quatre

Idlip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 4


When we got into his place, it’s already nightfall. He immediately removed his coat and crawled into his bed. He was fast asleep. I sigh in pity as I lie down beside him. Poor guy, I roll over closer to him and his hair. He had a slight fever.

Do rich kids get sick that fast?

I touched his eyebrows, the scar was there. Indeed, I can say, this is really Jonghyun, our best friend. I closed my eyes. I’m tired. I want to take a nap first.

.

.

.

.

But wait, something’s not right. I hastily sat down.

.

.

.
Oh shoot! I forgot Jinki! Oh no! He must be worried sick, and I’m a dead meat now. I stood up and went to find my things. “Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!” I mutter as I went outside his room, and immediately pull the door knob. I hope I didn’t wake him up, because I believe I slammed his door.

---

I grip my hands and swallowed hard. I was standing at the middle of this street lamp, few more steps and I will face my death. I promised him that I’ll be back after lunch, but what time is it? It’s already PAST lunch time. It’s already past DINNER time.

Oh no! No. No. No! How come my feet drag me closer to the entrance door? Noooooo!

Okay! Enough Airi, calm down, I told myself many times. Yeah, I know I’m over acting. I’m just scared because I foresee this will lead into resentment between us. I open the entrance door, it seems like no one is around even the landlord.

I sigh with relief. Thank heavens. I went straight to the stairs where there’s only light lighting the whole floor. But before, my dream of having this peaceful escaped… I swear to my ancestors… from my peripheral vision… I saw someone or something moved. I gulp…

My insides were trembling so do my eyes and hands, I’m already afraid of Jinki yet at this very point of time, there’s something haunting me which adds on my anxiety.

I told myself that I won’t look at that direction, but I DON’T KNOW! My body keeps on reacting against me. I shut my eyes, slowly, I look to that path, and I peek with one eye.

god, this is so crazy. I huff and fully open both of my eyes. I grin wide, as I saw Jinki standing in akimbo position. “Hi.” I said, enthusiastically as I could, addition to that I raised my hand, a little. Slowly, he made his way out of the darkness. I could see his face much clearer. He looked at me, straight in my eyes but he wasn’t talking. I swallowed hard.

“So this is your definition of after lunch?” he asked, sternly.

“Uh…. I have an explanation?”

“And you didn’t even call me?”

Gasp. Speaking of call, uh-oh, I forgot to claim my hand phone from that lady at the information. “I have an explanation for that again.”

He nod once and tilt his head on the side as he lean against the wall.

.

There, I explain everything, from the top but I forgot to mention about Jonghyun, ‘cause he already shown signs of exhaustion by yawning many times and stretching his hands upward. The outcome was okay, he was angry but after the explanation part, he cooled down. I find it strange, he was just my best friend, yet he was acting stricter than my dad.

He’s way over protective, and I promised that I’ll make up to him.

---

The next day, I went to the office to retrieve my hand phone and to present my drafts to the line managers. As for the results, it went well and I got my phone back. They advise that I should talk to Jonghyun, about the production, when will it start and etc., but Jonghyun didn’t report to work today, he was on sick leave. I suddenly felt guilty as I came to know that. It was my entire fault. I wish I could feel exculpated from this.

.

Same day, after I got out of the office which is today, I went to the nearest fruit stand to buy him fruits—number one source of vitamins, afterwards, I went to Jonghyun’s place, to check him out and report to him about the presentation.

I pushed the doorbell; a woman in mid-fifties, dressed in a maid’s uniform opened it for me. She eyed at the basket I was holding and gave me an uneasy smile, she asks, “Who are you?”

I’m not stupid to think that she’s not an au pair. Today was our first meeting; I didn’t saw her last night or any maids. We were completely alone, just the two of us, me and Jonghyun. “My name is Ito Airi and I’m looking f---”

“I see…. So you’re the girl whom young master was calling out.”

I let out a weak laugh and my eyes roam around as I don’t want to have a direct eye contact with this lady because she looks rigorous, I said, “I guess so.”

She roll her eyes and smirk before she turn around and walk, “you said your name is Ito Airi? He was calling for this Ito Airi girl, then based form your tone you’re having second thoughts if it’s you or not, unbelievable… For Pete’s sake.” Then she shook her head. I felt embarrassed at the same time hurt again, why do people around Jonghyun have the same attitude? They’re all cold. I pout, I don’t wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter