Part 2

A Chanced Meeting

After a few steps, I found myself turning back around, for one last glimpse of Chanyeol. He appeared to be occupied with his phone, and seeing that reminded me of my meet up, so I quickly took out my own phone and sent a text. I guess she must have had her phone ready in her hand, because she replied back faster than I had expected, which was a good thing.

From: YORLABO

'Awesome, coz I just got here too. Where r u?? I'm outside near the bobba store.'

As soon as I read that, I headed towards the bubble tea store outside, making sure to keep an eye out for someone who looked as though they were waiting for someone. My face lit up when I saw Chanyeol standing a couple of meters away, his attention still on his phone. I quickly walked over and poked his arm, and when our eyes met, he smiled right away.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" asked the brunette, as he slipped the device back into his pocket.

"I'm waiting for someone," I replied, and then did another scan.

"Really? Me too!" he exclaimed, sounding happy to not wait by himself.

I took out my phone and sent the person another text, telling them my outfit; perhaps that might help a little more. As I waited for a reply, my mind was starting to wonder if I was at the right bubble tea store. What if she was talking about the other one that was a couple of blocks away? I turned back to look at Chaneyeol, to see him staring at his phone again. The expression of complete confusion occupied his face, by the sight of his eyebrows closely drawn together, in thought. Slowly, he turned to face me, and then his phone, and then back at me again. And with each turn, his baffled face appeared to become more surprised, yet at the same time, he seemed to be unsure.

"Um...what are you doing?" I cautiously asked, after becoming aware of him examining my clothes.

He blinked, and then tilted his head at me while raising an eyebrow, "You didn't happen to order some headphones, did you...?" I could hear the curiosity dripping from every word in his question.

My eyes found themselves trailing down to whatever he was holding in his right hand. Seeing the familiar black hexagon design on the brown paper bag, made my eyes widen in surprise. I then looked back at him and opened my mouth to speak, but nothing would come out. A long pause occupied the two of us, and then as if on cue, we suddenly both burst out laughing.

The realization of who we were waiting for was just too good to be true!

"So these exotic headphones are for you?" mused Chanyeol, as he held up the package.

I nodded, and then opened up my purse to grab out my wallet. "I can't believe you're the owner of the YORLABO store!" I said, "To be honest, I thought I was going to be meeting a girl."

The grin from Chanyeol's face disappeared, and was soon replaced with a pout, "What are you trying to say, huh?"

Laughing, I waved both of my hands at him in defense. "Oh no, I didn't mean to call you girly or anything," I began, "It's just that throughout the times that I've shopped online, it's always been a girl that I ended up seeing, that's all."

With an unamused look still on his face, Chanyeol crossed his arms, and then turned his head away a bit. "Guys can run online stores too," he huffed.

This childish behavior along with his deep voice, made it hard for me to not laugh. His 'grumpy' act didn't last long, as a goofy grin soon made its way back onto his face. I shook my head at him with a smile while he chuckled, and then handed him the money, as he gave me my headphones. With a chirpy 'thank you', he then proceeded to stuff the note into his wallet, so I decided to take this chance to have a quick glance at my item, out of curiosity.

"Psh, now you think I'm a scammer?" he said, looking at me with a look of disbelief.

I shook my head, "No, I was just...checking!"

Chanyeol lift an eyebrow, "Then what was with that pause?" He saw the way my eyes flattened as I let out a soft groan, and then chuckled, "I'm kidding!"

Our little laughing session soon finished, as the two of us eventually found ourselves standing there, with nothing else to say.

"So," I began, breaking the silence, "I guess...I guess it was nice doing business with you."

The surprised look on his face made it seem as though he had just remembered the main reason as to why he was here in the first place. Chanyeol nodded, and it might have been a part of my imagination, but the smile that came onto his face this time, looked a little forced. For some strange reason, something was holding me back, and my legs were hesitating to move away. Having only just met and seeming to have instantly click, it surprised me, and I wanted to know more about him.

But it seemed like he wasn't thinking the same thing, when he suddenly bid his farewell to me.

With a little wave, I forced myself to turn around, and make my way down the street, towards the mall. A million thoughts started to flood my mind, and with each step I took, it just made me feel unsure. Did I do the right thing? Maybe I should have said something? Or maybe I could just get his email from his store, and get to know him slowly through instant messenger? Or maybe—

"Wait!" called out someone's voice.

Breaking out of my thoughts, I turned around to see the same messy-haired brunette that I was just thinking about, running towards me. As Chanyeol came to a stop in front of me, he took in a deep breath, just before showing me a tiny smile. Something appeared to be making him nervous though, as he seemed to be a bit fidgety, and wasn't exactly meeting my gaze. I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck, a sure sign that he was nervous, as he mumbled out something that I didn't quite catch. It was a little amusing to see this shy side to him, compared to his talkative self a while ago.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked, and then took a step closer.

He nervously bit his lip, "Uh, I said...I said if you...you know, wanted to go and get some ice cream or something." A sheepish smile came onto his face as he waited for my response.

I could feel my heart soaring in the air at what he had said, and tried my best to stop the overly happy smile from twitching onto my face. Tapping a finger on my chin, I pretended to have a little think, and the sight of Chanyeol's eyebrows uncomfortably drawing together, had me suppressing a giggle. It became even harder for me to keep on a straight face, when he started saying that we could get something else, other than ice cream. I waved off his little blabber and called him crazy for even suggesting that. His face instantly lit up once I agreed, and he excitedly clapped his hands and cheered, making a few confused heads turn towards us here and there.

Once he stopped, he then held out his elbow towards me. "If you stick close, I'll guarantee that every creeper will keep his eyes to himself!" he explained with a wink.

I could feel my cheeks heating up. A warm tug on my heart could be felt, as I ended up smiling at his playfulness. I eventually looped my arm around his arm, where the two of us then made our way towards the gelato stall, talking about anything that came to mind.

"So what does YORLABO stand for, anyway?" I asked.

"You only roll like a buffalo once," he replied.

"What?!" I blurted, not expecting this answer at all.

Chanyeol shrugged, "It's just something me and my buddy Kris made up, while we were making up a rap."

"You rap?" I questioned, feeling surprised once more.

He eagerly nodded, "Hell yeah!"

The rest of the day consisted of us just getting to know one another a little bit better, and we got along so well, it was a little scary at how perfect it was. Chanyeol was full of surprises, and his bright aura had me in a cheery mood all day. Even though we teased and picked on each other for the silliest reasons, it was all for a little harmless fun. Like when he would point at something in the distance to distract me for a second, just to take a quick bite out of my ice cream, and then how I would splash him with the fountain's water, for payback. I subconsciously found myself locking arms with him more easily as the day went by, and am so grateful to have had this outcome from today.

I guess if it weren't for that stalker-man, then I wouldn't have had this chance to know Chanyeol.

And from the look of how things are going, we might be seeing each other a lot more from now on, and possibly even becoming something more.