy.

"Don't feel bad, our familiars can be very... Disobedient and vicous."

"I know how that feel, so anymore questions?" You smiles, Kris pretend to think about it. "Would you allow anymore?"

"Anymore what Duizhang?!" A hologram of Tao popped out of the pad, Lay and Chen next to him. "Hey duizhang! Who's that beautiful girl next to you?" Chen gave you a flirty look.

"It's nothing Zhitao, and this beautiful girl, as you put it, is the general of ZI-4." Chen shrunk back, a shocked look on his face. You looks at Kris, puzzle. "Why is he shocked?" "Don't mind him, he's like that." Kris wave it away, turning to face his team. "Everyone, this is General Aven-Jung of ZI-4. She and her team will be joining us on this mission. Are you on your way?"

"Yes sir, we will reach Earth in approximately 9 hours." Luhan responded, he looks like a sixteen year old Earth boy!

"That's great, please don't destroy anything. I don't want a repeat performance of Vancouver." The guys started simpering, chuckling nervously. "Yes sir!" They saluted, getting ready to disperse. "Wait! Wait! Wait!" You shouted, grabbing the pad, and jumping to your feet. "Yes General Aven?" The guys look up, surprise written all over their faces.
 
"Are you all really over eighteen Earth year? Luhan and Xiumin there looks barely over sixteen! And Lay, can I see your unicorn? I've never seen one!" The guys look at each other, not knowing how to response. Suddenly, they all burst out laughing, even Kris. "What?" You ask, confuse.

"I can't believe they call you Death." Kris laughs, slapping you on the back.

The guys continue laughing, nodding in agreement. "To answer your question General, I'm 22 Earth year, and so is Xiumin. We are 26 on our planet." Luhan answer, wiping away the tears of mirth.

"And yes General, I'll show you my unicorn when we arrive. Just a warning though, he's not very friendly." Lay smiles at you. You nodded, "thank you! And please call me Val, General is quite a mouthful." "No problem Val, we'll see you two later!" The hologram went off seconds later.

"You're funny Val, and very lovely." You look at him weirdly.
Kris smiles, "I'm? People say I'm a bit awkward, and I'm a warrior Kris, what is so lovely about that?"
"That just make you even lovelier, I don't know why they call you Death on our planet. You're so lovely, kind, and full of life. You're just perfect Val."
You blush, "are you coming onto me Kris?"
Kris lean down, his nose touching yours. "You know it, you're a lovely lady, who's strong and independent. I can't help it." He whispers before kissing you deeply.
"I'm very happy to hear that," you murmur, breathless.
"Very very lovely Val..." Kris smile, pulling you into his arms, snogging you endlessly. "My gorgeous Polarean, thank you Drake." Kris thought, grinning when you push him to the floor, not breaking contact once.