Enough.

Baby, you might just fall in love with me

CHAPTER NINE

After finally rousing myself from bed, showering and getting dressed and somehow hitching a cab, I was finally in front of the JYP building.

It was definitely an impressive building and I wondered how I was even going to get into said building. I had no identification after all and how was I to know whether Nichkhun had even told anyone else but 2PM about me? Did his president even know about me?

I shook my head in order to stop the depressive, unanswerable questions. I suddenly wished I'd asked him these necessary details. After all, I'd heard that if the president didn't approve of your relationship, it was over.

Especially now that I wasn't pregnant... he had no reason to fight for me.

I once again shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts from my mind. I hated being negative. But after almost a month with Nichkhun, I'd become an insecure, doubtful and pessimistic woman.

A complete 180 on what I'd been before.

Shouldn't that be warning?

The force of a person bumping into me woke me from my daydreams and I remembered exactly where I was.

Outside the JYP building where Nichkhun was and I remembered why I was here.

I needed to talk to him, before the day was over.

You can do this, I urged myself as I took a deep breath, inhaling the chilled air as I steeled myself. And with that, I took a step forward. And then another and another until finally, I was at the entrance.

I reached out and grasped the glass door's handle, finding it to be unlocked. My eyes widened briefly before I let myself in.

The inside of the building was just as impressive as I imagined it to be and I could understand why you'd simply want to stay here all day and possibly all night.

"Miss," I heard a voice call and instantly I froze, "Can I help you?"

Hesitantly, I turned my head in the direction of the voice, only to be greeted by the figure of what I assumed to be a security guard. His eyes scrutinized me, watching for any signs of deception or, he was probably seeing if I had any weapons on me. After all, you did get such mentally unstable fans.

"Ummm," I began, wondering how I'd convince him to let me find Nichkhun, "I'm here to look for Nichkhun..." I lamely said, berating myself on not being able to say anything better than that.

The guard raised an eyebrow, "Can I ask for your name Miss?"

I frowned at him for a moment, wondering if it was a good or a bad thing. If I gave him my name, he could use it to blacklist me somehow, couldn't he?

But somehow, I felt I could trust him.

"Song Victoria."

Immediately, the man smiled.

"Ahh, so you're her," he spoke in a more jovial tone, "I was wondering what you'd look like. Nichkhun told me that if a woman named Victoria ever came to the building to let her in."

My eyes widened and I was just barely able to keep my jaw from dropping, "He did?" I croaked out, still in a state of shock.

"Yes, he told me you were his best friend from before he was a trainee and that you'd moved to Korea."

I simply blinked in response, mildly nodding my head.

I was both elated and depressed at the man's words. Elated as Nichkhun had mentioned my existence to the man and thus, I was allowed in, but depressed because he'd called me his 'best friend', instead of something like 'mother of my baby' or, 'special person'.

But then again, who was I to complain.

Him and I merely were best friends after all.

Our relationship hadn't changed much even though we wanted to have a baby together.

The remembrance of that brought a sour taste to my mouth and it took effort to retain the tears.

I'd watched too many sappy romance dramas.

Realizing that I'd been silent too long, and that the guard had begun to look upon me strangely, I spoke, "Do you know where I could find Nichkhun?"

He shook his head, "Unfortunately, I only see the idols at the reception here. From here on they all go to their various practice room. I'm sure he'll have his cellphone on him."

Oh right.

I could always call him.

Idiot Victoria, I chided myself as I mentally face palmed myself.

"Thank you, I'll give him a call," I said as I bowed.

The guard returned the gesture before walking off, continuing his patrol.

Well, now that I was successfully in the building, I had to find Nichkhun.

Right, call him.

With fumbling fingers, I managed to pry my phone from my handbag and I quickly activated the touch screen. I still wasn't quite used to the Korean technology yet, as Nichkhun had only gotten me the phone a week ago. Needless to say, I'd quickly turned the phone's language onto Mandarin instead of Korean.

Nichkhun hadn't complained. While he might be Thai by birth, he'd lived in China ever since the age of nine, when we'd become friends.

Focus Victoria.

Now wasn't the time to be getting lost in thought.

With a deep sigh, I found Nichkhun's number. Well, it was hard to miss since he'd edited it as, 'Prince Khun.' And it so happened to be one of the ten numbers in my phonebook.

I gingerly dressed 'dial' and brought the phone to my ear.

One of 2PM's songs immediately started playing and despite my mood, I felt myself wanting to sing along to the, 'I'll be back,'  lyrics.

The song kept playing.

Nichkhun wasn't answering his phone.

Feeling disheartened, I pulled the phone away from my ear and simply stared at the screen - Your call has been disconnected. Call Again. Send Text Message.

I chose neither of the options as instead, I slid my phone back into my handbag.

I knew that I was giving up too quickly, but honestly, I didn't even feel like trying.

Looking around, I found that some plush, comfy looking chairs were not too far away and I didn't think anyone would mind if I went to go sit on them. So I did.

I briefly wondered if anyone walking by saw me and wondered just who on earth I was and why I was even allowed into the building. Or if, instead, they acted like the security guard had and asked themselves, 'Is that the Song Victoria that I've heard about from Nichkhun? She must be here waiting for him.'

Now, if they did think that, if only they would come and ask me if I was waiting for him. Maybe someone else could give me an indication of where he was and if I could even find him.

I didn't have to wait long.

"Ah, Victoria-shi, is that you?"

The voice sounded oddly familiar and I looked around to see who'd called me, feeling hopeful as they'd used my name.

My eyes widened for a moment, "Chansung?" I replied, watching as the 2PM maknae walked toward me. Despite the cold weather, he was dressed in a light t-shirt and a pair of tracksuit points. From my vantage point I could see that a fine layer of swear coated his skin and I assumed that he'd just come from a practice room.

As he neared, I stood up from my seat and inclined my head in greeting.

The boy returned the gesture and at this distance, I could see the sweat matting his hair. However, he was still handsome.

"What are you doing here?" he asked me with genuine surprise in his tone.

Immediately, I began to feel uneasy from the simply way he'd phrased his question. Was I not supposed to be here?

"I'm..." I paused, mouth half agape, "Looking for Nichkhun... I tried to call, but he won't pick up and I just really need to talk to him."

Concern began to etch itself in the maknae's brow and the feeling of unease simply increased, pooling in my stomach.  

Chansung opened his mouth to speak, lips already forming the words when no words came out. He'd stopped himself midway. This simply added to my unease.

Coming here... now, I don't think it was a good idea.

"Did..." he finally spoke, averting my eyes, "Fight with Khun hyung?" he then paused, "I don't mean to pry, but he was in a rather depressive mood when he came to practice this morning."

I didn't like to feel pleasure at other's distress, but it was comforting to know that Nichkhun was depressed at my lack of being pregnant.

"We didn't fight," I said carefully, not sure whether Nichkhun had informed them of our deal or not, "But something came up. But, I need to talk to him Chansung," I could even hear the desperation in my tone.

Guilt creased Chansung's face, "Now isn't the best time..."

My eyes pleaded with his. If I didn't speak to him now, I'd lose the courage to do so later and I'd come too far now. Hell, I'd even managed to get myself into the building after all.

And then he lowered his gaze in defeat.

"Come with me," he spoke with a tone that tried too hard to be cheerful before leading the way.

I nodded and followed, the feeling of unease never draining and merely being replaced with dread as we walked.

Chansung lead me through the entertainment building, smiling and greeting various people, some of whom I recognized as being idols, as we threaded through the corridors. I knew that I should be taking note of the inside as very few people besides those who worked here ever got to walk through these halls. But I couldn't find the strength to.

The feeling of dread heightened as we came to a door, one that was slightly ajar, yet Chansung's lean frame prevented me from seeing inside. I could hear music streaming from the room though, something similar to;

Cabi, Cabi, you're hottest, hottest.

The words alone gave me reason to worry.

And then, with one last glance of Chansung's sorrowful eyes, he stepped out the way.

Only to reveal Nichkhun in the practice room.

However, he wasn't alone.

There was a woman in the room with him.

Not that I would've minded that at all.

Only this one was dancing with him.

Rather intimately.

In fact, they were laughing too, totally oblivious to the maknae's and my presence.

Oblivious.

I turned my back to them.

Then, with tears beginning to line my eyes, I asked Chansung, "Can we please go somewhere else?"

He nodded.

 

- - - - -

 

The cafe was quaint and cosy, with the aroma of freshly ground delicacy coffee wafting in the air.

It was a welcome change from the cold scene I'd just witnessed.

The cafe was just opposite the JYP building, which must've been why Chansung had decided to bring me here. It seemed that the waiters and waitresses were no strangers to idols frequenting their cafe as they barely battered an eyelid upon our entrance.

"We used to come here a lot as trainees..." the dark haired maknae spoke as we sat down, "We came here when he we were having a hard time. It was to try and raise the morale."

I offered him a timid, grateful smile.

Soon enough, a waitress was at the edge of our table and asking for our orders. I simply ordered a cappuccino.

A tense, silent atmosphere soon encompassed us.

I wasn't sure what to say, or even how to broach the topic of what we'd just seen. After all, Chansung was part of 2PM, he held more loyalty to Nichkhun than to me.

"Victoria-shi..." he tentatively broke the silence, "About what you saw in the practice room..."

I put my hand up to quiet him, "You don't have to try and explain his behaviour."

"No," he objected, "I can explain a part of what happened."

I raised an eyebrow and nodded, motioning for him to continue.

He inhaled deeply, "Well, coming up in summer, we have a campaign to film for Caribbean Bay, a successful water park here in South Korea." I was grateful for the simple words he used. My Korean, while it had improved, consisted mostly of a one week crash course.

"And we have to do the campaign with the SNSD sunbaes."

SNSD.

I knew that name.

The name that housed South Korean's most popular girl group.

My heart lurched.

Each of them was beautiful, talented and graceful.

They were the role models of many and the desires of others.

... I stood no chance against one of them.

"... And so we've been partnered up with one of them. Nichkhun was dancing with his partner, Yuri, in there when we walked in."

I'd heard of her before, the girl with the best body in  all of SNSD.

I bit my inner lip. I honestly and truly stood no chance.

"The music video does have a 'y' concept and that's why they were dancing like that..." Chansung's words faded.

I would've been fine, albeit a touch jealous, with slight y dancing for a music video. I'd accepted that Nichkhun was an idol and being an idol required certain things. I'd decided long ago that I'd never step in the way of his dreams.

But...

That didn't explain the intimacy between the two of them.

They'd been so comfortable with one another, the way he'd held her so and how they'd laughed.

That indicated that it wasn't just for the music video.

And like puzzle pieces, it all began to slot into place.

Why Nichkhun and I only walked outside at night. Why I seemed to be forever stuck in his apartment. Why he was so unwilling to help me with Korean at night.

I was simply a toy, a baby mother while Yuri was the one he saw daily, laughed with and cherished.

I simply kept his bed warm at night.

The tears were lining my eyes once again.

Fame had truly changed Nichkhun.

Chansung witnessed my tears and slowly placed a hand atop mine on the table. The touch was light and comforting and I was grateful for it.

"... I really think you need to talk to him though... Didn't you say you had something important you needed to discuss?" the maknae asked me in a hushed tone, cautious of his words.

Was it even necessary anymore?

"Because..." his tone was now nervous, "I've already asked Khun Hyung to come over. He said he'll be here in a few."

My eyes snapped wider as I sent a shocked glare to Chansung.

He offered a sheepish grin as he shrugged his shoulders.

I wanted to glare at the youth, but I couldn't find it in myself to do so.

Rather now than later I suppose.

And true to his word, a disgruntled looking Nichkhun had shuffled into the cafe five minutes later.

My heart lurched at the worry etched on his face, but then I remembered what I'd witnessed and that worry became an imitation.

The Thai Prince's eyes quickly caught sight of Chansung and I and he sprinted over.

"Vic," he cooed as soon as he was near enough. The gentleness of his voice was almost enough to convince me. Almost. "What's wrong-

But then he caught sight of Chansung's hand atop of mine.

Jealously flashed like fire through his doe eyes and he focused that rage on Chansung. I could see the maknae visibly cringing under the glare and he quickly pulled his hand away from mine.

And that's when I felt anger beginning to rise.

Nichkhun glared at Chansung as though the poor boy had tempted me.

As though he was one to blame others.

"Hyung, this isn't what you think."

"Oh really?" disbelief dripped from Nichkhun's voice, "Then, please explain."

I'd had enough.

Within seconds, I'd stood up and a red, hand-shaped mark lay engrained in Nichkhun's cheek.

Both men were in shock, their eyes widened to their maximum and their frames frozen.

And before either could speak, I stormed out of the cafe.

I'd had enough.

 

- - Hooray for long chapters that just add angst and dram XD I'm sorry everyone, but it had to happen eventually! I'm sorry she slapped poor Thai baby Khun, but mehh, when you reach your limit... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and a bit of a hint... aren't Vic's mood swings... just a little weird? And don't hate on Yuri. I like her and she isn't supposed to be evil in this T.T You'll see^^ Also, make sure to check out my other Khuntoria, If You Want ^^