Part 1

A Chanced Meeting

Placing in the last coin, I impatiently waited for my ticket to come out, and once it did, I immediately grabbed it, and ran over to check the screen of the train time table.

A heave of relief escaped me, to see that I wasn't running late; the train wasn't going to come for another two minutes, and knowing that I was actually on time like how I had planned, put me at ease.

Tucking my train ticket into the safety of my purse, I then went and took a seat at one of the vacant benches nearby. Ever since I was introduced to shopping online through a friend, the habit grew. Not having a credit card or a PayPal account (just yet), restricted me from shopping at the stores that only took those form of payment, so it was a good thing that I was able to stumble across a few other online stores that were willing to meet their customers face-to-face. I admit; the thought of meeting up with a stranger over the internet to have your money exchanged for some goods, was a little daunting at first. Feedback from customers, and self-taken photos from the store owner themselves, were pretty much the only way for you to see if they were trustworthy enough to buy from.

And throughout my experiences so far, I had yet to come across a scammer. Thankfully everyone that I had bought from, were (and is), exceptionally friendly; some were even nice enough to throw in a free item, or even give me a discount, when I became a regular.

And because of that, my anxious thoughts soon became nonchalant ones, whenever I decided to place in an order for something.

I temporarily put aside these thoughts, when in the corner of my eye, a man standing a couple of meters away from me, came into view. He appeared to be in his late twenties (or perhaps early thirties?) and as soon as I caught him eyeing me up and down in an unpleasant way, my eyebrows pinched together in discontent.

Oh no, not this again.

I remember him...I remember him quite well, actually.

I've seen this man here twice, and both times, he had been staring at me non-stop. I never understood why though, because it wasn't as though I was wearing flashy clothing, or was the only person around, so it didn't make sense as to why he would single me out like that. 

Overall, it was definitely creepy.

The uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, eventually made me get up from my seat, and walk a couple of meters further away from him. I really hope he wasn't actually a stalker of some sort, but it was hard to feel reassured. Looking up at the time table screen again for another check up, I pursed my lips slightly.

Another minute until the train arrives? Really, because this honestly feels like the longest two minutes of my life. 

The uneasy feeling resurfaced again, when my attention was brought back to that man. He had moved closer, and his constant staring was rather uncomfortable. I tried my best to ignore his presence, and look straight ahead of me, with my finest poker face. When the train arrived at last, my face lit up at the idea of finally escaping from his sight, as I dashed into the farthest carriage.

But to my horror, he had run after me, and had also jumped into the same, crowded carriage, except from the opposite end.

Taken aback at how he had spirited after me, the idea of him being a possible stalker, was starting to look really...well, possible. I quickly skimmed the place, and took a seat at the first empty spot that I saw, which was next to a sleeping male. He had a cap covering a majority of his face, probably to help keep the sun away from his eyes. The baggy outfit he had on, along with the additional bling-bling-like accessories, gave me the impression that he was a rebel of some sort.

Maybe this guy's tough image could somehow help keep that crazy man away from me?

I turned around and quickly scanned the faces of the people there, to see if he was still following me.

And to my dismay, he was.

His eyes were still on me, and I ducked my head away with a shiver. The uncomfortable thought of how he didn't bother to hide his intensions of following me, made me bite my bottom lip in distress. Taking out my phone, I tried my best to distract myself with some games, but it was a little hard, knowing that someone was keeping their eye on you. The train came to another stop, and when some of the people from the seat in front of me had left, new people had replaced them. I took a peek through my fringe in the middle of my scrabble game, and was met with the same pair of eyes, that greatly disturbed me.

The stalker-man was now sitting in the row in front of me, which meant that he was now much closer, and he continued to do nothing but just...stare at me.

I swallowed, praying that he would soon go away, while trying my best to appear unaffected. Since the place was packed, I wasn't too worried about him attempting to try something, or anything, really. But the people around me on the train seemed to be off in their own thoughts, or just doing their own thing. They were either on their phone, reading a book, or sleeping, and looked too occupied to notice this creepy man's extremely obvious staring, at me. Or maybe they were aware, but pretended to look as if they didn't, because they knew he was, in some crazy way...harmless?

Well, I really hoped so, because it doesn't feel like that at all.

Sinking a little deeper into my seat, I tilted my head down a bit more, letting my fringe continue to act as a curtain, hoping that he would get the hint of my ignoring him, to leave me alone.

"Jagiya," called someone.

I tensed up at the foreign deep voice, and the only thing I could think of, was that it was coming from the stalker-man in front of me.

Except, the voice seemed to be coming from...my right?

"Jagi, are you okay?" said the same voice.

I suddenly felt an arm drape itself around my shoulders, causing me to finally look up. My widen eyes were met with twinkling dark brown orbs, that belonged to the once, sleeping male from my right. I saw how his eyes quickly flickered over to the creepy man watching us from the seat in front, and then back to me, signaling that I should play along.

Taking the hint, I did a subtle nod. "Oppa!" I blurted out, and then forced on a smile, "When did you get here?"

The frizzy brunette male chuckled, "I've been here this whole time!" He then shook his head and feigned hurt, "Aigoo, I can't believe my girl couldn't even recognize me sleeping next to her!"

I let out some light laughter, and then apologized to him, to which he forgave me with a pinch on the cheek. That unexpected gesture caused me to instantly swat his hand away, and then rub the sore spot. An unpleased pout made its way onto my lips as he continued to make fun of me, and seeing this, he ended up saying sorry, and then surrendered, promising not to do that anymore. I hummed a little tune, pretending to think about his forgiveness, and when I gave in, he cheered, and then pulled me closer to him for a hug. The amount of forced skin-skip being exchanged between the two of us, made my heart beat a little faster. It also didn't help that he was quite handsome, and his playfulness looked so natural, I don't think the people around would know if he was acting or not.

When my eyes managed to casually peek over towards the stalker-man, shock was evident on his face. He had moved back a little into his seat, and didn't look like he was going to pounce on me at any minute; I was extremely glad to see that he was now backing away. To make things even better, when the next stop arrived, he got off, finally disappearing from our sight.

"Oh thank God," I breathed out, as soon as the train began moving again.

"He's gone?" questioned my savior.

I nodded, and then turned my attention back to him with a polite smile, "Yeah, thanks for helping me."

A grin formed on his face, as he removed his arm away from my shoulders. "No worries," he replied, "Seriously, that guy looked like he was going to eat you, and I couldn't just watch that happen!"

I chortled, but then ended up letting out a sigh. Seeing that, he tilted his head and blinked, asking me what was wrong. I ended up telling him how this wasn't the first time that his had happened, and he frowned. He then started to give me 'pointers' and 'tips' on the most vulnerable parts to defend myself from a guy, but strangely made me promise not to use them on him, since he was doing me a favour by helping out. A cheeky grin made its way onto my face, as I lifted up a hand, and pretended to look as though I was going to slap him, which made him flinch and turn away. I laughed, and once he heard that, he slowly turned around, the pout on his face signaling that he wasn't very impressed by my actions.

The sight of him pouting like that, made it hard for me to tell if he was a rebellious person that got into fights, or a secret five year old.

I was still quite surprised to see how his adorable face held such a deep voice; it was just something that I didn't expect at all. The two of us found ourselves engaging in more conversation, with him cracking jokes left and right. I honestly never thought that there would be the day where a complete stranger would pretend to be my boyfriend, to help keep the rare, unwanted attention away from me.

And because of our little act, I guess it helped us click together a little quicker, and feel as though we had known each other for really long time.

The train finally came to my stop, and to my delight, it was also at his stop as well. He asked me what I was doing here, and I told him that I was going to meet up with someone, just before heading into the shops. A look of surprise appeared on his face, as he nodded, saying that he was also doing something similar along those lines. When the doors of the train slid open, we walked out together, and then headed over towards the ticket barrier, where we then passed through it together. Once we were through, I knew it was time to say my farewell to him, which oddly disappointed me. I kind of wanted to spend more time with him, but I didn't know how to tell him, without him possibly thinking of me weirdly.

We exchanged names just before saying bye, and I had to hide my smile with my fist when I heard him repeat it. Although, the way he said it made it sound as though he had heard it before from somewhere, causing me to end up raising an eyebrow at him.

“Sorry, it’s just...” he paused for a bit, and then shook his head with a soft smile, “Never mind. My name's Chanyeol, by the way."

His contagious grin ended up making me smile. "Well it was really nice meeting you, Chanyeol," I said.

He nodded, "Like wise."

With a salute sign from him, and a wave from me, we eventually parted from there.